Armor Lock Gone?

Forgive me if I missed this answer already. I’m not very active on the forums. Did the whiners win? Did armor lock get the boot? What are the known AA for Halo 4? I simply have not heard. Saw that pretty sweet light shield, looks legit. Thanks in advance and I look forward to the terrible things I will do to you all online! (And you to me)

armor lock is gone, hopefully forever.

yep armor lock is in :smiley: jk

and for all the horrible things done to me…

I have zombie insurance :smiley:
always come back

• Jetpack
  • Hardlight Shield
  • Thruster Pack
  • Promethean Vision
  • Active Camo
  • Hologram
  • Regen Field
  • Autosentry

Whiners? Really?

All you need to know about AAs

Thruster Pack:
Enables a powerful burst of movement allowing the ability to evade or quickly close the gap.

Promethean Vision:
Allows users to predict enemy signatures through walls and other hard surfaces.

Hologram:
Allows users to generate an almost identical holographic decoy to to deceive enemies during combat.

Jet Pack:
Allows users limited flight through a vertical lift propulsion system similar to that of EVA re-entry packs.

Hard Light Shield:
Allows users to a protective barrier of hard light which stops most small arms fire and some explosives.

Active Camouflage:
Allows users to generate a visual effect astonishingly close to invisibility.

Auto-Sentry:
An automatic turret which can be deployed to defend its user or command a key battlefield choke-point.

Regeneration Field
Allows the user to release a short-range energy field that heals any nearby spartans.

> - Jetpack
> - Hardlight Shield
> - Thruster Pack
> - Promethean Vision
> - Active Camo
> - Hologram
> - Regen Field
> - Autosentry

Thank the Halo Gods it is gone. Hopefully forever…

Armor Lock became Rampant in your absence and was obliterated by those who now control the galaxy, however HardLight Shield has replaced it to scratch that itch for anyone who actually liked that horrible creature called Armor Lock.

HardLight Shield is what you refer to, it doesnt make you a invincible squatting tank, as it has several weaknesses that can be exploited, but it seems useful as a tool for those using team work.

You also shouldnt refer to anyone as Whiners, Armor Lock was clearly a very broken Armor Ability, how it made it into Reach we will never know.

> armor lock is gone, hopefully forever.

This.

> Forgive me if I missed this answer already. I’m not very active on the forums. Did the whiners win? Did armor lock get the boot? What are the known AA for Halo 4? I simply have not heard. Saw that pretty sweet light shield, looks legit. Thanks in advance and I look forward to the terrible things I will do to you all online! (And you to me)

343 cleaned house and removed the foul smelling garbage that is known as Armor Lock/“The Crutch”.

The Hardlight Shield is it’s more balanced replacement. You can block players shots, but it doesn’t last very long, well palced explosives can kill you (frags, stickies, rockets etc), no emp so you can’t abuse melee, it’s easy to get around the shield at close range and pummel the player to death < ties in with decreased movement speed, no weapon usage, and no jumping.

Oh and you can’t destroy vehicles with a well timed Hardlight Shield either. I remember seeing this at RTX on Longbow. I know it’s been awhile since the RTX build but since no one is mentioned any changes recently, i assume (and safely at that) that it hasn’t changed.

you got the hardlight shield, which is not all that OP, your back isnt protected, but is useful for long-range gunfights

Yep after playing the game i can say that i am quite happy that armor lock is gone and they have brought in the hardlight shield it is much more fair as it still gives your opponent a chance to kill you but provides adequate cover.

Godmode… in MP MM. That was a great idea.

lol, glad it’s gone.

The bare bones of it is this: Armour Lock was overpowered and countered too many things, without the ability to counter the ability in progress, but instead had to wait until it was used up which drastically slowed down gameplay and made it anti-competitive. The only ones that actually used it tended to abuse it. It was, and is hated by many (different or similar reasons) and I’m glad it is gone. The Hardlight Shield is much more balanced, less overpowered, doesn’t slow down gameplay near as much and can actually be countered in progress. I’m not going to elaborate on the issue; it has been debated before and a general consensus has already been reached.

> Godmode… in MP MM. That was a great idea.
>
> lol, glad it’s gone.

You can guarantee its developer, and the person who thought this was such a amazing addition to Multiplayer has since been Armor Locked and removed from a position that requires using your mouth, thinking,.

> You also shouldnt refer to anyone as Whiners, Armor Lock was clearly a very broken Armor Ability, how it made it into Reach we will never know.

Reach was Bungie’s last game. They broke that game completely. Over-powered armor-ability, theater sucked, couldn’t view others file share, only a progression system for rank, and every playlist was basically social. To me, Bungie said F- it.

THANK YOU 343i Armor Lock = STUPID