ARMOR SUCKS!!!

The armor customization is terrible… It looks like its going to be exactly like halo 4… Which was also terrible. Everything has a high gloss plastic tone and the shoulder pieces look like solid chunks of plastic just taped to your arm…

Not one set of armor is drastically different than the next. And what’s up with your stubby little arms?

And more so, if you look closely at your upper arms, not the armor but your actual arms, they are nowhere near proportional to your snake skinned massive chest…

Bring back an armor set up closer to Reach and 3 or just get rid of this garbage…

…oh but wait, 343 can’t make a functioning game anyways… Been sitting here for 20mins trying to get a match on beta…

And still love how 343 douched up the Spartans… Makes no sense, I know they’re not badass Spartans like chief, but most were ODSTs or other elite marines… Pathetic… This is what happens when you give nerds free reign of a game design…

> 2535417871012327;1:
> This is what happens when you give nerds free reign of a game design…

Well…I’ve seen everything now. Pretty sure going to a gaming forum to complain about cosmetics in a video game qualifies you as a “nerd” more than it does them.

Anyways, aside from your kinda pathetic cheap shot, you’re right. Most of the armors in 343 Halos have sucked. I still only wear Mark VI because it looks like real armor.

Well the beta is focusing on the gameplay mechanics. armor customization isn’t a priority for the beta plus they have said they haven’t finished the armor in the beta.

The MCC prompted me to finally speak out, never cared much before, but now that halo is getting completely screwed up…

And everybody has a little nerd in them…

And also im a fan of Halo…I’m not the kind of nerd that builds games for a living… If I was you’d -Yoink!- youself with how I wouldn’t release junk to one of the most loyal fan bases in the history of gaming…

> 2535417871012327;1:
> The armor customization is terrible… It looks like its going to be exactly like halo 4… Which was also terrible. Everything has a high gloss plastic tone and the shoulder pieces look like solid chunks of plastic just taped to your arm…
>
> Not one set of armor is drastically different than the next. And what’s up with your stubby little arms?
>
> And more so, if you look closely at your upper arms, not the armor but your actual arms, they are nowhere near proportional to your snake skinned massive chest…
>
> Bring back an armor set up closer to Reach and 3 or just get rid of this garbage…
>
> …oh but wait, 343 can’t make a functioning game anyways… Been sitting here for 20mins trying to get a match on beta…
>
> And still love how 343 douched up the Spartans… Makes no sense, I know they’re not badass Spartans like chief, but most were ODSTs or other elite marines… Pathetic… This is what happens when you give nerds free reign of a game design…

In My Opinion, 343 Did A Bloody Awesome Job And Gave Us An Amazing Deep Innovative Character Customization, Mate! It’s Much Better Than Reach’s Sloppy Bloody Armor, Mate! It Feels Like A Bloody Rich MMO Experience Mate!!

No it doesn’t.

You seem to be trolling, because the people who made the old spartan armor were nerds too.

The armor isn’t finished yet it’s still the beta.

It seems pretty obvious the armour isn’t complete, most of them lack decent textures. Heck Mark IV damage has better textures than Mark IV original. (Or is that just a glitch?)

Oh and the poor nightfall armour looks like a couple soft blocks put together. XD

> 2533274884747088;5:
> In My Opinion, 343 Did A Bloody Awesome Job And Gave Us An Amazing Deep Innovative Character Customization, Mate! It’s Much Better Than Reach’s Sloppy Bloody Armor, Mate! It Feels Like A Bloody Rich MMO Experience Mate!!

No dude…just no

Back in Halo 3 and Reach, i could look at someone and almost immediately know what helmet, shoulder pads, torso and knee pads they were wearing. Each piece of amour was unique and definable. But in Halo 4 and 5 It looks so plasticky and undefinable. You can barely tell pieces of amour apart. Only a couple of pieces actually look significantly different from the rest.

I just want them to open up customization to individual armor pieces again. I don’t want “armor sets,” I want to be able to mix and match and ultimately come up with something unique.

> 2535417871012327;1:
> This is what happens when you give nerds free reign of a game design…

what?

As opposed to the plethora of games created by jocks and Gothic hipsters?

All video games are created by nerds…

Armor was so well done in Reach. I miss it. I hope they release it again for Xbox One so I don’t have to hook my 360 back up just to play.

> 2533274933538004;14:
> Armor was so well done in Reach. I miss it. I hope they release it again for Xbox One so I don’t have to hook my 360 back up just to play.

Same here. Best Halo game, hands down.

I want to look like an actual super-solider, like this or this. None of that Halo 4 power ranger garbage.

Spartans are supposed to be tank-like and flexible; wrapped in 300kg of padding, advanced titanium and sophisticated machinery. I won’t be as terrified seeing some random pansy with a skin tight undersuit coming at me, as I would be with some battle worn freak running at 60 km/hr.

Whoever thought of the idea with having a glowing spandex undersuit in Halo 4 is nuts. Remember when it was said that their was a neigh indistinguishable difference between males and females in MJOLNIR? It makes sense with how much -Yoink- is supposed to be in the suit. This should be as skin tight as you can get with MJOLNIR, and is the ideal default undersuit to have for Halo 5, IMO.

