Armor Lock in Halo 4

I think that the main reason people Yoink! about armor lock is that the armor locker pauses the game and gains an unfair advantage over the armor lock-ee. There is a very simple way to fix this:

MAKE THE PLAYER AUTOMATICALLY LEAVE ARMOR LOCK AFTER ONE SECOND.

Therefore, people who enjoy AL occasionally will still have some benefits such as: Protection from boosting vehicles, EMP-ing vehicles, stopping explosives, protection from a single bullet/sword lunge etc. but the AL wouldn’t last so long and break the flow of the game. If the person deserved the kill, they’d still get it. No pause button. No cop out while your friends come in to your rescue. Sound good?

tl;dr–make armor lock last one second so it can block things momentarily; not pause the game.

It just needs to be gone, to avoid more rage at the next halo game. If it hadn’t been such a terrible, terrible, flop in reach, AAs should be in halo 4. But they are and they should be gone

> It just needs to be gone, to avoid more rage at the next halo game. If it hadn’t been such a terrible, terrible, flop in reach, AAs should be in halo 4. But they are and they should be gone

QFT! Halo 4 should be completely different than Reach. If we just recycle the same game again, it’ll just get stale and boring.

Halo 4 will be its own game, for sure, but if AL were to ever return, it should be like what I stated above.

will you trolls never rest they have already nerfed armor lock. you cant melee as you go into it, it slows your sensitivity when you come out, the glassing effect has been reduced to where you have to be in armor lock the whole time, it takes some health away, it is not an instant effect as you have to be crouched for it to work, its radius for glassing has been decreased. And just throw a nade at them when there about to come out honestly it wont recharge there sheilds unless they are timeing it right.Tl:dr armor lock got nerfed enough and your bad if you cant fight it get over it.

> > It just needs to be gone, to avoid more rage at the next halo game. If it hadn’t been such a terrible, terrible, flop in reach, AAs should be in halo 4. But they are and they should be gone
>
> QFT! Halo 4 should be completely different than Reach. If we just recycle the same game again, it’ll just get stale and boring.

ohh is that why you people want halo 3 again because reuseing reach gets stale and boring but reuseing halo 3 is not?

how bout this,

no armor abilities in Halo 4

> > > It just needs to be gone, to avoid more rage at the next halo game. If it hadn’t been such a terrible, terrible, flop in reach, AAs should be in halo 4. But they are and they should be gone
> >
> > QFT! Halo 4 should be completely different than Reach. If we just recycle the same game again, it’ll just get stale and boring.
>
> ohh is that why you people want halo 3 again because reuseing reach gets stale and boring but reuseing halo 3 is not?

Can you stop BS’ing and who said that I want a Halo 3 again? Did I even mention Halo 3 in my previous post? Go relearn comprehension in an english class you goof.

I’ve wanted to say this for a long time. Reach does not = Halo 4. So let’s have Halo 4, not Reach 1.5. Wow, that does feel good to say =D

Armor Lock in Halo 4…

Thats just not something that should happen. Don’t need the bad memories. I can still remember the first time I ecountered armor lock. Sitting there for six seconds waiting for that guy to come out and start fighting again, thinking to myself, “Are you serious?”

Why shouldn’t we expect something closer to Halo 2 or 3? Whats wrong with that?

> I think that the main reason people Yoink! about armor lock is that the armor locker pauses the game and gains an unfair advantage over the armor lock-ee. There is a very simple way to fix this:
>
> MAKE THE PLAYER AUTOMATICALLY LEAVE ARMOR LOCK AFTER ONE SECOND.
>
> Therefore, people who enjoy AL occasionally will still have some benefits such as: Protection from boosting vehicles, EMP-ing vehicles, stopping explosives, protection from a single bullet/sword lunge etc. but the AL wouldn’t last so long and break the flow of the game. If the person deserved the kill, they’d still get it. No pause button. No cop out while your friends come in to your rescue. Sound good?
>
>
> tl;dr–make armor lock last one second so it can block things momentarily; not pause the game.

agreed.

also make it so you cant melee for ~1.5 seconds after you exit armor lock.

even 3 seconds of armor lock is overpowered. 1 to 2 seconds would be perfect IMO

I want to see how it will play out the way they have described first. I am no fan of AL however I am glad they didn’t just scrap it. I am not saying to throw it back in Arena or anything but it I think it’ll be interesting to see in action.

(OK I admit it a big part of me just wants to stick a guy watch him go into AL and die…so sue me…lol…This isn’t the only reason though but it will be sweet when it happens)