Armor Lock Yes or No

Ever since reach began, one thing was always there to put me in a bad mood. Armor lock, the use Bungie thought it would before didn’t turn out as the hoped. Some call it strategy, I call it not a fair fight. instead use sprint to run. The only time it should be used it for if you are getting shot by a rocket, not if someone is about to pummel you. That is why I decided to see if the community pro or con in the armor lock debate. So what will it be yes to armor lock, or no.

P.S. I know we can’t do anything about it. So before people hate, this is only a simple survey.

I message people all the time who I can tell think they’re good and then use armour lock. It’s ridiculous how lame you need to be to use something that makes you invincable just because you’re getting beat in DMR fight. It’s something that should of never been implemented in the game. Total -Yoink- in my opinion and was largely responsible for the downfall of Halo with Reach.

Armor Lock will not be in Halo 4, thank goodness.

Thank the gods Armour lock is not returning in Halo 4. We have the super awesome Hardlight Shield to replace the abomination

> Armor Lock will not be in Halo 4, thank goodness.

Hopefully jetpack will also not be in MM in Halo 4

Stop making annoying threads like these. I think it’s fair t say we all hate AL. But, it won’t be in Halo 4 and they’re not taking it out of Reach, so stop moaning.

armour lock is not bad by itself. Its when you have a team of 4 using it that things get annoying.

> armour lock is not bad by itself. Its when you have a team of 4 using it that things get annoying.

^This. However, I will admit that some of the most fun matches I’ve played in Reach happen when everybody uses AL.

Wasn’t really bothered by it.glad it’s not in halo 4 thou.

Armor lock is the cheapest, most game breaking, annoying and easily the worst idea ever installed in a Halo game. All it does is slow down gameplay and creates very unfair or “noobish” advantages.

I like it in TU because it is literally the only way to counter the mininuke spam since Evade was removed. Otherwise, it completely ruins close quarters combat, wrecks vehicle combat, and [in Vanilla] makes Sticky Grenades worthless.

No. But I do like when Sitri and Plunderfull are on my team and use it. =)

The only time it REALLY bothers me is when someone locks down when they literally have no chance at survival. i.e. Their entire team is on the other side of the map and I’m looking at them with a rocket launcher, far enough out of EMP range. That’s pointless to me.

I’d much rather see AL return in Halo 4 than Camo. Temporary invincibility sucks but it can countered just by not getting so close to it, but Camo though is different monster entirely. It messes with your radar and you can’t see your opponent is complete -Yoink-.

> I’d much rather see AL return in Halo 4 than Camo. Temporary invincibility sucks but it can countered just by not getting so close to it, but Camo though is different monster entirely. It messes with your radar and you can’t see your opponent is complete -Yoink!-.

If Armor was in Halo 4, I couldn’t buy it.

What?How come nobody likes AL?

No, seriously, it’s just another part of reach’s MP that only has it’s place in invasion, imo.

> What?How come nobody likes AL?
>
> No, seriously, it’s just another part of reach’s MP that only has it’s place in invasion, imo.

There are people that like Armor Lock. They just don’t make threads every 5 days about how they hate the other AAs. These threads come every couple of days. It’s been way past old.

I think armor lock is completely outrageous. The pure concept of temporary invincibility in a matchmaking game is absurd. I’m really sick of running into it when I’m trying to get what was originally going to be an easy kill.

I really think armor lockup should just go away. Except in BTB where it can actually live it’s intended use; anti-vehicle. Otherwise it just denies you the kill you should have had. It also makes those sticky grenade challenges ridiculous to get. I have to go play some screwed up TU slayer gametype to get those challenges.

> The only time it REALLY bothers me is when someone locks down when they literally have no chance at survival. i.e. Their entire team is on the other side of the map and I’m looking at them with a rocket launcher, far enough out of EMP range. That’s pointless to me.

Precisely. Using it to blow up a vehicle or avoid getting blown up by a rocket? I’m fine with that (even though it sucks when you’re on the other end). But when all they’re doing is delaying the inevitable? I do get a little frustrated.