Armor Combos that look like classic S-II's?

Does anyone have a good idea or way to create a classic looking halo spartan armor set other than just wearing the Mark VI armor?

i dont really think you can in halo 4 :frowning:

reach a little but this one they all look like crappy action figures with ridiculously bad helmets…

I agree I was hoping to make a sort of Mark V like armor with the Recruit helmet… But there are no shoulders unique enought to use for it.

While we’re at it, how come the Mk. VI shoulders are wrong? The proportions and shape are all out of whack.

> While we’re at it, how come the Mk. VI shoulders are wrong? The proportions and shape are all out of whack.

Agreed. Also (though a small detail but kind of annoying to me) when they remodeled Master Chief’s armor, why does he not have Mark VI armor that looks like the multiplayer Mark VI armor?

The Enforcer helmet works well, I think.

It looks a lot like the Grenadier helmet Jorge wore in Reach.

Most large visored helmets (like Recruit, Air Assault, EVA, Enforcer, Mark VI, etc) in combination with the Mark VI chest give a classic spartan II look (maybe it’s because most other chests look weak?).

> While we’re at it, how come the Mk. VI shoulders are wrong? The proportions and shape are all out of whack.

It seems like 343 wanted to make sure the shoulders of MJOLNIR wouldn’t restrict a Spartan’s range of movement, thus why the Mark VI’s shoulders were redesigned and why you don’t see large shoulder pads. At least, nothing like the size of the Security shoulder pieces from both Halo 3 and Reach.

> > While we’re at it, how come the Mk. VI shoulders are wrong? The proportions and shape are all out of whack.
>
> It seems like 343 wanted to make sure the shoulders of MJOLNIR wouldn’t restrict a Spartan’s range of movement, thus why the Mark VI’s shoulders were redesigned and why you don’t see large shoulder pads. At least, nothing like the size of the Security shoulder pieces from both Halo 3 and Reach.

Umm, they are larger than the Halo 2/3 shoulders were. They also don’t protect the bicep part of the arm like the armor did in Halo 2,3 and Reach. The protection they offered didn’t restrict movement, while the upside down V part did to a small extent.

Also, I want my Spartan’s belt back. I’m going to keep mentioning that until it happens.

I wish my emblem could be larger…

> The Enforcer helmet works well, I think.
>
> It looks a lot like the Grenadier helmet Jorge wore in Reach.

Yep.

> > > While we’re at it, how come the Mk. VI shoulders are wrong? The proportions and shape are all out of whack.
> >
> > It seems like 343 wanted to make sure the shoulders of MJOLNIR wouldn’t restrict a Spartan’s range of movement, thus why the Mark VI’s shoulders were redesigned and why you don’t see large shoulder pads. At least, nothing like the size of the Security shoulder pieces from both Halo 3 and Reach.
>
> Umm, they are larger than the Halo 2/3 shoulders were. They also don’t protect the bicep part of the arm like the armor did in Halo 2,3 and Reach. The protection they offered didn’t restrict movement, while the upside down V part did to a small extent.
>
> Also, I want my Spartan’s belt back. I’m going to keep mentioning that until it happens.

Shoulder armor does protect the bicep, look closer. It’s more apparent when wearing skinned armor that has the pattern on the bicep as well.

OT- I think the Enforcer and the Commando helm give that SII look. Paired wth MK VI torso but I’m not too sure about the shoulders.

I’m all for bringing back the belt. The new armor just looks incomplete without it. Also, I think that the undersuit colors really ruin the whole spartan look. I always wondered why certain spartans in campaign had the black undersuit, while we have the weird looking colored undersuit; we can’t even change the color of it either (armor detail from Halo 3 anyone?).

