Armor Lock is Cheating.

It’s so unfair it’s downright hilarious. After playing Team Slayer yesterday for the 50,000cR jackpot, I realized I completely forgot about Armor Lock abuse. Really? You’re one shot and suddenly you’re an invincible rock while you wait for your teammates to help you? Oh, or you turn into a rock beat me down wait for me to swing back come out of rock beat me down again.

How was this ever considered a “fair/balanced/good for MM” idea?

Was great to be reminded of just how unbalanced Vanilla Reach is. After the Mega Jackpot is over and TU wins Team Slayer I will be right back in ANY playlist that DOESN’T have this loadout.

-poppin

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

I haven’t seen one Vanilla player come on these forums and complain about Armour Lock since the Title Update playlists were added and stuff.

If people want a nerfed armour lock, they can head over to TU Playlists and play it.

> After the Mega Jackpot is over and TU wins Team Slayer I will be right back in ANY playlist that DOESN’T have this loadout.
>
> -poppin

So, you aren’t even going to play TS after the voting period, yet you feel you should vote on whether the playlist should be TU or Vanilla? This is why I’m not OK with the jackpot running concurrently in TS with the voting, it draws in players who wouldn’t normally be playing TS and thus really shouldn’t be having a say in whether or not it gets the TU.

Not to mention the voting system is completely out of whack and statistically worthless…

> It’s so unfair it’s downright hilarious. After playing Team Slayer yesterday for the 50,000cR jackpot, I realized I completely forgot about Armor Lock abuse. Really? You’re one shot and suddenly you’re an invincible rock while you wait for your teammates to help you? Oh, or you turn into a rock beat me down wait for me to swing back come out of rock beat me down again.
>
> How was this ever considered a “fair/balanced/good for MM” idea?
>
> Was great to be reminded of just how unbalanced Vanilla Reach is. After the Mega Jackpot is over and TU wins Team Slayer I will be right back in ANY playlist that DOESN’T have this loadout.
>
> -poppin

So, when you see someone go into armor lock…you decide to try and just beat them down? How about…stand back, wait for them to come out? The point of armor lock is that if they have teammates nearby to help, then yes, it saved them. But to hate on it for that is crazy. Same could be said for Sprint. People can sprint away from you, saving their own neck, and have teammates ready to take you down.

If you want to play a play list for the immense jackpot, then don’t ***** about stuff that happens in said playlist.

> I haven’t seen one Vanilla player come on these forums and complain about Armour Lock since the Title Update playlists were added and stuff.
>
> If people want a nerfed armour lock, they can head over to TU Playlists and play it.

Of course you haven’t they’re too busy exploiting their ‘in-game pause button’ to want to acknowledge armours locks brokeness. All the vanilla kid’s complain about Armour lock being nerfed in the TU settings because it’s more balanced but either way it’s a complete joke. It’s just like pre-bleed through melees because extra shields could have been taken down by another player but the melee equalizes the fight by dropping both their shields instead of rewarding the other player…

In any FPS you SHOULD NOT be given a ‘second chance’ by becoming temporarily invincible. It’s not conducive to a fun or fast-paced game because you have to anticipate the other player essentially pausing the game mid-fight so that he can survive while you’re left stranded waiting for him to come out of it. On top of that most times AL only serves to delay the players death which is annoying as well if you’ve already ousted the player but now have to wait 10 seconds for him to come out of his limited invincibility to finish him off, even though you technically already would have killed him.

The only time a minor form of invincibility should be available is upon a pick-up of let’s say ‘custom’ in mlg or ‘overshield’ in Halo 3. Any other form where you don’t have to fight for it as you would a power weapon takes the skill out of obtaining it and using it because one should not have to anticipate that every time he fights someone that he ‘could’ become invicible mid-fight leaving them a sitting duck.

Armour Lock:
Casual Environment: Fine but still frustrating. (Let the kid’s have their exploits…)
Competitive Environment: Hell no, keep that trash out of Arena.

> Same could be said for Sprint. People can sprint away from you, saving their own neck, and have teammates ready to take you down.
>
> If you want to play a play list for the immense jackpot, then don’t ***** about stuff that happens in said playlist.

If while you’re “Sprinting” you were “INCINCIBLE” then yes, you would be correct.

