Armor Completionists

Am I the only one who is an armor completionist who is trying to get all of the pre-order bonuses? If your with me that’s great! Talk about it below.

There are speculations however that they will be releasing all of the pre-order bonuses/LE console and LE game edition bonuses as later DLC. Do you think I am wasting my money by trying to collect all of the pre-order bonuses? If they do release all of the pre-orders as DLC then I obviously am. But what do you think? Are you still trying to collect them before anything official is announced about that? Or does it just not matter to you that much? Talk about it.

Now I am not entirely wasting my money. Let me explain.

• I purchased LE edition of the game for myself from Gamestop.

• My friends birthday happened recently so I purchased/pre-ordered him a copy of the game from Walmart. Gonna sneakily take the code >:).

-Same with my cousin, he is coming home from boarding school in the near future an I plan on getting him a copy of the game from Amazon and taking the code as well. But by the time he gets back the code will have already expired so I’m just making sure the amazon code doesn’t go to waste.

-Just need Mighty ape and Play.

The trickiest part is probably the LE console. If anyone who is getting the console if willing to sell their dlc code I’ll definitely buy it off of you :wink:

Anyways, are you a completionists who is trying to get them all? Do you even care? Or do you think I should just wait until they announce (if they ever do) that the pre-orders and exclusives will be available to all?

They’ve already said that there’s a strong chance of the skins becoming DLC at some point.

I don’t see the point in ordering however many copies of the game. At the very least, arrage something with your friends to get thier bonuses.

well personally i don’t count the preorders towards the armor completion but i would also like to have all of them still. Also i think mighty ape and play are UK only

> well personally i don’t count the preorders towards the armor completion but i would also like to have all of them still. Also i think mighty ape and play are UK only

They have over-sea shipping I believe. If not I bet there will be a few codes on ebay for those two.

BS Angel said that they might come out as DLC later, so I’ll hold off until I get a confirmation one way or the other. I would love to have them all but I’m married, and I don’t have the funds to try and buy them off ebay for $20+ a pop. I’m hoping for them to release the FOTUS armor as well, but if not then I think that I might try and find that one relatively cheap off ebay. :confused:

As for you. It just depends on how badly you want them. I’m willing to wait it out. Some people aren’t.

You still get the armor even if you don’t pre-order. The only thing you’re missing out on is the skins, but not the armor itself.

You sir, have a problem. A deep emotional problem. Besides, I believe this stuff will be available for purchase (via in-game points) eventualy. So fear not. Your OCD will be eased in due time.

> BS Angel said that they might come out as DLC later, so I’ll hold off until I get a confirmation one way or the other. I would love to have them all but I’m married, and I don’t have the funds to try and buy them off ebay for $20+ a pop. I’m hoping for them to release the FOTUS armor as well, but if not then I think that I might try and find that one relatively cheap off ebay. :confused:
>
> As for you. It just depends on how badly you want them. I’m willing to wait it out. Some people aren’t.

Well, I pretty much have Amazon and Walmart’s (due to my treachery and yet at the same time generosity of getting them the game.) That leaves the two places over seas. Which would be a hassle.

I’m probably going to searching for mighty ape and play codes on ebay, as well as console dlc codes (Fotus). If I come across the cash I might buy a copy from mighty ape (due to the amount of goodies you get from there.)

I have no need for another console. Just got the GoW 3 Xbox a while back (I should have waited :confused: ), it would be a total waste to buy this console because of that and the next gen coming in the near future even though I am a completionist.

Lets hope the future release of the pre-orders is for sure.

If anyone is willing to sell any of those to me I’ll gladly take up the offer ;).

TL;DR: Probably going to buy the code rest of the codes off ebay if possible. Worst comes to worst I’ll buy a copy of the game from the retailers over seas. Or even worse, a console haha.

> You sir, have a problem. A deep emotional problem. Besides, I believe this stuff will be available for purchase (via in-game points) eventualy. So fear not. Your OCD will be eased in due time.

Hahaha this is the only thing I have honestly ever had a spazz attack over for some reason.

i think the console codes come with the controller as well. I got the lambet weapon skins with the GOw3 controller

Aren’t all the pre-order bonuses just early unlocks to skins already in the game (Like Reach’s Recon)? Or are they pulling BS Reach Flaming Skull “You-only-get-it-with-this-edition” crap again?

> They’ve already said that there’s a strong chance of the skins becoming DLC at some point.

Source?

> > They’ve already said that there’s a strong chance of the skins becoming DLC at some point.
>
> Source?

I believe there is a quote that strongly suggests this (I don’t have it at the moment), but it is also a speculation and rumor going around at the moment.

> > > They’ve already said that there’s a strong chance of the skins becoming DLC at some point.
> >
> > Source?
>
> I believe there is a quote that strongly suggests this (I don’t have it at the moment), but it is also a speculation and rumor going around at the moment.

Here you go:

> With the console bundle, you announced that it would come with exclusive in-game content. Is this in-game content the same as the Limited Edition bundle content? - The Little Moa
>
> The content is different and unique to each SKU. <mark>While we know there are completionists that would like to have it all, it’s not unreasonable to think that we may eventually make all of the content available one day.</mark> I would also like to point out, since this is a thing that generates lots of conversation, that the unique or exclusive items are custom created and curated for that purpose or promotion or partner, rather than simply redistributed from stuff created for the shipping game. It’s a subtle distinction I suppose, but in our case a real one.

> > > > They’ve already said that there’s a strong chance of the skins becoming DLC at some point.
> > >
> > > Source?
> >
> > I believe there is a quote that strongly suggests this (I don’t have it at the moment), but it is also a speculation and rumor going around at the moment.
>
> Here you go:
>
>
>
> > With the console bundle, you announced that it would come with exclusive in-game content. Is this in-game content the same as the Limited Edition bundle content? - The Little Moa
> >
> > The content is different and unique to each SKU. <mark>While we know there are completionists that would like to have it all, it’s not unreasonable to think that we may eventually make all of the content available one day.</mark> I would also like to point out, since this is a thing that generates lots of conversation, that the unique or exclusive items are custom created and curated for that purpose or promotion or partner, rather than simply redistributed from stuff created for the shipping game. It’s a subtle distinction I suppose, but in our case a real one.

Thanks for the always enlightening info BeniShroom. :slight_smile:

O you and me both bro…ok but no i did it for gears 3… and hated myself. dont do it thu cause their releasing them at a later date.

> They’ve already said that there’s a strong chance of the skins becoming DLC at some point.
>
> I don’t see the point in ordering however many copies of the game. At the very least, arrage something with your friends to get thier bonuses.

Im sure it will become DLC at some point don’t worry. Just wait it out.

> > They’ve already said that there’s a strong chance of the skins becoming DLC at some point.
> >
> > I don’t see the point in ordering however many copies of the game. At the very least, arrage something with your friends to get thier bonuses.
>
> Im sure it will become DLC at some point don’t worry. Just wait it out.

> O you and me both bro…ok but no i did it for gears 3… and hated myself. dont do it thu cause their releasing them at a later date.

It’s like everyone’s opinions and words reassure me. Thanks everyone.

> You still get the armor even if you don’t pre-order. The only thing you’re missing out on is the skins, but not the armor itself.

This.

I want the preorders to be DLC but not the console and LE bonuses, that’s just not really cool.