Armor DLC. Is it possible this time around?

In halo 3, the devs said it wasn’t possible. Too much trouble for something so trivial.

In halo reach, it just wasn’t happening, game wasn’t intended to have dlc armor.

Halo 4, do you think 343 came prepared this time?

After looking at PAX videos and seeing all the armor, I’m not going to say I necessarily NEED more armor than that, there looks to be a great deal of options, and I LOVE THAT!!!

But, I was just curios, since it’s basically a rebuilt reused engine, does anyone here think it will be the same as before?

Opinions?

I don’t see a reason for 343 to go through the trouble of making DLC armour. There’s plenty of armour to choose from already. In Halo 3 you had less than 10 different armour sets, Anything more is really just the community being greedy.

I’m sure everyone can find an armour set up they like from the available choices.

I think that it’s still impossible… Although if they wanted to they could hold back some armor that happens to be on the disk. Which wouldn’t bother me as long as the made enough armor options in the first place. If they have 50 helmets in the game I wouldn’t be upset if they saved 10 of them for DLC. If they try to give us like 25 helmets and then sell us 25 through DLC that’s when most of the people would start complaining about 343 holding things back.

I agree, there is a TON of new armor, and I’m very pleased about it. I would not complain about no armor dlc, I was merely curious to see if it WAS POSSIBLE this time, seeing as its been an issue in the past iterations.

Trust me, I could care less if we get armor dlc!

I’m more concerned about 343 doing a better job of implementing DLC maps into MM than in Reach, the quality of those maps, and the quality of Spartan Ops than I am about more clothes for my dress-up avatar.

Unlike everyone declining the idea,I would love to see more DLC for Armor.Also I would like to see more Armor Abilities as DLC,that would be cool.

I agree, but I’m sure they will do fine with maps and spartan ops!

> I don’t see a reason for 343 to go through the trouble of making DLC armour. There’s plenty of armour to choose from already. In Halo 3 you had less than 10 different armour sets, Anything more is really just the community being greedy.
>
> <mark>I’m sure everyone can find an armour set up they like from the available choices</mark>.

Usually I would agree with this, but 343 loves to make some hideous armor. I can’t help but think I’m going to have to “settle” on an armor perm whereas every other halo game had armor that I absolutely loved.
That being said, I hope they don’t give us more armor through DLC. It would just mean more ugly armor.

> Unlike everyone declining the idea,I would love to see more DLC for Armor.Also I would like to see more Armor Abilities as DLC,that would be cool.

I did a spit-take when I read this.

Dont you think there is enough armor already?

> Dont you think there is enough armor already?

Right now? Nope, because they are missing odst, Mk.v and security.

I don’t count most of those ugly ones as armor

> I agree, there is a TON of new armor, and I’m very pleased about it. I would not complain about no armor dlc, I was merely curious to see if it WAS POSSIBLE this time, seeing as its been an issue in the past iterations.
>
> Trust me, I could care less if we get armor dlc!

It’s always been possible; just not feasible.

Words like impossible should not be in our dictionary. They imply way too much information.

> In halo 3, the devs said it wasn’t possible. Too much trouble for something so trivial.
>
> In halo reach, it just wasn’t happening, game wasn’t intended to have dlc armor.
>
> Halo 4, do you think 343 came prepared this time?
>
> After looking at PAX videos and seeing all the armor, I’m not going to say I necessarily NEED more armor than that, there looks to be a great deal of options, and I LOVE THAT!!!
>
> But, I was just curios, since it’s basically a rebuilt reused engine, does anyone here think it will be the same as before?
>
> Opinions?

Wasn’t the problem that the armor had to be hard-coded into each DLC map - that update would be huge in size?

With all the GRD helmet stuff last year, I guess 343 could have tested the water to see if it was possible?

> Unlike everyone declining the idea,I would love to see more DLC for Armor.Also I would like to see more Armor Abilities as DLC,that would be cool.

Why do you need more armour though?

Frankie said : DLC will be a big part of Halo 4 and it’s not just about making MM maps only

so I think having new Skins and Armors and maybe weapons is possible
games like Gears 3 and BattleN00bs 3 had it why not Halo4

If they did then they should just include it with Maps, kind of like BF3 does it with weapons. You’re able to get the armour if you buy the maps.

> games like Gears 3 and BattleN00bs 3 had it why not Halo4

Because it is completely unnecessary. For 343 to go through all that work to make something that has no effect on gameplay is a complete waste of time.

Well technically speaking, Strider and Scanner are day one DLC. If you get the season pass.

> > games like Gears 3 and BattleN00bs 3 had it why not Halo4
>
> Because it is completely unnecessary. For 343 to go through all that work to make something that has no effect on gameplay is a complete waste of time.

For you maybe, where as for others like myself- Armors and character customization is a huge part of the game’s lasting appeal and a motivator for playing ( In order to unlock/obtain wanted armor pieces).

> > > games like Gears 3 and BattleN00bs 3 had it why not Halo4
> >
> > Because it is completely unnecessary. For 343 to go through all that work to make something that has no effect on gameplay is a complete waste of time.
>
> For you maybe, where as for others like myself- Armors and character customization is a huge part of the game’s lasting appeal and a motivator for playing ( In order to unlock/obtain wanted armor pieces).

You can do that with the armour that is alreaady in the game. More armour is just you being greedy.

You’re making up excuses as to why you are playing a game that you really don’t want to play.