Armors not unshockable by req packs

Which armors are not unlockable through req packs and what are the requirements for them?

Achilles - Complete all the Spartan company commendations.

HCS Challenger armour set - Available for 24 hours during one particular HCS event.

In addition to the above the Olive and Timmy helmets require unique efforts. Timmy requires 50 hours of customs and Olive requires you to have forged a map that made it’s way into matchmaking.

> 2533274870717152;2:
> Achilles - Complete all the Spartan company commendations.
>
> HCS Challenger armour set - Attend a HCS event (It’s no longer possible to get this armour)

The Challenger info isn’t correct. During the 2016 World Championship there was a pack available in the Xbox store for 24 hours that would get you the armor. You never had to actually attend an event.

> 2533274950162674;4:
> > 2533274870717152;2:
> > Achilles - Complete all the Spartan company commendations.
> >
> > HCS Challenger armour set - Attend a HCS event (It’s no longer possible to get this armour)
>
> The Challenger info isn’t correct. During the 2016 World Championship there was a pack available in the Xbox store for 24 hours that would get you the armor. You never had to actually attend an event.

OK, thanks for the explanation.

Was there 2 armour sets? Challenger and Champion, I think they were called.

> 2533274870717152;5:
> > 2533274950162674;4:
> > > 2533274870717152;2:
> > > Achilles - Complete all the Spartan company commendations.
> > >
> > > HCS Challenger armour set - Attend a HCS event (It’s no longer possible to get this armour)
> >
> > The Challenger info isn’t correct. During the 2016 World Championship there was a pack available in the Xbox store for 24 hours that would get you the armor. You never had to actually attend an event.
>
> OK, thanks for the explanation.
>
> Was there 2 armour sets? Challenger and Champion, I think they were called.

There is two HCS armor sets… Challenger which was available for 24 hours during one particular HCS event. You didn’t have to attend the event but it is no longer available. (I have it…be jealous…hahaha). Then there is champion which you get for buying additional HCS team packs.

> 2533274880633045;3:
> In addition to the above the Olive and Timmy helmets require unique efforts. Timmy requires 50 hours of customs and Olive requires you to have forged a map that made it’s way into matchmaking.

So basically no chance for Olive then. There are almost no forge maps in rotation. I was making some myself and putting in a ton of work, like 60+ hours on one map, but I decided it wasn’t worth it because it would never get played. :frowning:

It’s beautiful too, got a log-cabin aesthetic with a huge raised fireplace you can shoot through from red to blue side, and black marble platforms and lacquered wood floors.

> 2535417761739301;7:
> > 2533274880633045;3:
> > In addition to the above the Olive and Timmy helmets require unique efforts. Timmy requires 50 hours of customs and Olive requires you to have forged a map that made it’s way into matchmaking.
>
> So basically no chance for Olive then. There are almost no forge maps in rotation. I was making some myself and putting in a ton of work, like 60+ hours on one map, but I decided it wasn’t worth it because it would never get played. :frowning:
>
> It’s beautiful too, got a log-cabin aesthetic with a fireplace and black marble platforms and lacquered wood floor

Almost all of the grifball maps, all the action sack maps, the maps from half of the rotational playlists like castle wars, h1 throwback, h3 throwback etc, two or three in arena, all the btb maps. I believe some of the breakout maps as well…

I’m not sure how that qualifies as ‘almost none’ particularly since about half the playlists are have at least one forge map in them.

> 2535417761739301;7:
> > 2533274880633045;3:
> > In addition to the above the Olive and Timmy helmets require unique efforts. Timmy requires 50 hours of customs and Olive requires you to have forged a map that made it’s way into matchmaking.
>
> So basically no chance for Olive then. There are almost no forge maps in rotation. I was making some myself and putting in a ton of work, like 60+ hours on one map, but I decided it wasn’t worth it because it would never get played. :frowning:
>
> It’s beautiful too, got a log-cabin aesthetic with a huge raised fireplace you can shoot through from red to blue side, and black marble platforms and lacquered wood floors.

Well, there are quite a few Forge maps in rotation. Mostly in Action Sack, BTB, and Infection (really just the Social playlists in general), but they’re there. Not sure if there’s much of a chance of receiving it now, though, since I think it’s been a while since 343 last did any playlist refreshes to add new maps.

> 2533274880633045;8:
> > 2535417761739301;7:
> > > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > In addition to the above the Olive and Timmy helmets require unique efforts. Timmy requires 50 hours of customs and Olive requires you to have forged a map that made it’s way into matchmaking.
> >
> > So basically no chance for Olive then. There are almost no forge maps in rotation. I was making some myself and putting in a ton of work, like 60+ hours on one map, but I decided it wasn’t worth it because it would never get played. :frowning:
> >
> > It’s beautiful too, got a log-cabin aesthetic with a fireplace and black marble platforms and lacquered wood floor
>
> Almost all of the grifball maps, all the action sack maps, the maps from half of the rotational playlists like castle wars, h1 throwback, h3 throwback etc, two or three in arena, all the btb maps. I believe some of the breakout maps as well…
>
> I’m not sure how that qualifies as ‘almost none’ particularly since about half the playlists are have at least one forge map in them.

