Armor Effects--They Might Be Back

So I was just wondering this a week earlier. Are armor effects returning in halo 4??? It doesn’t really matter to me either way. But Ducain23 recently uploaded some gameplay of regicide on the recently announced complex map(SO excited to play that) and during the video, although there is no sound, it might look like it could be the birthday armor effect. What do you think should is the idea of armor effects returning excite you or annoy you?

Heres the video-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FiKdO2cdtI&feature=g-all-u

Regicide, when the king is killed - that effect plays.

> So I was just wondering this a week earlier. Are armor effects returning in halo 4??? It doesn’t really matter to me either way. But Ducain23 recently uploaded some gameplay of regicide on the recently announced complex map(SO excited to play that) and during the video, although there is no sound, it might look like it could be the birthday armor effect. What do you think should is the idea of armor effects returning excite you or annoy you?
>
> Heres the video-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FiKdO2cdtI&feature=g-all-u

OP: You can link to specific parts of a youtube video by clicking the Share Button underneath the video then clicking options underneath the highlighted URL and clicking the middle option of “Start at:”

Also: No. No Birthday effect. Just sparks.

I would rather armor effects do not return, to me they felt pretty cheap (my opinion). Sure the grunt birthday party one was funny but overall I thought they were a waste of time in Reach.

> I would rather armor effects do not return, to me they felt pretty cheap (my opinion). Sure the grunt birthday party one was funny but overall I thought they were a waste of time in Reach.

I verily much enjoyed driving my Warthog with a flaming head.

Here we go right Hurr

> > I would rather armor effects do not return, to me they felt pretty cheap (my opinion). Sure the grunt birthday party one was funny but overall I thought they were a waste of time in Reach.
>
> I verily much enjoyed driving my Warthog with a flaming head.

One better.

Warthog on fire. Driver has Flame. Gunner has Flame. Passenger with flag has Flame.

Myeah, as I said. It´s not really an armor effect, instead it is tied to the Regicide gamemode - and when you as a player kill the leader/king or die whilst being it - this little effect happens to communicate that the King has been taken down.

> > > I would rather armor effects do not return, to me they felt pretty cheap (my opinion). Sure the grunt birthday party one was funny but overall I thought they were a waste of time in Reach.
> >
> > I verily much enjoyed driving my Warthog with a flaming head.
>
> One better.
>
> Warthog on fire. Driver has Flame. Gunner has Flame. Passenger with flag has Flame.

Good times!

Better yet, passenger with flame holds a skull/ball with flame. :>

Thanks Man! i really hope there isn’t inclement weather. Oh and btw are killcams in all the game modes now? I saw the e3 regicide gameplay and that didn’t include a kill cam. I really hope they don’t include that in all gamemodes. T baggin my friends will be missed

> Regicide, when the king is killed - that effect plays.

This and I doubt they would since war games is supposed to be more canon…more “realistic” And I’m kinda glad. just my opinion…

Yeah i agree. The popping followed by kids screaming really draws the immersion back a dial. Personally i hope they don’t bring those back. But who knows, Frank o’ Conner mentioned that the number customization options shown in previous builds were nothing compared to the final product. hopefully we will see a number of new armor types in November

> > > I would rather armor effects do not return, to me they felt pretty cheap (my opinion). Sure the grunt birthday party one was funny but overall I thought they were a waste of time in Reach.
> >
> > I verily much enjoyed driving my Warthog with a flaming head.
>
> One better.
>
> Warthog on fire. Driver has Flame. Gunner has Flame. Passenger with flag has Flame.

Ghost Rider on reach in a hog?