Armor Lock exploit found. Will it be fixed in TU?

From Bungie.net:

> Posted by: Carnage_A51
> This will teach you how to clip almost anywhere! You can do this in campaign and multiplayer! This, alone, changes glitching and clipping as we know it. Enjoy!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRjLfpXDXwk&feature=channel_video_title

Basically, a player with Armor Lock can cooperate with another player to force the Lock-less player behind solid walls. This apparently works in both campaign and multiplayer, and can be used for griefing purposes (i.e. holding the objective behind a wall). Given that many maps’ kill boundaries are incomplete (as demonstrated by a well-known Bro Slayer spawning glitch), this glitch is more useful than one would initially believe.

Is 343 already aware of this glitch, and if so, will the Title Update patch it?

Yes this will get annoying fast in LD and other games where people can then camp more. Get the lead then camp…

That is probably going to spread around fast sadly.

Oh man, just when you think AL cant become more cheap it does LOL.

> Yes this will get annoying fast in LD and other games where people can then camp more. Get the lead then camp.

LD as in Living Dead? There is no Armor Lock in that playlist. :\

Further proving that Armor Lock should just be taken out of the game entirely. No need to mess with code…Just TAKE. IT. OUT.

More reason not to play Reach. :confused:

> Further proving that Armor Lock should just be taken out of the game entirely. No need to mess with code…Just TAKE. IT. OUT.

Removing it would require numerous alterations to Campaign, and would break some rather fun Custom Games. :\

The fix here is simple. If someone Armor Locks onto you in such a manner as to push you through a wall, you should be crushed to death by their glowing dirt-brofist.

Remove AL from all playlists. =D

> Remove AL from all playlists. =D

Best option. That way, Custom Gamers and Campaigners can still have their fun, while Matchmaking remains relatively exploit-free. It also removes a considerable amount of herp-derping from MM, which can only be seen as a plus.

> > Further proving that Armor Lock should just be taken out of the game entirely. No need to mess with code…Just TAKE. IT. OUT.
>
> Removing it would require numerous alterations to Campaign, and would break some rather fun Custom Games. :
>
> The fix here is simple. If someone Armor Locks onto you in such a manner as to push you through a wall, you should be crushed to death by their glowing dirt-brofist.

That would be the coolest way to kill an enemy!

> > > Further proving that Armor Lock should just be taken out of the game entirely. No need to mess with code…Just TAKE. IT. OUT.
> >
> > Removing it would require numerous alterations to Campaign, and would break some rather fun Custom Games. :
> >
> > The fix here is simple. If someone Armor Locks onto you in such a manner as to push you through a wall, you should be crushed to death by their glowing dirt-brofist.
>
> That would be the coolest way to kill an enemy!

Troy? Didn’t think I would see you here.

OT: It seems that 343 is going to have a lot to do with Armor Lock.

> > > > Further proving that Armor Lock should just be taken out of the game entirely. No need to mess with code…Just TAKE. IT. OUT.
> > >
> > > Removing it would require numerous alterations to Campaign, and would break some rather fun Custom Games. :
> > >
> > > The fix here is simple. If someone Armor Locks onto you in such a manner as to push you through a wall, you should be crushed to death by their glowing dirt-brofist.
> >
> > That would be the coolest way to kill an enemy!
>
> Troy? Didn’t think I would see you here.
>
> OT: It seems that 343 is going to have a lot to do with Armor Lock.

I bet 343i developers are all ready having fun with an advanced balanced version of Armor Lock. Wish I could be them :confused:

Yikes, I hope this doesn’t get super well known before a fix can get implemented. I hope it doesn’t affect gameplay in a way that allows teams to cheat (shooting through walls etc). Hopefully this glitch isn’t a huge deal, but I’ll still never understand why people feel compelled to share things like this. I’d probably go straight to 343i if I found a huge glitch.

lol I hope to see this in a machinema before it gets fixed

Hey, Waypoint, can your login system be just a little more broken? It’s not frustrating and derpy enough. Also you need a Site Feedback forum or something, damn.

ANYWAY:

> Yikes, I hope this doesn’t get super well known before a fix can get implemented. I hope it doesn’t affect gameplay in a way that allows teams to cheat (shooting through walls etc). Hopefully this glitch isn’t a huge deal, but I’ll still never understand why people feel compelled to share things like this. I’d probably go straight to 343i if I found a huge glitch.

Chances are it will allow people to shoot through “one-way” walls. A similar Bro Slayer exploit allows players to shoot into the map from underneath the ground, while it blocks any retaliatory fire.

Generally speaking, if you’re on the “wrong side” of a wall, you can shoot through it, but people can’t shoot back through it. True for everything from Death Island’s boundaries to Halo 3’s Double Boxes to Halo: Reach’s nearly-everything.

> Hey, Waypoint, can your login system be just a little more broken? It’s not frustrating and derpy enough. Also you need a Site Feedback forum or something, damn. ANYWAY:

This is the thread a lot of people have been sent to for forum improvement comments.

Link

> > Hey, Waypoint, can your login system be just a little more broken? It’s not frustrating and derpy enough. Also you need a Site Feedback forum or something, damn. ANYWAY:
>
> This is the thread a lot of people have been sent to for forum improvement comments.
>
> Link

Thanks. I also found their bug report email address, and made sure to use it.

Anyway, let’s get back on topic. Any further discussion of this bug? Videos of its exploitation in MM, perhaps?

> Thanks. I also found their bug report email address, and made sure to use it.
>
> Anyway, let’s get back on topic. Any further discussion of this bug? Videos of its exploitation in MM, perhaps?

Not A problem.

OT: I hope it’s on the list of fixes. HLG will have a field day with this if they aren’t already.

I absolutely hate how those people on youtube are actually supporting doing that and trying it out. Doing stuff like that makes you no different than a hacker.