Full confession: I don’t play any of those playlists that are in the current rotation. I’m not a party mode guy.
So adjusted response then: I have to make a map for breakout or a party mode to get it into matchmaking?

I just wish we had more forge maps for standard play… what’s the name of the one in there now… with the three-tiered structure…has rockets and the scattershot? That one’s great. I loved how Reach embraced community maps, the biggest complaint was the endless grey structures, but that problem is solved by the amazing forge we have now.

Athlon Champion can only be obtained from a special HCS req pack that is only occasionally made available.

Classic Helmets can only be obtained through the Classic Helmets Pack which currently can’t be bought with RP but might still be in the Xbox Store.

> 2535417761739301;10:
> > 2533274880633045;8:
> > > 2535417761739301;7:
> > > > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > > In addition to the above the Olive and Timmy helmets require unique efforts. Timmy requires 50 hours of customs and Olive requires you to have forged a map that made it’s way into matchmaking.
> > >
> > > So basically no chance for Olive then. There are almost no forge maps in rotation. I was making some myself and putting in a ton of work, like 60+ hours on one map, but I decided it wasn’t worth it because it would never get played. :frowning:
> > >
> > > It’s beautiful too, got a log-cabin aesthetic with a fireplace and black marble platforms and lacquered wood floor
> >
> > Almost all of the grifball maps, all the action sack maps, the maps from half of the rotational playlists like castle wars, h1 throwback, h3 throwback etc, two or three in arena, all the btb maps. I believe some of the breakout maps as well…
> >
> > I’m not sure how that qualifies as ‘almost none’ particularly since about half the playlists are have at least one forge map in them.
>
> Full confession: I don’t play any of those playlists that are in the current rotation. I’m not a party mode guy.
> So adjusted response then: I have to make a map for a party mode to get it into matchmaking?
>
> I just wish we had more forge maps for standard play… what’s the name of the one in there now… with the three-tiered structure…has rockets and the scattershot? That one’s great.

‘party mode’ That’s a pretty undefined term.

The playlists run the gambit from ‘Arena’, 'BTB" and ‘Breakout’ on the competitive side to the mass requested throwback playlists to the fun stuff like action sack. 343 (and bungie before them) have been willing to take what they feel are the best the community has to offer and put them on display for us all to enjoy.

In order to get Olive; you’d have to make a quality map and submit it through proper channels particularly during the times when they’ve asked the community to make maps or game types.

> 2535417761739301;10:
> > 2533274880633045;8:
> > > 2535417761739301;7:
> > > > 2533274880633045;3:
> > > > In addition to the above the Olive and Timmy helmets require unique efforts. Timmy requires 50 hours of customs and Olive requires you to have forged a map that made it’s way into matchmaking.
> > >
> > > So basically no chance for Olive then. There are almost no forge maps in rotation. I was making some myself and putting in a ton of work, like 60+ hours on one map, but I decided it wasn’t worth it because it would never get played. :frowning:
> > >
> > > It’s beautiful too, got a log-cabin aesthetic with a fireplace and black marble platforms and lacquered wood floor
> >
> > Almost all of the grifball maps, all the action sack maps, the maps from half of the rotational playlists like castle wars, h1 throwback, h3 throwback etc, two or three in arena, all the btb maps. I believe some of the breakout maps as well…
> >
> > I’m not sure how that qualifies as ‘almost none’ particularly since about half the playlists are have at least one forge map in them.
>
> Full confession: I don’t play any of those playlists that are in the current rotation. I’m not a party mode guy.
> So adjusted response then: I have to make a map for breakout or a party mode to get it into matchmaking?
>
> I just wish we had more forge maps for standard play… what’s the name of the one in there now… with the three-tiered structure…has rockets and the scattershot? That one’s great.

Or a BTB map since all of them are forged maps. Also some in Team Slayer. I’m hard pressed to understand how you don’t know there are Forged maps in MM.

@Dax - I know there are forged maps in MM, I misspoke before. It’s more that they tend not to make it into the standard rotation that you would see on say, ranked team slayer. That’s my prickly point and the source of my malaise. I don’t want to make a party map, or a Breakout map, or an Infected map… my passion is making maps that you would play a standard game of Halo on.

I almost made it into the standard rotation in Halo: Reach, I had a map with over 10k unique DLs and I submitted it. It ultimately didn’t make it because it caused occasional frame drops that I could never fix. To this day, I’m not sure what exactly was breaking it.

@Hermit - “Party mode” is a loose term for a non-standard playlist offering with an unusual or silly spin. Things like infection, prop hunt, anything you’d see in Action Sack, those are party modes. It sounds like my only option would be to make something for BTB, which I could do, but those maps are certainly less tightly designed and competitive-minded than say, Truth is.

I sorta missed my chance to make something for this game it seems, which is a huge bummer. I’ll try again later I suppose.