Armor Customization 2

This is more of a general ideas thread more than anything. This is not QUITE about personal ideas when it comes to armor, aside from Armor Effects; If you came up with a new form of the CQB armor for Halo Xbox One, it’s less welcome on this thread (But still allowed, so long as it’s in depth and sensible, with major reasons).

Anyways, what should be customizable, in Halo Xbox One, when it comes to a player’s armor? And what should 100% be added?

Armor Effects? Hats? Ideas?

The only thing I can really think of, asides from adding in what was in Reach but taken out for Halo 4, would be to allow us to customize the colours for our Spartans in a lot more depth than before. Let us choose which parts of our armour are affected by the primary/secondary colour, and let us decide if they use a skin or not.

I’d love to go back tot he days of Halo 2,3 and Reach where the colour schemes were a lot more simple, with whole parts of the armour being coloured, while still allowing fans of the armour skins to use them.

Personally, I’d love to see a helmet/armor style similar to this:
http://www.splitreason.com/img/wallpapers/spartan_1680x1050.jpg
Perhaps as a reward for a high MP level or a campaign reward.
I just think it would be a nice thing for 343 to acknowledge the “Spartan” name xD

This is all personal Opinion:

The Armour customization can be so much better. still keeping in mind we want our guys/girls to look like Spartans not toys.

The colour scheme can be improved
Bring back the halo reach Armour add ons and effects.
Customizable elite Armour like in halo 3 just more advanced.
Customizable HUD’s.

And a big one for me is making the emblem more visible on your Spartan.

Something that has to stay is being able switch out every metallic component of the armor like in Halo 4. Especially the chest piece, being able to chose an entire chest piece is way better than the chest attachments we’ve seen in the past.

As for the plastic looking issue with our armor. Has anyone ever thought that was done with an intention for the future?

Remember that our Spartans are cannon now and have their own careers. What if in Halo 4 we were supposed to look shiny and new because we’re rookies?

Throughout each game our armor will age and gain a little more battle damage to show that time has passed for our Spartans. I think it would be great to see that our Spartans are gaining experience along with battle damage throughout each game.

I also want to see a lot less of the under suit. We need more metallic components that are bigger with less gaps to cover it up more. The Space diaper would help with this a lot.

I agree with ooblah10 on more visible emblems, that would be nice.

Another big thing is that I want the majority of armor sets to have their own arm and leg armor. Mk VI, Mk V, ODST, Ricochet, Prefect, Fotus and Recruit are the only sets that have arms and legs to go with the the rest of the set. Look at my Pathfinder armor right now, I’d love to have Pathfider arms and legs so that I can have a full set but I’m forced to mix and match with these completely random options given to us that have stupid names with numbers in them that no one remembers.

> Something that has to stay is being able switch out every metallic component of the armor like in Halo 4. Especially the chest piece, being able to chose an entire chest piece is way better than the chest attachments we’ve seen in the past.
>
> As for the plastic looking issue with our armor. Has anyone ever thought that was done with an intention for the future?
>
> Remember that our Spartans are cannon now and have their own careers. What if in Halo 4 we were supposed to look shiny and new because we’re rookies?
>
> Throughout each game our armor will age and gain a little more battle damage to show that time has passed for our Spartans. I think it would be great to see that our Spartans are gaining experience along with battle damage throughout each game.
>
> I also want to see a lot less of the under suit. We need more metallic components that are bigger with less gaps to cover it up more. The Space diaper would help with this a lot.
>
> I agree with ooblah10 on more visible emblems, that would be nice.
>
> Another big thing is that I want the majority of armor sets to have their own arm and leg armor. Mk VI, Mk V, ODST, Ricochet, Prefect, Fotus and Recruit are the only sets that have arms and legs to go with the the rest of the set. Look at my Pathfinder armor right now, I’d love to have Pathfider arms and legs so that I can have a full set but I’m forced to mix and match with these completely random options given to us that have stupid names with numbers in them that no one remembers.

This…All of this. Well said.

We need the minor detail customization we had in reach, and also we should be able to choose whether our spartans/elites are right or left handed.

