Armor Permutations: Buy Them.

> Ok, then perhaps this: cR will return (separate from rank), and all armor will be able to be bought at the beginning of the game at a fixed price (10,000 cR, perhaps?). No rank requirement, no nothing. Just the option to buy what you want.

(Just for context sake for why people were orginally mad) :
I am pretty aware of the ensuing -Yoink- storm Im gonna unleash when I suggest this, but why not just make people buy armor permutations? As in with real money. When the game starts up you will have the option of choosing ONE armor set without charge, and you can choose any armor you want. Mark V, Recon, whatever. Just choose wisely. Any further armor sets will only cost 80 points (US$1) after that. I think this might lessen boosting, at least from those who boost for armor. Rank’s only motivation should be to better yourself, not to get “cool” armor. I know people are gonna be like “I dont want to have to pay for stuff” you wont, just use your free pass to choose the armor you like best. Oh, and there will be a “default armor” thats always free, so if you cant decide right away what armor you want or you are MLG, you can use that.

[deleted]

Aren’t they already starting down that road with the Champions Bundle?

> As long as they make up for it with a larger Campaign, I couldn’t care less. For everyone else though, no. People probably get tired of armour, and charging them for something that’s already on the disk, is purely evil.

Like I said, you dont have to get the armor. If you dont care, dont buy the armor. 80 points really isnt that much. Im just saying it might lessen boosting. The other option would be of course have EVERY armor unlocked at start.

[deleted]

> > > As long as they make up for it with a larger Campaign, I couldn’t care less. For everyone else though, no. People probably get tired of armour, and charging them for something that’s already on the disk, is purely evil.
> >
> > Like I said, you dont have to get the armor. If you dont care, dont buy the armor. 80 points really isnt that much. Im just saying it might lessen boosting.The other option would be of course have EVERY armor unlocked at start.
>
> Are you kidding me? People want variety. You’re basically saying that someone should pay for something that’s already on their disk, but at least they can have one additional armour set. If I pay $60 for a game, I expect everything that I paid for to be accessible on that game.
>
> This is the worst way to solve this problem. I can’t think of something that screams ‘corporate giant stomps on puny customer’ as much as your option.
>
> Edited to avoid confusion.

Ok, then perhaps this: cR will return (separate from rank), and all armor will be able to be bought at the beginning of the game at a fixed price (10,000 cR, perhaps?). No rank requirement, no nothing. Just the option to buy what you want.

[deleted]

Personally I think all armor should be unlockable in game (be it rank, commendations, achievements, etc), but the option to buy those armor sets for real money (say 40-80 points for a full set) should be available as a “shortcut”.

No. I think a lot of people were against the cR armour purchase system, and having all armour purely cR purchasable is even worse. Halo 3/4’s system through achievements/commendations gave an incentive to play the game in ways you wouldn’t have otherwise. It encouraged and challenged you to do cool -Yoink- or to even play modes you usually don’t ever even look at (they also help with bragging rights, if that’s your thing). Those act as gateways to new means of fun when you’re seemingly bored of the game. And those that are unlocked by ranking for some, provide a better impression of progression.

So, are we punishing people without money to waste on videogame add-ons even though they’ve already paid in full for the content on the disc for any reason? This is seriously a bad idea, man. Not only is that cheap, it would have no purpose other than to get more money.

If you want to stop boosting make armors unlocked through achievements that don’t involve grinding kills in MM.

> So, are we punishing people without money to waste on videogame add-ons even though they’ve already paid in full for the content on the disc for any reason? This is seriously a bad idea, man. Not only is that cheap, it would have no purpose other than to get more money.
>
> If you want to stop boosting make armors unlocked through achievements that don’t involve grinding kills in MM.

Hold on there.

I can see this working if it means we get free map DLC. If charging me for armor is what it takes for them to afford giving out free maps, I’d be all for this idea.

Otherwise, I don’t see a point in it.

> No. I think a lot of people were against the cR armour purchase system, and having all armour purely cR purchasable is even worse. Halo 3/4’s system through achievements/commendations gave an incentive to play the game in ways you wouldn’t have otherwise. It encouraged and challenged you to do cool Yoink! or to even play modes you usually don’t ever even look at (they also help with bragging rights, if that’s your thing). Those act as gateways to new means of fun when you’re seemingly bored of the game. And those that are unlocked by ranking for some, provide a better impression of progression.

Bragging rights should be the commendation/ rank itself, not armor. I dont want to have to do something i dont enjoy in order to get an armor i like. I am a casual, i like playing customs and Grifball and Action Sack. The only reason i would ever go into a normal game is because it may be the only way to rank up. I dont enjoy CTF, I dont enjoy Slayer (because i feel guilty being a liability). I do enjoy firefight and spartan ops.

Not only that but in the case of Halo 3 where you had to get an multiplayer achievement to get an armor, well, lets take one for example: Steppin Razor. My problem wasnt only trying to get the triple kill, but to even get a map that even had a sword was hard. And now because of Halo 3’s abysmal population, its impossible.

