Armor Unlock System?

Is there any information about how you unlock armor in Halo 4? I loved how you unlocked it in Halo 3, It made armor something to be proud of because you had to do something in order to earn it. Halo Reach just felt so boring. The only thing special about the high ranking armor was that it showed you have played for a long time. I would be fine with some armor being unlocked this way in Halo 4, but I, and many other people I have talked to, have preferred the way Halo 3 handled it. It just felt… more fun.

Armor will mainly be unlocked through the ranking and specializations system, there might be a possibility of achievemebt unlocks but we’re not sure yet.

At least we don’t have to buy it now.

Isn’t there something called ‘Spartan points’ in the game? It will most likely be unlocked through ranking up, achievement locks are a possibility for a few pieces of armour, but it will be like Reach, for the most part.

Edit: double post sorry

Hmm well that’s disappointing but not game breaking. I feel like a lot of things have just become to easy now. Unlocking things is easy, you practically start with equipment, etc. Hopefully there will be a few things to earn. If skulls aren’t even in I will be sad.
P.S. I accidentally posted this twice and am new to the forums, any way of deleting the last post?

> Isn’t there something called ‘Spartan points’ in the game? It will most likely be unlocked through ranking up, achievement locks are a possibility for a few pieces of armour, but it will be like Reach, for the most part.

Except you will not need to use Spartan Points to buy armour

> Isn’t there something called ‘Spartan points’ in the game? It will most likely be unlocked through ranking up, achievement locks are a possibility for a few pieces of armour, but it will be like Reach, for the most part.

I think its just by ranking up. Spartan points are use to unlock weapons and mods.

That’s… Depressing

I especially loved it when people joined the lobby and started asking if anyone wanted to help them get achievements.

ahh the good ol’e days.

Unlocking armor is based around DLC codes (pre-orders & LE), challenges, commendations, achievements, commendations, leveling up, and spartan points.

This is all on the Halo 4 site.

Armor is unlocked via reaching specific ranks. In addition it’s unlocked through unspecified challenges set by 343i. These could be Achievements, in-game Challenges, Waypoint challenges, etc.