Armor effects

I would want armor effects (GBP, Heart Attack, Pestilence, Inclement Weather) back in Halo Infinite. What do you guys think?

I would like to see the same ones and some newer ones as well

I wouldn’t mind that. I’m still using pestilence in Reach.

Who doesn’t like having a birthday party every time they die?

That always was pretty hilarious when you kill someone and it’s just a burst of fanfare lol. But the armor effects did give you away when trying not to be noticed.

Completely agree, along with the variants of each armour!

> 2533274879757912;5:
> That always was pretty hilarious when you kill someone and it’s just a burst of fanfare lol. But the armor effects did give you away when trying not to be noticed.

It’s still fun to use.

I would love to see all of the old ones as well as the really cool new ones.

> 2533274966517097;7:
> > 2533274879757912;5:
> > That always was pretty hilarious when you kill someone and it’s just a burst of fanfare lol. But the armor effects did give you away when trying not to be noticed.
>
> It’s still fun to use.

I don’t deny it was pretty fun lol.

id hate to be a killjoy, but in all honesty I hope they never return.

1. they disrupt the immersion of the game. when players get a game, they expect a certain level of immersion when playing. generally, when I play halo I get that immersion, but not in reach or MCC’s H3. its like “oh yeah! I’m an awesome super soldier! here I come to kick… oh that guy is covered in a big fart cloud… why?”. playing halo 3 on MCC, everyone is using the flaming helmet, so everywhere you look you see glowing heads. this may also come from the fact that I’m a stickler for canon. and a bunch of spartans covered in fart clouds, lightning, and fire is definitely not canon, which bugs me even more cause its still active in the Reach campaign.

2. it disrupts gameplay. with these effects, it is easier to see, and much easier for a sniper to pin point the location of your precious head of magical fart clouds and fire. I remember playing Team Snipers and Swat in Reach, and always seeing people with effects.
    I remember one time play MCC Halo 3, player on enemy team got active camo, but everyone could still see him cause his head was on fire.

they were the number two thing I disliked about Reach (number one is armor lock, and oh how I loathed seeing fire helmet or fart cloud players using armor lock :angry:)

> 2533275026446288;10:
> id hate to be a killjoy, but in all honesty I hope they never return.
>
> 1. they disrupt the immersion of the game. when players get a game, they expect a certain level of immersion when playing. generally, when I play halo I get that immersion, but not in reach or MCC’s H3. its like “oh yeah! I’m an awesome super soldier! here I come to kick… oh that guy is covered in a big fart cloud… why?”. playing halo 3 on MCC, everyone is using the flaming helmet, so everywhere you look you see glowing heads. this may also come from the fact that I’m a stickler for canon. and a bunch of spartans covered in fart clouds, lightning, and fire is definitely not canon, which bugs me even more cause its still active in the Reach campaign.
>
> 2. it disrupts gameplay. with these effects, it is easier to see, and much easier for a sniper to pin point the location of your precious head of magical fart clouds and fire. I remember playing Team Snipers and Swat in Reach, and always seeing people with effects.
> I remember one time play MCC Halo 3, player on enemy team got active camo, but everyone could still see him cause his head was on fire.
>
> they were the number two thing I disliked about Reach (number one is armor lock, and oh how I loathed seeing fire helmet or fart cloud players using armor lock :angry:)

Didn’t immersion go out the window when 343 decided multiplayer was just a stupid simulation?

If I’m in a simulation, I want a katana on my back and a flaming helmet lol.

> 2533275026446288;10:
>
> 1. they disrupt the immersion of the game. when players get a game, they expect a certain level of immersion when playing. generally, when I play halo I get that immersion, but not in reach or MCC’s H3. its like “oh yeah! I’m an awesome super soldier! here I come to kick… oh that guy is covered in a big fart cloud… why?”. playing halo 3 on MCC, everyone is using the flaming helmet, so everywhere you look you see glowing heads. this may also come from the fact that I’m a stickler for canon. and a bunch of spartans covered in fart clouds, lightning, and fire is definitely not canon, which bugs me even more cause its still active in the Reach campaign.
>
> 2. it disrupts gameplay. with these effects, it is easier to see, and much easier for a sniper to pin point the location of your precious head of magical fart clouds and fire. I remember playing Team Snipers and Swat in Reach, and always seeing people with effects.
> I remember one time play MCC Halo 3, player on enemy team got active camo, but everyone could still see him cause his head was on fire.
>
> they were the number two thing I disliked about Reach (number one is armor lock, and oh how I loathed seeing fire helmet or fart cloud players using armor lock :angry:)

If you’re playing casually, I don’t think it would be a problem. On the competitive side, I understand what you’re trying to say.

> 2533274814210937;11:
> > 2533275026446288;10:
> > id hate to be a killjoy, but in all honesty I hope they never return.
> >
> > 1. they disrupt the immersion of the game. when players get a game, they expect a certain level of immersion when playing. generally, when I play halo I get that immersion, but not in reach or MCC’s H3. its like “oh yeah! I’m an awesome super soldier! here I come to kick… oh that guy is covered in a big fart cloud… why?”. playing halo 3 on MCC, everyone is using the flaming helmet, so everywhere you look you see glowing heads. this may also come from the fact that I’m a stickler for canon. and a bunch of spartans covered in fart clouds, lightning, and fire is definitely not canon, which bugs me even more cause its still active in the Reach campaign.
> >
> > 2. it disrupts gameplay. with these effects, it is easier to see, and much easier for a sniper to pin point the location of your precious head of magical fart clouds and fire. I remember playing Team Snipers and Swat in Reach, and always seeing people with effects.
> > I remember one time play MCC Halo 3, player on enemy team got active camo, but everyone could still see him cause his head was on fire.
> >
> > they were the number two thing I disliked about Reach (number one is armor lock, and oh how I loathed seeing fire helmet or fart cloud players using armor lock :angry:)
>
> Didn’t immersion go out the window when 343 decided multiplayer was just a stupid simulation?
>
> If I’m in a simulation, I want a katana on my back and a flaming helmet lol.

its always been a simulation, in a way at least. even back in the original, the multiplayer is canonically training sessions where spartans practice against each other in simulated teams. however, in CE - Reach (going by release date) these exercises actually took place in real environments set up by the UNSC, unlike in 4 and 5 where it is actually a combat simulator with hard light projections. only three times has multiplayer been real combat instead of simulated combat, Firefight in ODST and Reach and Spartan Ops from Halo 4.

on another note, while the multiplayer was a simulation, campaign was not, so then why would effects still be active in the Reach campaign and Firefight?

Yes I 100% agree if 343 implements armor effects back especially the flaming helmet it will make them big profits with a lot of happy customers. This is their last chance to make it right. I’m a expert in sales and I’m saying if they do not make this game right it will never be like halo use to be again. (Last chance) bring that reach custimazation into infinite.

> 2533275026446288;10:
>
>
>

Fair enough though I never understood that immersion element when it came to first person shooters though, especially In Halo. Two different view points on it I guess.

The return of Armor Effects would be amazing.

if they bring back the effects, i would like one like Dracula, when you die your body dissapiar on a thousand bats (i dont know if i writted rigth)

> 2533274921115718;17:
> if they bring back the effects, i would like one like Dracula, when you die your body dissapiar on a thousand bats (i dont know if i writted rigth)

Ha I love this one. They could really get creative with this tbh. If they affect view or other things like that they should probably be kept out of ranked, but I’m all for these to come back.

There needs to be an armor effect where your Spartan or elite is angel and you have Halo floating above your head.

I’d be down for it. As long as Heart Attack comes back, of course.