> So, are we punishing people without money to waste on videogame add-ons even though they’ve already paid in full for the content on the disc for any reason? This is seriously a bad idea, man. Not only is that cheap, it would have no purpose other than to get more money.
>
> If you want to stop boosting make armors unlocked through achievements that don’t involve grinding kills in MM.

If you had looked i had changed it to a cR idea.

> > No. I think a lot of people were against the cR armour purchase system, and having all armour purely cR purchasable is even worse. Halo 3/4’s system through achievements/commendations gave an incentive to play the game in ways you wouldn’t have otherwise. It encouraged and challenged you to do cool Yoink! or to even play modes you usually don’t ever even look at (they also help with bragging rights, if that’s your thing). Those act as gateways to new means of fun when you’re seemingly bored of the game. And those that are unlocked by ranking for some, provide a better impression of progression.
>
> Bragging rights should be the commendation/ rank itself, not armor. I dont want to have to do something i dont enjoy in order to get an armor i like. I am a casual, i like playing customs and Grifball and Action Sack. The only reason i would ever go into a normal game is because it may be the only way to rank up. I dont enjoy CTF, I dont enjoy Slayer (because i feel guilty being a liability). I do enjoy firefight and spartan ops.

What about people who have Weapon Master (just as an example)? Nobody’s going to look up the Service Record of some random. But if they see that he’s got certain armor, you might know immediately that he took the time to Master every weapon in the game and wants to be recognized for it. Honestly, I think the way they’ve got it now is just fine. If people don’t boost for armor, they’ll likely boost for something else anyways.

I say keep it the way it is. It’s fun trying to complete my armory.

> <mark>Bragging rights should be the commendation/ rank itself</mark>, not armor. I dont want to have to do something i dont enjoy in order to get an armor i like. I am a casual, i like playing customs and Grifball and Action Sack. The only reason i would ever go into a normal game is because it may be the only way to rank up. I dont enjoy CTF, I dont enjoy Slayer (because i feel guilty being a liability). I do enjoy firefight and spartan ops.
>
> Not only that but in the case of Halo 3 where you had to get an multiplayer achievement to get an armor, well, lets take one for example: Steppin Razor. My problem wasnt only trying to get the triple kill, but to even get a map that even had a sword was hard. And now because of Halo 3’s abysmal population, its impossible.

No one can see your commendations. What is the point of completing a commendation unless you can visibly show it? You are a player who would not ordinarily achieve armor via commendations or rank because you would rather play good ol customs or Spartan ops. Pardon me if I am wrong here, but it seems like you are trying to find a solution so everyone can have access to armors.

By making them micro transactions that basically takes armor away from everyone which is not cool. Using Cr to purchase armor will just lead to people grinding to get Cr to buy all the armors and that’s not fun either.

A better solution would be to make armor much easier to unlock via achievements, campaign,(easier)commendations, and events hosted by 343i. Halo 4 already does a lot of that, except the commendation part. Some are just plain ludicrous and can only be done via boosting.

I’d just like a few armours that look good with lots of customization and one piece that is hard to get and signifies your quality (like vidmaster challenge but more all round would be good).

No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

No.

It would be a giant step back from previous armories, there would be armors that people will never use, it would seem like a huge cash grab (and would be), it removes an element from leveling up. I always play around with my armors, as do many others, and telling me at the start to choose one will likely not end well. Everyone would look the same (because there is always one armor that looks better than the rest). It’s a terrible idea.

No.

EDIT: I would except if all the armors would be available for purchase at the start at 80 points, or through leveling up/ commendations/ achievements though I would also rather avoid that too.

> > Ok, then perhaps this: cR will return (separate from rank), and all armor will be able to be bought at the beginning of the game at a fixed price (10,000 cR, perhaps?). No rank requirement, no nothing. Just the option to buy what you want.
>
> (Just for context sake for why people were orginally mad) :
> I am pretty aware of the ensuing Yoink! storm Im gonna unleash when I suggest this, but why not just make people buy armor permutations? As in with real money. When the game starts up you will have the option of choosing ONE armor set without charge, and you can choose any armor you want. Mark V, Recon, whatever. Just choose wisely. Any further armor sets will only cost 80 points (US$1) after that. I think this might lessen boosting, at least from those who boost for armor. Rank’s only motivation should be to better yourself, not to get “cool” armor. I know people are gonna be like “I dont want to have to pay for stuff” you wont, just use your free pass to choose the armor you like best. Oh, and there will be a “default armor” thats always free, so if you cant decide right away what armor you want or you are MLG, you can use that.

As a collector I would hate this. I hate the micro-transaction in CoD for the weapon skins, I wouldn’t be happy for paying for individual armors either in the upcoming Halo game.

People need to read, I already admitted that charging real money for armor was a bad idea. And as for the commendation problem, well, maybe your top 3 commendation should appear a long with your rank on your player card? And also using armor for bragging rights would only work if people actually wore the armor. If a person did the stuff but doesnt wear the armor (because the dont like it) the bragging rights aspect of the armor would be lost.

I don’t believe in micro transactions, so no. If I pay for a game I’m entitled to everything on that disk without paying extra money.