> > Same could be said for Sprint. People can sprint away from you, saving their own neck, and have teammates ready to take you down.
> >
> > If you want to play a play list for the immense jackpot, then don’t ***** about stuff that happens in said playlist.
>
> If while you’re “Sprinting” you were “INCINCIBLE” then yes, you would be correct.

Loled at that response. Epic answer dude.

The reason sprint isn’t broken is because it doesn’t ‘halt’ gameplay and it’s not entirely different from default gameplay. AL, AC, and JP all break the default gameplay in this manner:

Armour Lock: In-game pause button, rewards bad players and slows gameplay.
Active Camo: Invisiblity, rewards camping rather than actually engaging in a fight. Once again this slows down gameplay.
Jet Pack: Breaks map control, exploit soft-kill zones, ignore boundaries meant to make you fight for map control…

> > I haven’t seen one Vanilla player come on these forums and complain about Armour Lock since the Title Update playlists were added and stuff.
> >
> > If people want a nerfed armour lock, they can head over to TU Playlists and play it.
>
> Of course you haven’t they’re too busy exploiting their ‘in-game pause button’ to want to acknowledge armours locks brokeness. All the vanilla kid’s complain about Armour lock being nerfed in the TU settings because it’s more balanced but either way it’s a complete joke. It’s just like pre-bleed through melees because extra shields could have been taken down by another player but the melee equalizes the fight by dropping both their shields instead of rewarding the other player…
>
> In any FPS you SHOULD NOT be given a ‘second chance’ by becoming temporarily invincible. It’s not conducive to a fun or fast-paced game because you have to anticipate the other player essentially pausing the game mid-fight so that he can survive while you’re left stranded waiting for him to come out of it. On top of that most times AL only serves to delay the players death which is annoying as well if you’ve already ousted the player but now have to wait 10 seconds for him to come out of his limited invincibility to finish him off, even though you technically already would have killed him.
>
> The only time a minor form of invincibility should be available is upon a pick-up of let’s say ‘custom’ in mlg or ‘overshield’ in Halo 3. Any other form where you don’t have to fight for it as you would a power weapon takes the skill out of obtaining it and using it because one should not have to anticipate that every time he fights someone that he ‘could’ become invicible mid-fight leaving them a sitting duck.
>
> Armour Lock:
> Casual Environment: Fine but still frustrating. (Let the kid’s have their exploits…)
> Competitive Environment: Hell no, keep that trash out of Arena.

Point taken.

These attitudes are why MLG is so boring to watch Reach was designed as prequel not a copy of Halo 3 but they still tried to make it halo 3 they did the same with H3 and H2 MLG can not be trusted with new games they have shown twice now how unwilling to accept change they are.

Don’t get me wrong I am not blaming MLG themselves just their community(s)

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members, or purposely bypass the word filter.

>

That’s because MLG rules/settings should be the most FAIR/COMPETITIVE settings possible. Throwing in powerups/AA’s ruins what makes Halo great, and that is EVERYONE starting with the same weapons, fighting over power weapons, on an EQUAL map. Red vs. Blue.

> These attitudes are why MLG is so boring to watch Reach )

No, 1,000 pound Spartans who can’t jump, move quickly, or shoot quickly is why Reach MLG failed.

> > It’s so unfair it’s downright hilarious. After playing Team Slayer yesterday for the 50,000cR jackpot, I realized I completely forgot about Armor Lock abuse. Really? You’re one shot and suddenly you’re an invincible rock while you wait for your teammates to help you? Oh, or you turn into a rock beat me down wait for me to swing back come out of rock beat me down again.
> >
> > How was this ever considered a “fair/balanced/good for MM” idea?
> >
> > Was great to be reminded of just how unbalanced Vanilla Reach is. After the Mega Jackpot is over and TU wins Team Slayer I will be right back in ANY playlist that DOESN’T have this loadout.
> >
> > -poppin
>
> So, when you see someone go into armor lock…you decide to try and just beat them down? How about…stand back, wait for them to come out? The point of armor lock is that if they have teammates nearby to help, then yes, it saved them. But to hate on it for that is crazy. Same could be said for Sprint. People can sprint away from you, saving their own neck, and have teammates ready to take you down.
>
> If you want to play a play list for the immense jackpot, then don’t ***** about stuff that happens in said playlist.

