Armor Selection in Halo 4

Should Halo 4 have an extensive armory like in Reach, or a limited selection like in the past games? Should there be a credits system for buying armor?

Personally, while I don’t mind the large selection in Reach, I would much rather unlock armor through achievements or special criteria like in Halo 3, than through credits like in Reach, even if there is less armor. It is just much more personally gratifying.

What do you guys think?

I think they should put a mixture of armor unlocking of Halo 3 and Reachs system.

I wouldn’t mind a lot of armor pieces.
I preferably liked solid colors, that means I didn’t enjoy the armor being weathered, also no credit systems. I want armor to be earned through achievements, weather or not people boost again, I don’t care.

I’d like to cut the fat. We don’t need an extensive list of armour. We all know that only a fraction will actually be worn by players.

I think that armor sets should be reintroduced.

You know, like Scout helmet, chest, shoulders, wrists, knees, etc.

And you should be able to mix and match them like in Halo 3. Of course, this time, we’ll have a lot more options.

> I’d like to cut the fat. We don’t need an extensive list of armour. We all know that only a fraction will actually be worn by players.

You think so? I see every piece of armour in Reach being used. Sure, some are more popular than others, but if we can have more options then why not?

The armoury should be extensive like in Reach, though with a few more options and selections. However, there should also be a variety of ways to unlock armour rather than just through achievements or credits. You should get some for achievements, yes, but others through rank or Waypoint as well.

I loved reach’s huge armory selection, because i usually stick with my favorite helmet (ODST) but change the rest of my armor whenever i see something i like.I also like the credit system BUT id like to see something like H3’s system where you had to do special tasks to gain other armor. This would make it more challenging to get armor and make the game funner overall. If halo 4 doesnt have a huge armor collection i wont be too disappointed but that would take out the communities variety and get rid of peoples “styles”

> > I’d like to cut the fat. We don’t need an extensive list of armour. We all know that only a fraction will actually be worn by players.
>
> You think so? I see every piece of armour in Reach being used. Sure, some are more popular than others, but if we can have more options then <mark>why not?</mark>
>
> The armoury should be extensive like in Reach, though with a few more options and selections. However, there should also be a variety of ways to unlock armour rather than just through achievements or credits. You should get some for achievements, yes, but others through rank or Waypoint as well.

Because it takes up a lot of time, resources and disc space that would have better use by polish and protection of features that are in danger of being cut.

Extensive Halo Reach like Armory pile, Massive pile o’ hat…I mean, Helmets. I strongly prefer the Reach system for Armor over Halo 3’s. I found grinding for Achievements dull overall and it got very annoying trying to get one specific gameype in a Ranked Playlist just to get an Elite armor piece. Earning armor just for playing the game is the way to go, i’d rather not grind for them.

Reach’s armory is the way of Halo’s future. What’s not to like about more customization choices. I’d for one love to see each helmet get it’s own unique attachments. Maybe even a ‘weathering option’ so you could have that full color look, or a used weathered armor piece.

> > > I’d like to cut the fat. We don’t need an extensive list of armour. We all know that only a fraction will actually be worn by players.
> >
> > You think so? I see every piece of armour in Reach being used. Sure, some are more popular than others, but if we can have more options then <mark>why not?</mark>
> >
> > The armoury should be extensive like in Reach, though with a few more options and selections. However, there should also be a variety of ways to unlock armour rather than just through achievements or credits. You should get some for achievements, yes, but others through rank or Waypoint as well.
>
> Because it takes up a lot of time, resources and disc space that would have better use by polish and protection of features that are in danger of being cut.

True, but remember that the people working on the armour designs aren’t those who are working on those other features that are in need of polishing and such, since they’re only the concept artists and modelers who won’t be doing much else at this stage of the game. Most of the content should already have a final design and be modeled at this point, leaving the content concept artists (not environment artists) and many modelers with not much to do. Sure, they also need to be textured and implemented in the game, but that can be done later on when all other content is put in and visually finished and the only work left to do is balancing and bug fixing.

Don’t forget that the game could ship on two discs too, solving the problem of disc space.

I’d like an armory as big as, or even bigger, than Reach’s.
Add on top of that armors unlocked through achievements and through reaching Waypoint milestones.

Ahh, I completely forgot about waypoint milestones. :slight_smile: 343i should definitely add more of those, I thought they were executed pretty well in Reach. They just need more important armor to be available through waypoint, and they will be all set. Yet, that begs the question to be asked, what about offline players?

I’d rather have a ranking system.

I think there should be a lot of options. Maybe even add a section where you can choose how much weathering and damage your armor looks to have, like plasma scorches, bullet dents, cuts, dust, all these things.

> I think there should be a lot of options. Maybe even add a section where you can choose how much weathering and damage your armor looks to have, like plasma scorches, bullet dents, cuts, dust, all these things.

That actually sounds pretty cool. I also had this odd idea but what about when it comes to the weight of the Spartan? I know it just sounds pretty weird but I just found the male spartans in Reach to be a bit too bulky while females are likely perfect in shape and stuff…[kinda]. I dont know, its just a weird thing to think of…

> Yet, that begs the question to be asked, what about offline players?

I wish companies would show more support to the offline/silver community. What bothers me is the fact that you need Gold Membership just to access Waypoint through the Xbox. Pretty ridiculous in my opinion.
I just hope Halo 4’s armory selection won’t be a complete grind fest and that there is still some chance for silver members to equip rarer pieces of armor as much as Gold members can.