Armor Pack

It would be nice if Halo Reach had an armor pack, or at least armor in a map pack. You’d still have to earn it though.

I don’t know if you’ve seen this yet, but there are pictures found on Waypoint of this helmet (ignore the one on the left). It’s definitely not GUNGNIR, and definitely not EOD. The chest piece also looks to be new, from the collar that’s visible.

Wow that looks sick o.o

People have been arguing as to whether or not it will be available to us. The general consensus (and Bungie itself) says that armor cannot be sent out as DLC. That leaves us with a few different possibilities:

1. The armor is disc-locked and is awaiting a key code to become available. This seems the most likely and logical possibility at this point.

2. The armor is a developer variant, and won’t be available to us ever. This is not very likely, because no developer would put something like that in an advertisement and not deliver. If you go to the Bungie forums, there’s a thread that has TONS of discussion on it. I suggest you educate yourself :slight_smile:

There’s no way I will pay for armor with real dough.

This week’s BWU also has a new helmet in the banner. Link

I personally would not pay for an armor pack unless there was a lot of pieces included. But I think that if 343/ Bungie would make it like if “x” amount of people buy the new map pack, they would release new armor. Or something like that. it would promote the map pack and make an incentive to buy it.

I plan on getting it. I’ll probably get enough MSP for both packs.

The one on bnet is CLEARLY the gungnir helmet. have a good look at it. It took me a second to see it.

> People have been arguing as to whether or not it will be available to us. The general consensus (and Bungie itself) says that armor cannot be sent out as DLC. That leaves us with a few different possibilities:
>
> 1) The armor is disc-locked and is awaiting a key code to become available. This seems the most likely and logical possibility at this point.
>
> 2) The armor is a developer variant, and won’t be available to us ever. This is not very likely, because no developer would put something like that in an advertisement and not deliver. If you go to the Bungie forums, there’s a thread that has TONS of discussion on it. I suggest you educate yourself :slight_smile:

Actually Bungie said they could put armor in DLC this time around.

> The one on bnet is CLEARLY the gungnir helmet. have a good look at it. It took me a second to see it.

It’s not GUNGNIR.

This is GUNGNIR. The one on B.net is a completely new helmet.

> > The one on bnet is CLEARLY the gungnir helmet. have a good look at it. It took me a second to see it.
>
> It’s not GUNGNIR.
>
> This is GUNGNIR. The one on B.net is a completely new helmet.

Erm…it IS Gugnir, just from the right side instead of front and center like your image.

> > The one on bnet is CLEARLY the gungnir helmet. have a good look at it. It took me a second to see it.
>
> It’s not GUNGNIR.
>
> This is GUNGNIR. The one on B.net is a completely new helmet.

No, the one on Bungie.net is Gungnir. Just a variant with the Hazop attachment that you unlock at a very high level (basically a cross between EOD/Gungnir). Not a new helmet, at all.

And, to the OP: Bungie CAN release new armor, but with the way the armory was made and compressed it would take a whole nine gigs of memory. You would have to download a new version, with the new armors. Or something along those lines.

Anyone consider a Waypoint update? One that would unlock this new Helmet and Chest plate? Or at least unlock it for us. Answer is probably right in front of everyone. Also it would be cool if it was a gift to the community for enough people buying the maps but then everyone who didn’t buy them would get them too I think so that would be a little unfair. I dunno, just a wait and see moment I suppose.

I like the new helmet, and I would like an armor pack too. Releasing an armor pack would just be another gross day for Bungie.

Not possible.

For all the extra CR the high ranks have they should put one out. Don’t know if it’s possible or not but it would be pretty cool if you ask me.