Armor Paint Schemes

I just had an idea related to armor customization. First of all, there’s the no-brainer of adding an actual color wheel, instead of 15-or-so preselected colors (also, camouflage and carbon fiber color options would look awesome, just saying).

Now, to the main point:
I think multiple predesigned paint schemes for a Spartan’s armor, maybe 5 or so, should be available. These will not effect armor color, but determine which parts of your Spartan’s armor are painted in your chosen primary and secondary colors, forming geometric designs and decals, similar to how Mass Effect 2 had select-able material and decal schemes for armor. This would add a new level of armor customization, and since it doesn’t effect the primary color of your armor, it could add more individuality to Spartans in team-based gametypes.

So,
Good idea, or not?

By Halo 6, im expecting a full -Yoink!--my-spartan garage where you can spray paint your spartan with patterns and everything.

I want to have the actual color black in a Halo game for once, and not this pathetic grey colour.

> By Halo 6, im expecting a full -Yoink!--my-spartan garage where you can spray paint your spartan with patterns and everything.

A bit… overboard, don’t you think? I think that as long as we get a good selection of colors, and some form of color scheme variation, along with more customizable areas of a Spartan (making helmet attachments selectable for all helmets, customization of chestplates besides attachments to the default, and different armor options for the feet and legs) then it should be enough to make everyone’s character truly their own

> I want to have the actual color black in a Halo game for once, and not this pathetic grey colour.

Reach had the potential for actual vibrant color, but it was mostly toned down due to the art style Bungie was trying to achieve. Halo 4 looks to be going in the right direction, though

I wouldnt do it for my spartan. That doesnt mean that I wouldnt do it at all. I voted meh,because I like the idea,just not if I were forced into a false body of gameplay,for gameplay (no elites in mm-just waiting for custom info still)

> I want to have the actual color black in a Halo game for once, and not this pathetic grey colour.

You can have any color, as long as it’s black. -Henry Ford (made this for you :p)

> > I want to have the actual color black in a Halo game for once, and not this pathetic grey colour.
>
> You can have any color, as long as it’s black. -Henry Ford (made this for you :p)

I love the quote, but they eventually produced the Model T in colors other then black. Nice photoshop color manipulating though, could you make one in this sort of color scheme?

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/playermodel.ashx?rpis=Z-BilLEIbJ91QgHSQi9opg==

Not sure about you guys but halo: Odst had a perfect color scale for appearances, I wish they will use it for halo 4 since it had a bunch of differnt colors and different shades of colors.

> Not sure about you guys buy halo: Odst had a perfect color scale for appearances, I wish they will use it for halo 4 since it had a bunch of differnt colors and different shades of colors.

How so? A full color wheel similar to this http://realcolorwheel.com/colorwheel.htg/Real_Color_Wheel_475.jpg would allow for far greater selection

> By Halo 6, im expecting a full -Yoink!--my-spartan garage where you can spray paint your spartan with patterns and everything.

YES!!!

I made these patterns just messing around in Photoshop a while ago if you wanna check em out.

I’m all for as much customization as possible.

Animal Patterns
Basic Camos
Visor Colors
Weapon Camos

> I made these patterns just messing around in Photoshop a while ago if you wanna check em out.
>
> I’m all for as much customization as possible.
>
>
> Animal Patterns
> Basic Camos
> Visor Colors
> Weapon Camos

Wow, great job. With regards to the Animal patterns, that was exactly what I had in mind, but with the bulk of the armor being assigned to your primary color and the pattern (the tiger or zebra stripes from the beginning of the video) would be your secondary color. It could also take the form of geometric designs.

As for armor camo, I’m not sure that would be achievable as a paint scheme, due to variety of colors involved. Different camo options could be selected as an armor color, though.

As for the gun camo, I’m blown away. If halo 4 added this, I’d rejoice, simply because the BR with digital camo looks freaking sick. Despite those who would complain about 343 copying cod, I would like weapon camo additions.

These designs look so good that I want to get in on it myself. What version of photoshop did you use to make these?