Armor looks way to clean and glossy

This was a big mistake for Halo 4 and now it is being done with Halo 5G.

The Spartans look as if they just got a fresh paint job and got waxed while doing so. These are soldiers. Soldiers are suppose to look like what they did in Halo Reach where the armor looked cool with scratches on them and they were not super shiny.

When I play and watch Halo 4, the Spartans are blinding to look at (literally). Its looks as if they are glowing and I find that annoying. Actually, the maps even look to glossy as if they are glowing also, this goes for the forge pieces (soo blinding).

This is a problem. It even makes the Spartans look cartoony. Go back to Halo Reach style.

They do seem too clean but the reason they are so shiny is that the new armor has dynamic lighting and reflections. because the models are being viewed in a completely white and bright area they appear much shinier then they will ever in game.

I dunno dude, I think this topic is premature. For all we know we were looking at fresh re-spawned Spartans. It’d be sweet to have that fresh wax job look as you spawn, but as you take bullets and escape fights to live on, your armor reflects this. So those people looking for Perfection’s and higher have a real war torn and battle scarred Spartan… (Damn that’s a sweet idea, how do I like my own post?)

Well considering what we saw was a work in progress I would wait to see what the later versions look like to actually judge the armor. I am hoping for ammo pouches and other cool attachments to make my Spartan (and hopefully Elite) unique.

WIP.

Work. In. Progress.

The models we saw were simply colored, and are lacking most texture mapping.

And BTW, Halo 3’s armor lookms more clean than Halo 4’s, and 4’s does’t look to me anywhere near as “glassy” or “clean” as you seem to think. But I prefer Reach’s armor detail, it made the spartans look more “experienced”.

As for CHX X8 ME’s idea, it actually sounds pretty interesting. The concept has been used in Gears of War, where you would start normally and as you took damage and survived, your character would still look injured or the armor would have some sort of damage. I would definately love the idea, as long as my initial spawn doesn’t look like a brand new armor.

I’m pretty sure they aren’t texture mapped. The undersuit lacks the detail the h4 armor had even.

> I dunno dude, I think this topic is premature. For all we know we were looking at fresh re-spawned Spartans. It’d be sweet to have that fresh wax job look as you spawn, but as you take bullets and escape fights to live on, your armor reflects this. So those people looking for Perfection’s and higher have a real war torn and battle scarred Spartan… (Damn that’s a sweet idea, how do I like my own post?)

That is a really interesting idea man. :slight_smile:

Good thing early renders aren’t the real deal, eh?

It makes sense that the Spartans look glossy and shiny with no scratches in Halo 4 because it fits the game fiction. The Spartan 4’s have a giant workshop filled with scientists and mechanics that overhaul their suits after every mission. Just like a Nascar driver drives and the pit crew works to keep the driver driving and every race it looks shiny and new.

The Spartan 2’s and 3’s from previous Halo’s however were trained how to maintain the suits in the field, they just didn’t carry any paint.

I was thinking though it would be great to bring back the Armor effects from reach and add two versions of a scuffed armor look. One you could unlock close to halfway to max level that is lightly scuffed like H2 and H3 and a really war worn skin like the Reach Spartans had when you reach the high levels.

Also I would really like the ammo packs, shotgun shells, grenade belts, knifes and katana or machete. I love having Carter’s -Yoink!- pack.

*too

Look at it like this. Its a simulator most of the time so having jagged armor wouldn’t exactly be preferred. I understand Sops and Campagin but MC was exaclty shining bright.

Well he kinda was but that doesn’t mean he didn’t have his grit.

For Crimson (2) and the Standard Spartan IV they all probably got their armor recently compared from Spartans before. The new armor also focuses o shield over plating so these guys probably take Johnson advice very seriously when their shields go out.

Utilizing cover to its fullest like any good trooper would. Considered Spartans of past generations would be used to standing up during a turret suppression fire. SIV would be used to not getting shot.

If anything Hoya and Madsen should have some bad scars on their armor from when he first saw them engaging Prometheans. I find it a bit hard to believe that Hoya got incapacitated and Madsen got a Scattershot to the chest without any armor damage.

Also didn’t Thorne get the crap beaten out of him too. So unless they have new suits i expect armor damage on them for future games. Even when Cortanan nano repaired MC’s armor he still had the gash that the brutes gave him.

> WIP.
>
> Work. In. Progress.

I have a feeling people are going to be saying this even after the game goes gold.

> Look at it like this.

Changing my paradigm on the armor doesn’t magically make the armor look more appealing.

> > WIP.
> >
> > Work. In. Progress.
>
> I have a feeling people are going to be saying this even after the game goes gold.
>
>
>
> > Look at it like this.
>
> Changing my paradigm on the armor doesn’t magically make the armor look more appealing.

And… why in your right mind would you think that?

Just because people are saying that an untextured, pre-alpha set of armor is a work in progress… because that’s exactly what it is?
343i are making it quite clear that everything we’ve been seeing so far is a work in progress, still months older than the beta will be.

> I dunno dude, I think this topic is premature. For all we know we were looking at fresh re-spawned Spartans. It’d be sweet to have that fresh wax job look as you spawn, but as you take bullets and escape fights to live on, your armor reflects this. So those people looking for Perfection’s and higher have a real war torn and battle scarred Spartan… (Damn that’s a sweet idea, <mark>how do I like my own post?</mark>)

It can’t be done, but i will like for you.

It’d be awesome to see Spartan IV that looks even more roughed up than a Spartan III. Having survived countless battles, should give Spartans/Elites various warn down looks.

So the same goes for the Warthog driver who has assisted in 20 some kills and has yet to die.

Reach Spartans looked the best. Halo 4 (and so far, Halo 5) Spartans look like some cheap imitation Power Rangers.

Well the armour in the CGI trailer looked better than the Halo 4 models at least, and what we saw in the Guardians vidoc makes it seem like they’ve fixed the colouring, but i have to agree, that it does look too similar to Halo 4 regarding textures and shapes. In any case, it is work in progress, so i will judge once it goes gold.

> Well the armour in the CGI trailer looked better than the Halo 4 models at least, and what we saw in the Guardians vidoc makes it seem like they’ve fixed the colouring, but i have to agree, that it does <mark>look too similar to Halo 4 regarding textures and shapes</mark>. In any case, it is work in progress, so i will judge once it goes gold.

probably because they’re made by the same company.
i don’t think we’ll see armor similiar to H3/Reach again so soon.
the people from 343i got their own ideas of how a spartan-iv has to look,
so i’ll just try to get used to it.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post inappropriate comments.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

the reason they looked bad in halo 4 was because the team colors had downsydrome,
red and blue in the custum colors looked fine. the team ones were like chalk color

They look like the Halo 3 spartans in the fact they are colourful and shiny. I like this, it’s part of Halo’s light hearted colourful art style.

The Halo 5 spartans look like cars (from GTA V or Forza 5) because they are so shiny and reflective. Thats a good thing.

> the reason they looked bad in halo 4 was because the team colors had downsydrome,

Oh my god, your comment is so funny xD
Of all the words in the english language to use, you chose that?! xD

Anyway I thought the colours of the spartans in Halo 4 looked bad, but the Halo 5 spartans colours look sharp, strong, and shiny. I love it.