Armor Effects

This post is directed towards 343 Industries, but if you have input feel free to share.343, now that the blue flames are available, why can’t we have multiple armor effects? I’m saving for my inclement weather but I think the blue flames are a little bit of awesome as well. It seem like the armor effects fall into three categories: death, helmet flames, and full body effects. Wouldn’t it be possible to activate say a death effect, a full body effect AND a helmet flame simultaneously? Or a combination thereof? It’s just an idea, but it seems to make some theoretical sense. I have no idea about the coding for that or if its even practically possible, but I’d love the concept. Plus people could show off more of their “Swag” in Reach.

Oh God no…

I like this idea, but it would be pretty distracting to other players when your walking around with all that bling on.

> I like this idea, but it would be pretty distracting to other players when your walking around with all that bling on.

meh, it doesnt have to. the current armor abilities arent distracting at all.

tbh i think there should be AT LEAST 10 different armor effects. we need:

PESTILENCE
GRUNT BDAY PARTY
FIRE
ICE
LIGHTNING (inclement weather)
ROCKS (earth)
WIND
PLASMA

A frickin storm cloud over your head that rains on you and shoots lightning at your head (doesnt damage you lol)
heck, how about an armor effect that DOES damage you just because you are THAT amazing you would need a handicap to keep things interesting. like 1% of your shields will be drained every 10 seconds (so super slow lolz), but it wont kill you, and wont hurt your health at all, and once you hit 0 shields your shields will be able to recharge to full to start the slow decline yet again!

how about a color wheel for every effect to color whichever effect you want? wouldnt that be AMAZING!? i’d have light purple lightning (inclement weather). people would play the game ALL DAY to get that type of badass armor effect! (dont make it so we have to play for 2 years like you have to to get inclement weather tho T.T

iuno. just… a BUNCH of them please. they were an AWESOME idea, i was super disappointed there was only a small selection (like… 4? really?)

> > I like this idea, but it would be pretty distracting to other players when your walking around with all that bling on.
>
> meh, it doesnt have to. the current armor abilities arent distracting at all.
>
> tbh i think there should be AT LEAST 10 different armor effects. we need:
>
> PESTILENCE
> GRUNT BDAY PARTY
> FIRE
> ICE
> LIGHTNING (inclement weather)
> ROCKS (earth)
> WIND
> PLASMA
>
> A frickin storm cloud over your head that rains on you and shoots lightning at your head (doesnt damage you lol)
> heck, how about an armor effect that DOES damage you just because you are THAT amazing you would need a handicap to keep things interesting. like 1% of your shields will be drained every 10 seconds (so super slow lolz), but it wont kill you, and wont hurt your health at all, and once you hit 0 shields your shields will be able to recharge to full to start the slow decline yet again!
>
> how about a color wheel for every effect to color whichever effect you want? wouldnt that be AMAZING!? i’d have light purple lightning (inclement weather). people would play the game ALL DAY to get that type of Yoink! armor effect! (dont make it so we have to play for 2 years like you have to to get inclement weather tho T.T
>
> iuno. just… a BUNCH of them please. they were an AWESOME idea, i was super disappointed there was only a small selection (like… 4? really?)

BY YOUR ARMOR COMBINED I AM CAPTAIN PLANET

I don’t want effects. The make the game feel too much like a game, you know? I just want some basic armor editing.