Armor Lock in Matchmaking

I think we all can agree that we don’t like armor lock. I hate playing Team Slayer or Super Slayer because armor lock is in both playlists. I hate having a 1v1 battle with someone and I’m about to kill them then they go into armor lock then their teammate comes in and kills me because I was low shields from the guy in armor lock. I wish 343i would take out armor lock from both playlists or at least Super Slayer. Super Slayer is just Team Slayer but title updated. When Halo Reach had Squad Slayer that’s all I played because it didn’t have armor lock. 343i please take out armor lock from the playlists!

I, too, miss Squad Slayer. Back when I didn’t have to play atrocious community maps and deal with Armor Lock.
I have fallen in love with Objective, though. Since there is both of those points, plus no Jetpack.

> I, too, miss Squad Slayer. Back when I didn’t have to play atrocious community maps and deal with Armor Lock.
> I have fallen in love with Objective, though. Since there is both of those points, plus no Jetpack.

Squad Slayer-good
Armor Lock-bad
Community Maps-better than Sword Base

> > I, too, miss Squad Slayer. Back when I didn’t have to play atrocious community maps and deal with Armor Lock.
> > I have fallen in love with Objective, though. Since there is both of those points, plus no Jetpack.
>
> Squad Slayer-good
> Armor Lock-bad
> Community Maps-better than Sword Base

Sword Base is at least an easy victory if I’m red. Pulse, Imago, and Midas are just no.

> > > I, too, miss Squad Slayer. Back when I didn’t have to play atrocious community maps and deal with Armor Lock.
> > > I have fallen in love with Objective, though. Since there is both of those points, plus no Jetpack.
> >
> > Squad Slayer-good
> > Armor Lock-bad
> > Community Maps-better than Sword Base
>
> Sword Base is at least an easy victory if I’m red. Pulse, Imago, and Midas are just no.

Imago is good, the others are just OK. I’m talking stuff like Select, Kingdom, Synapse, Unconquered, Refuge, and so on. At any rate, there are few that are quite as terrible as the on-disk crap.

I hate when I have out maneuvered and out shot someone with sprint and they take off like a cheetah around a corner leaving me in the dust and without the kill I almost had. After something like that happens I am tempted to come on Waypoint and post raging threads about how they ran like chickens and its unfair that I did not get the kill.

Then I remember that this is Reach and each player can choose their advantage and that includes mobile superiority and I dont want to embarrass myself by throwing a tantrum.

Welcome to Waypoint.

There’s plenty of times I’ve got frustrated over amourlock one of the worst being a deflected plasma pistol shot D:
However I avoid 4vs4 playlists with vanilla armourlock like it’s the plague because it’s not something I typically enjoy.

I mayaswell post something i wrote a while ago in my notes but never actually posted. Its a bit ragey but i cba to clean it up now.

> The downside to being invincible is that you cannot move or shoot. People always seem to conveniently forget this. People making good use of AL dont just sit down for seven seconds at the first sign of trouble, they use it tactically, like it should be used.
>
> 99% of the time, people who just hold onto AL in any situation are merely delaying the inevitable, and are wasting their own time as well as yours, time they could be using to spawn faster and get back to the killing. Using the full AL time also hands knowledge of when you pop out over to the enemy, who is just gonna drop a grenade waiting for you at the end of that 7 seconds. So this purported huge benefit to just holding down AL all the time is actually very slim indeed. He basically has to hope that his team knows or cares enough to come and back him up which is actually quite rare. Using armour lock in this fashion is probably MORE likely to get you killed than less, and rightly so.
>
> Now if that team backup happens all the time, then what you have infront of you is a team playing tactically as a team, and theres nothing wrong with that. Its a nice little tactic to roll out 2 by 2 with the lockers infront, soak up some damage then lock so the back two can clean up. Nothing but tactics.
>
> The problem is with the prevalence of idiots who lock down the full period for no good reason. Logic dictates that they would have learned by now that it is pointless, but the halo community is not exactly known for its logic.

One would have hoped that kids would have learnt by now that AL for no reason hurts them more than it hurts me for the reasons given above, but a lot of them didnt. I just have to wait a bit for a free kill when the come out.

