Armor in Halo

It all started in Halo 3 when you could choose the looks of your spartan. Sure before you were able to change its color but whats the fun in that? You could finally look different from your peers in a cool new way showing off your earned armor. In Halo Reach I feel they took a step back in some areas and move far greater in others. Some armor should be earned through going into campaign or completing achievements. They did add a customization feature to their helmets which amazed everyone. They also added the wrist, armor effect, visor color, and thighs. This along with being able to play as an Elite greatly made players unique from one another. Then came halo 4. Sadly this came with a dropped armor effect, wrist and attachment feature. What I did come to love was the stances. The little things really matter to us. Sure armor effects weren’t the biggest thing of Reach but they were a pretty cool feature anyway. What I’m getting to is that if you keep dropping these cool features that Bungie touched on less and less people will be interested in the game. However if you do add onto what they have already created bringing new ideas into the mix of the old, you can create another classic.

Thanks for the Consideration
~Moses

Just as long as the armor doesn’t look plastic and you can tell the difference between players Spartans in game.

I just want the armor pallet in Halo 5 to be more diverse, and to actually look human and believable instead of looking like shiny plastic Power Rangers.

Very little of Halo 4’s armors look like they would be functional, and most of them are either ugly looking, or just plain boring. There’s nothing really special about them in any way. shape, or form.

Also, not only did the armors themselves drop in quality, I feel like they just used a scaled down version of the Male Spartan Model for the Female one. While I wasn’t too fond of how Reach’s Female Spartans seemed very sexualized, they should at least have a more feminine profile and be less scrawny looking.

> I just want the armor pallet in Halo 5 to be more diverse, and to actually look human and believable instead of looking like shiny plastic Power Rangers.
>
> Very little of Halo 4’s armors look like they would be functional, and most of them are either ugly looking, or just plain boring. There’s nothing really special about them in any way. shape, or form.
>
> Also, not only did the armors themselves drop in quality, I feel like they just used a scaled down version of the Male Spartan Model for the Female one. While I wasn’t too fond of how Reach’s Female Spartans seemed very sexualized, they should at least have a more feminine profile and be less scrawny looking.

Go! Go! Power Spartans!

I hope that armor attachments make a return. I prefer attachments over skins.

I hope that the armor desgin in the next game will focus more on functionality for combat again. It seems to me that half of the armors in Halo 4 are only aesthetical and look really unpractical for combat and some look way too futuristic for my personal taste as well.

I would really like to see the return of attachments for your armor but of course with a larger variety, primarily to give your armor more functionality for combat and to help you to create unique characters.

Besides, when I heard there would be armor skins in Halo 4, I thought there would be a new and separate option in armor customizations, what would mean that you could choose out of several different and unique armor skins and lay one of them over your armor set with your secondary color. I hope that we will see armor skins as such an option in the next game, otherwise I see no actual point in their current state.

In case of the female model I agree with Andycu5. Even though Reach’s model was probably too much, even athletic women can have a feminine shape.

As a new feature I would like to see an option to give your armor an ‘used’ look. Something with that you can add scratches, cracks, dirt, Covenant blood or peeled off colors to your armor.

In addition, honestly, I am happy that gimmicks like armor effects or flaming helmets are removed and I hope they will never return again. Such gimmicks simply do not appeal to me in a game like Halo and I do not like to see them on other player’s Spartans either.
I am really glad 343i expanded the variety of visor colors instead of keeping or expanding things like armor effects.

To sum up, I want to be able to create an unique Spartan that looks ready for combat and has a little story to tell only when looking at his armor.

Bring back the robotic arm. And the realistic pieces of armour.

I like the diversity of the armor permutations “realistic” or not. They serve no other purpose in Halo other than Aesthetics. I also like the more aggressive looking and spacey looking armors. It is supposed to be futuristic after all.

> I like the diversity of the armor permutations “realistic” or not. They serve no other purpose in Halo other than Aesthetics. I also like the more aggressive looking and spacey looking armors. It is supposed to be futuristic after all.

Ehh, I don’t think NIKE exists in 2558 or w.e the year is.