Armor Tones In Team Games

When you jump into a game of warzone, or team battle, you always have the same dark blue/red team color. What if you could set your color to be lighter or darker during a team battle. This could be an option in the menu where you set your armor tone as light or dark. The armor in game would still be blue/red but it would be darker/brighter than usual. I think this is a good idea, because you can choose the tone you want, and not some dark blue/red. What do you other players think about this idea?

But why? The point of team colors is uniformity. This is like asking your local sports team “you always give the same uniform to your players, but what if you gave them options for a lighter or darker uniform?”

Part of the set color shades is to be able to easily see players. If you could change the shade of your armor you could make it darker/lighter to make it harder to see you on certain maps.

But the default team color is the darkest tone of blue, or red depending on team. You could make yourself lighter than usual, and darker from there.

I think it’s a great idea honestly. Not something we need, but would be neat. I thought this to the first time I played rocket league.

> 2533274904158628;2:
> But why? The point of team colors is uniformity. This is like asking your local sports team “you always give the same uniform to your players, but what if you gave them options for a lighter or darker uniform?”

This. Maybe make it an option in custom games but in standard modes (other than FFA) colors should also be standard.

I don’t get it there was no problem in figuring out who was on who’s team in halo combat evolved.

> 2533274973528125;7:
> I don’t get it there was no problem in figuring out who was on who’s team in halo combat evolved.

What exactly is the context here?

In combat evolved, the armor was very bright, but it made the Spartans look cooler. I don’t really like the dark armor scheme, and would prefer myself to have a lighter armor scheme.

> 2533274973528125;9:
> In combat evolved, the armor was very bright, but it made the Spartans look cooler. I don’t really like the dark armor scheme, and would prefer myself to have a lighter armor scheme.

We’re just saying we don’t players of different shades of color on the same team.

> 2533274973528125;1:
> When you jump into a game of warzone, or team battle, you always have the same dark blue/red team color. What if you could set your color to be lighter or darker during a team battle. This could be an option in the menu where you set your armor tone as light or dark. The armor in game would still be blue/red but it would be darker/brighter than usual. I think this is a good idea, because you can choose the tone you want, and not some dark blue/red. What do you other players think about this idea?

So you’re suggesting that we could be part of the lightish-red army by changing the shade of the two colors. Donut would be proud.

My ideal way of doing team colors is for the HUD to paint enemies and allies in a highlight – enemies in the color of their team, allies in a light green (as opposed to a dark green for the green team). Thus, everyone would maintain their armor colors in replays and stuff, but they’d still know who is on whose team.

> 2678033349858034;12:
> My ideal way of doing team colors is for the HUD to paint enemies and allies in a highlight – enemies in the color of their team, allies in a light green (as opposed to a dark green for the green team). Thus, everyone would maintain their armor colors in replays and stuff, but they’d still know who is on whose team.

The only issue I see with something like that is that kinda helps “spot” players in game. Even if it wasn’t as bad as the nighmarish Promethean vision from halo 4 that could see through walls, it would still ruin the game imho.

> 2533274857915830;13:
> > 2678033349858034;12:
> > My ideal way of doing team colors is for the HUD to paint enemies and allies in a highlight – enemies in the color of their team, allies in a light green (as opposed to a dark green for the green team). Thus, everyone would maintain their armor colors in replays and stuff, but they’d still know who is on whose team.
>
> The only issue I see with something like that is that kinda helps “spot” players in game. Even if it wasn’t as bad as the nighmarish Promethean vision from halo 4 that could see through walls, it would still ruin the game imho.

Hmmm promethian vision :thinking:

> 2533274973528125;1:
> When you jump into a game of warzone, or team battle, you always have the same dark blue/red team color. What if you could set your color to be lighter or darker during a team battle. This could be an option in the menu where you set your armor tone as light or dark. The armor in game would still be blue/red but it would be darker/brighter than usual. I think this is a good idea, because you can choose the tone you want, and not some dark blue/red. What do you other players think about this idea?

I would rather have the option that you could choose to always view the enemy as red/blue/yellow whatever you want. I find it very confusing that one game you would play as blue and the other game as red. Also for people with colour blindness. On some icy environments it’s much easier to see the red team compared to the blue team.