I don’t know why everybody is saying "OOOOO ITS JUST IN BETA THE ARMOR IN HALO REACH IS SLOPPY!!!"

because reach is the complete opposite to sloppy and halo 5 beta’s armor will look 2 times worse than halo 4 and halo 4’s armor was bad enough by far…

I beg bungie to come back and fix this because im sick and tired of running into the battle field wearing unicorn like armor (In other words I mean fotus)

And the pioneer armor lets just say we all know why I would say it is SO HORRIBLE AND BULKY LIKE ALL THE ARMOR SINCE 343 “STOLE” HALO FROM BUNGIE!

Also halo 5 is straight up CALL OF DUTY and there is multiple reasons why

1. I know with all the weapons with scopes are alright and its not so bad with “Smart scope” but… I wonder what we are doing with the weapons at don’t have those ugly scope things (What I mean by that is the scopes on the DMR and Battle Rifle look ugly as hell!) WE ARE AIMING WITH THEM SO YEAH 343 HALO 5 IS AN AIM DOWN SIGHTS AFTER ALL YOU STUPID DUMB TURDS!

2. All of the Armor abilities available all at once makes me feel like 343’s so called “Spartans” feel and look more “robotic” (Anyway ever since halo 4 I never saw the SPARTAN IV’s as Spartans anyway LOL)

3. The theme and atmosphere just seems to light and happy…
In halo reach the music was much more… um… it was more dark music but had I light touch to it… And also the story was much more dark and sad but also some happiness to of-course. but ever since halo 4 its just been straight up light and all small bit of a dark story…
im not saying halo should be horrible and dark im just saying 343 just please take some advice from the previous games…
4. (This reason has spoilers from the halo 5 guardian’s campaign so if you want to see this reason click on the spoiler tab to see)

BRING BACK THE OLD SPARTANS SUCH AS SPARTAN 2S AND SPARTAN 3S BECAUSE MASTER CHIEF IS NOT EVEN A SPARTAN 2 ANYMORE HE IS CLEARLY WEARING SPARTAN 4 ARMOR NOW AND MY PROOF IS HIS UNDERSUIT THING WHAT HIS “SPARTAN 2” ARMOR LINKS UP TO IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS A SPARTAN 4’S SO 343 PLEASE JUST STOP CHANGING THE ORIDGINALS MADE BY BUNGIE INTO UGLY TURD FACES! FOR EXAMPLE ALL BLUE TEAM MEMBERS ARE SPARTAN 2’S BUT ALL THERE ARMOR ARE COMPATIBLE WITH SPARTAN 4S SO WE CAN NEVER SEE THE “REAL GOOD” ARMOR BUNGIE RIGHTLY DESIGNED AND THE SPARTAN 3S FROM THAT CARTOON OR BOOK THEY MADE ALL THE SPARTAN 3S IN THERE LOOK JUST LIKE SPARTAN 4S AND ALSO IN THAT HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY TERMINAL WHERE THE ARBITER GETS HELD DOWN ON THE GROUND BY THIS SO CALLED “SPARTAN 3” HIS ARMOR LOOKS JUST LIKE A SPARTAN 4S ARMOR!!!

I HATE YOU SO BAD FOR THIS 343!!!

5. THE ARMOR!!! the armor in halo 4 and ever since have looked horrible and bulky and looks like are from a rubbish sci-fi movie
it looks ugly and most of the visor shapes are the same with the ugly pattern on them.
they also messed up some classic armor types by a extreme long shot… for example the mark vi armor looks so bad I could be sick… the visor pattern and shape was messed up by a long shot!

I have nothing else to say about the armor because you guy pretty much already know how much most of us in this forum hate 343 armor sets
(personally I kind of like the scout helmet because it look just like halo 3 but It looked more like a better shape up but the back of the helmet doesn’t look that good still)
343 I hope you put some major changes to you halo games in the future because I might stop playing halo if the franchise carries on…
(Or I will call Frank’o Connor “CRANKE OOOO FONORRRR!” (He’s a character from one Arbiter 617’s machinimas :3)

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

And halo fans continue to be the wrost type of unreasonable fans.

> 2533274964874146;3:
> Well the beta is focusing on the gameplay mechanics. armor customization isn’t a priority for the beta plus they have said they haven’t finished the armor in the beta.

You can’t speak logically on these forums. This is a place to be outraged about something that is clearly defined as a work in progress.

That being said, you are absolutely correct. There was no reason for 343 to have complete armor customization ready for the Beta, or even the final armor textures for that matter. If your biggest concern about Halo 5 is how cool your spartan is going to look while he’s running around in multiplayer (that you won’t even be able to see unless your watching your death cam or in a vehicle) you should probably just stop playing right now.

Way to bump a 2 month old thread with an all bold response that adds nothing to the discussion.

Personally I think the armor in Halo 5 is already looking better than Halo 4. It’s a lot less busy / cartoony and ridiculous, and obviously it was only a taste of how we’ll be able to customize Spartans in the final game. I do agree that Reach had the best armor customization in the series.