People make me laugh. I’ve countered AL so many different ways it’s ridiculous. People just have a habit of not admitting they fall for the same shenanigans all the time or they have no patience.

I personally like to look like I’m going to punch the person and when they come out of AL, I back off and punch, pistol, punch. Works 80% of the time.

>

MLG in Halo: Reach to start off was a piss-poor excuse for competitive with AAs and Bloom, over the past few days I have read topics and topics on this matter and the reason MLG don’t use AAs off spawn is because it simply sucks, it doesn’t speed up gameplay with increased movement, it slows it down when players run off from a battle.

Halo 3 was simply a LOT more competitive than Reach, I would try to recreate it if I was like MLG, I would want my events to be successful and to be interesting for all.

There is no denying that Reach isn’t the BEST game for competitive Halo but MLG try to make it interesting to watch with the constant gametype changes, same goes for Halo 3.

No thats because MLG players over invest in every game and have genuine, identifiable psychological, reaction every time the littlest thing changes 10 0000 hours in on THE BR? then a change comes along and you have to almost start over, that make otherwise sane folk do and say the strangest things
Their settings are not the most fair they are the most stripped down unimaginative version of Reach because some really do wish it was still halo 2

I swear here and now MLG have got to stop pandering to the “spectrum” crowd and start making some positive moves there was so much in Reach that was immediately rejected I am not surprised it has gone this way its so so narrow minded. The game seems to controlled by a small group of old school players who fear being made irrelevant and will risk running Halo into the ground to stop it. So selfish So short sighted and quite delusional

Dont get caught up in that stuff Reach is fun and competitive and skillfull.

Well then moa they probably should have stuck with H3 instead of ruining reach.

> I swear here and now MLG have got to stop pandering to “spectrum” crowd and start making some positive moves there was so much in Reach that was immediately rejected I am not surprised it has gone this way its so so narrow minded. <mark>The game seems to controlled by a small group of old school players who fear being made irrelevant and will to risk running Halo into the ground to stop it. So selfish So short sighted and quite delusional</mark>
>
> Dont get caught up in that stuff Reach is fun and competitive and skillfull.

I could only agree more. It amazes me about how many people act like they had their heart ripped out by a cheating lover b/c the dev is trying to cater to everyone instead of just the “true” fans tantrums. Every thread read like that, just causes the ear to ear to grow ever wider.

> No thats because MLG players over invest in every game and have genuine, identifiable psychological, reaction every time the littlest thing changes 10 0000 hours in on THE BR? then a change comes along and you have to almost start over, that make otherwise sane folk do and say the strangest things
> Their settings are not the most fair they are the most stripped down unimaginative version of Reach because some really do wish it was still halo 2
>
>
> I swear here and now MLG have got to stop pandering to the “spectrum” crowd and start making some positive moves there was so much in Reach that was immediately rejected I am not surprised it has gone this way its so so narrow minded. The game seems to controlled by a small group of old school players who fear being made irrelevant and will risk running Halo into the ground to stop it. So selfish So short sighted and quite delusional
>
> Dont get caught up in that stuff Reach is fun and competitive and skillfull.

It just turns out all the stuff added in Reach is a bunch of gimmicky bs that can be abused way too easily. These people are playing for thousands of dollars. When that type of money is on the line, you want the most raw and skillful gameplay possible. I could write an essay as to why certain things were removed from Halo 3 and Reach. You’d just going to disregard it all anyway, and proceed to call me a fanboy, anyway.

In short, MLG makes maps/gametypes with the most skillful and least-redundant weapons and powerups.

> It’s so unfair it’s downright hilarious. After playing Team Slayer yesterday for the 50,000cR jackpot, I realized I completely forgot about Armor Lock abuse. Really? You’re one shot and suddenly you’re an invincible rock while you wait for your teammates to help you? Oh, or you turn into a rock beat me down wait for me to swing back come out of rock beat me down again.
>
> How was this ever considered a “fair/balanced/good for MM” idea?
>
> Was great to be reminded of just how unbalanced Vanilla Reach is. After the Mega Jackpot is over and TU wins Team Slayer I will be right back in ANY playlist that DOESN’T have this loadout.
>
> -poppin

Praying Armor Hack (lock) is removed from all future halo games.