One thing’s for sure, I think they need to improve how we customize the color and decals of our Spartan.
Right now, it’s “Primary” color, changing the majority of the armor’s color, and “Secondary”, changing the color of whatever decal that armor has.
I think it should be changed so that the default Spartan armor has not decals on it, you just change the color of the armor itself and the undersuit color. Then you have the option to add decals after and change it’s color independently. Maybe add in some armor textures, aesthetic battle damage, etc…
I think this would help in the long run because it would give more creative freedom in customizing armor color and allow more content to be unlocked through level progression. (So instead of unlocking a piece of armor with a different decal/skin, you’re unlocking the decal/skin itself to apply to whatever piece of armor you want.)
The biggest difference between Halo: Reach’s armor and Halo 4’s armor is that Halo: Reach’s armor customization and overall aesthetic and tone was gritty and military. So pouches for ammo and what not makes sense vs. Halo 4’s more traditional armor aesthetic.
I’m all for having more variants of Gen2 MJOLNIR that adds things like Halo: Reach does, but taking Halo: Reach’s tone and gritty look and applying it to Halo 5 just wouldn’t make sense, especially after Halo 4 set the bar and guidelines for how things look.

Customizable codpieces. That is all.

> Something that has to stay is being able switch out every metallic component of the armor like in Halo 4. Especially the chest piece, being able to chose an entire chest piece is way better than the chest attachments we’ve seen in the past.
>
> As for the plastic looking issue with our armor. Has anyone ever thought that was done with an intention for the future?
>
> Remember that our Spartans are cannon now and have their own careers. What if in Halo 4 we were supposed to look shiny and new because we’re rookies?
>
> Throughout each game our armor will age and gain a little more battle damage to show that time has passed for our Spartans. I think it would be great to see that our Spartans are gaining experience along with battle damage throughout each game.
>
> I also want to see a lot less of the under suit. We need more metallic components that are bigger with less gaps to cover it up more. The Space diaper would help with this a lot.
>
> I agree with ooblah10 on more visible emblems, that would be nice.
>
> Another big thing is that I want the majority of armor sets to have their own arm and leg armor. Mk VI, Mk V, ODST, Ricochet, Prefect, Fotus and Recruit are the only sets that have arms and legs to go with the the rest of the set. Look at my Pathfinder armor right now, I’d love to have Pathfider arms and legs so that I can have a full set but I’m forced to mix and match with these completely random options given to us that have stupid names with numbers in them that no one remembers.

This sums it up well, except for the space diaper part, Cod pieces maybe, but I for one am glad the “space diaper” is gone.

For me the ideal Halo 5 armor… armory, i guess. would be Halo 4-like armory (sans the weird visors- wetwork and pioneer.) with Reach-like attachments and accessories. also more plate variation between armor types, for example defencive armors like E.O.D. and Protector, should show much less bodysuit than stealth armor like Scout or Infiltrator.

Personally (and I think I’m alone on this) I don’t particularly care for excessive amounts of customization. I found it annoying in Halo 4 to scroll trough 1000 helmets and skins to find the one I want- it’s why I no longer change my armour. I hate having to deal with that screen. They could have at least consolidated all the armour skins into sub-selections of the armour pieces.

I was perfectly satisfied with Halo 3’s armour customization.

> Personally (and I think I’m alone on this) I don’t particularly care for excessive amounts of customization. I found it annoying in Halo 4 to scroll trough 1000 helmets and skins to find the one I want- it’s why I no longer change my armour. I hate having to deal with that screen. They could have at least consolidated all the armour skins into sub-selections of the armour pieces.
>
> I was perfectly satisfied with Halo 3’s armour customization.

I agree. The armour selection in Halo 3 was nice and simple, while Halo 4’s armour selection was kinda messy.

If there’s going to be different versions of armour pieces, I think that they should do it like the helmets were in Reach; when you select a helmet, a sub-menu appears with different versions of it. However, this should apply with all the armour types, not just the helmets.

Also, I think that choosing the colours for our armour should be more like Halo 3. You could change the two main colours, but also change the colour of the details and skins on them.

As other people have said, I think that we should be able to pick which part we colour as well. That is, colour the wrist armour in, the shin armour in; that sort of thing. Not too much though, as we want the menus and the like to be simple and easy to move around in.