Its still annoying though.

>

Fail to mention that you hardly see people using AL.

Everyone cried buckets about the Retro and the Sawed Off in Gears 3.

Know what everyone uses? Gnasher.

Epic even backed it up by looking at their data logs.

> >
>
> Fail to mention that you hardly see people using AL.
>
> Everyone cried buckets about the Retro and the Sawed Off in Gears 3.
>
> Know what everyone uses? Gnasher.
>
> Epic even backed it up by looking at their data logs.

I’ve already mentioned my thoughts on the shotguns in Gears 3 somewhere on this forum, but the cries of OP was delicious coming from the Gnasher users :slight_smile:

> I, too, miss Squad Slayer. Back when I didn’t have to play atrocious community maps and deal with Armor Lock.
> I have fallen in love with Objective, though. Since there is both of those points, plus no Jetpack.

This^ Squad with bleed was hands down the most fun I’ve ever had on Reach.

I think they should remove AL from Super Slayer, but whatever. This game has about 5 months of life left.

> > I, too, miss Squad Slayer. Back when I didn’t have to play atrocious community maps and deal with Armor Lock.
> > I have fallen in love with Objective, though. Since there is both of those points, plus no Jetpack.
>
> This^ Squad with bleed was hands down the most fun I’ve ever had on Reach.
>
> I think they should remove AL from Super Slayer, but whatever. This game has about 5 months of life left.

I’m not going to worry about it too much. The new Battlefield DLC comes out in August, Team Fortress is still getting loads of updates, and there are a lot of objective maps to laugh at.

Does it matter? HAlo reach is a crappy game to begin with.it has a lower gamer population than black ops or mw2 on a good day… Once halo 4 comes out it should be better but reachs matching making sucks halo 3s was way better

> Does it matter? HAlo reach is a crappy game to begin with.it has a lower gamer population than black ops or mw2 on a good day… Once halo 4 comes out it should be better but reachs matching making sucks halo 3s was way better

agreed. been playin H3 lately anyways.

> Does it matter? HAlo reach is a crappy game to begin with.it has a lower gamer population than black ops or mw2 on a good day… Once halo 4 comes out it should be better but reachs matching making sucks halo 3s was way better

agreed. been playin h3 lately anywayz.

Yeah. Halo Reach is the crappiest game ever! It only pulls hundreds of thousands of people over a 24 hour period just like Halo 3 did.

It is an utter disgrace to the Halo franchise because it added things like Armor Abilities and Bloom. There’s also Invasion, which is totally casual because you spawn with Automatic weapons. Not only that, it also actually has a good netcode and an Active Roster. WTF is up with that!?!?

The game is extremely slow-paced, and I can’t just look at someone and kill instantly!

(Did I get all the complaints? Wish I could make post like Plunderfull)

EDIT: I’m being a bit sarcastic, don’t take this too seriously.

> Yeah. Halo Reach is the crappiest game ever!
> Crappiest HALO game ever
>
> It only pulls hundreds of thousands of people over a 24 hour period just like Halo 3 did.
> FALSE
>
> It is an utter disgrace to the Halo franchise because it added things like Armor Abilities and Bloom.
> TRUE
>
> There’s also Invasion, which is totally casual because you spawn with Automatic weapons.
> FALSE
>
> Not only that, it also actually has a good netcode and an Active Roster. WTF is up with that!?!?
> BAD GAME + GOOD NETCODE = BAD GAME
>
> The game is extremely slow-paced,
> TRUE
>
> and I can’t just look at someone and kill instantly!
> NEVER COULD ANYWAY

I used to overuse armor lock in team slayer but that was awhile back now I don’t even bother to use it anymore unless some people decide to use rockets. I just use sprint, hologram, or sometimes jetpack.

Armor Lock doesn’t belong in Halo at all. But, since they insist on it being in the game, it should only be in Invasion and BTB. Ya know, the only playlists that have a lot of vehicles, and have large teams. Keep that crap out of smaller games.

I truly hate when people say Reach sucks… It overall is a better game than H3 although H3 was good, the only thing wrong about Reach is the MM searching. And the thing about it barely having player playing is totally wrong…