Best classic-themed armors:

• Mark VI
  • Air Assault
  • Recon
  • Recruit
  • EOD
  • EVA

Power ranger “WTF is that?!” armors:

• Venator
  • Engineer
  • Operator
  • Tracker
  • Oceanic
  • FOTUS
  • LOCUS
  • Wetwork
  • Pioneer

In general, the specialization armors are awful except for a handful of individual pieces. Your best bet is to stick with a mix of Mark VI and Air Assault for the most classic look.

Edit: here’s a link for reference. All Halo 4 armor.

> > > While we’re at it, how come the Mk. VI shoulders are wrong? The proportions and shape are all out of whack.
> >
> > It seems like 343 wanted to make sure the shoulders of MJOLNIR wouldn’t restrict a Spartan’s range of movement, thus why the Mark VI’s shoulders were redesigned and why you don’t see large shoulder pads. At least, nothing like the size of the Security shoulder pieces from both Halo 3 and Reach.
>
> Umm, they are larger than the Halo 2/3 shoulders were. They also don’t protect the bicep part of the arm like the armor did in Halo 2,3 and Reach. The protection they offered didn’t restrict movement, while the upside down V part did to a small extent.
>
> Also, I want my Spartan’s belt back. I’m going to keep mentioning that until it happens.

The problem with this is that the Spartan can not raise they arms fully upwards. At the most, the Spartan could only raise them so that the arms would be at 180 degree angle.

And the armor does protect the bicep. The shoulder pad itself doesn’t; not a whole lot of shoulder variants in Halo do.

> > > > While we’re at it, how come the Mk. VI shoulders are wrong? The proportions and shape are all out of whack.
> > >
> > > It seems like 343 wanted to make sure the shoulders of MJOLNIR wouldn’t restrict a Spartan’s range of movement, thus why the Mark VI’s shoulders were redesigned and why you don’t see large shoulder pads. At least, nothing like the size of the Security shoulder pieces from both Halo 3 and Reach.
> >
> > Umm, they are larger than the Halo 2/3 shoulders were. They also don’t protect the bicep part of the arm like the armor did in Halo 2,3 and Reach. The protection they offered didn’t restrict movement, while the upside down V part did to a small extent.
> >
> > Also, I want my Spartan’s belt back. I’m going to keep mentioning that until it happens.
>
> The problem with this is that the Spartan can not raise they arms fully upwards. At the most, the Spartan could only raise them so that the arms would be at 180 degree angle.
>
> And the armor does protect the bicep. The shoulder pad itself doesn’t; not a whole lot of shoulder variants in Halo do.

I’m seriously confused. If you can move your arm so that it goes substantially past 180 degrees, that’s good for you, but there’s no point in designing an armor that allows your arms to twirl around like windmills. If anything, it would be good to design it so it stops at a point that is still flexible, but doesn’t allow the user to overextend. The Mk. VI shoulders did that. Your limbs won’t break if the armor won’t let them bend that way.

My point remains, there are many unprotected areas on most of the Gen2 armor designs. More so than any from the first generation. Many of these areas leave the undersuit open and exposed for seemingly no reason other than aesthetics. The shoulders and biceps aren’t as exposed as I thought they were before I looked up model references that had clear definition between the undersuit and armor. However, the overall loss of armor and protection is not worth the tradeoff of slightly more flexibility, and the ability to overextend and dislocate bones.

I kinda like some of the new armor designs. Recon looks godly IMO

I think i got it. Use the CIO torso, Infiltrator shoulders (either that or air assault, i just though the infiltrator ones looked better), recruit forearms (the mark 6 are just too goofy looking), over locking legs, and for the helmet i went air assault cuz i hated the way the mark 6 in mm looked. I was pissed they didnt let you go with the campaign mchief mark 6, but whatev.

Anyway I think that looks like what the old school mark 5 would look like in the 343verse halo.

> > While we’re at it, how come the Mk. VI shoulders are wrong? The proportions and shape are all out of whack.
>
> Agreed. Also (though a small detail but kind of annoying to me) when they remodeled Master Chief’s armor, why does he not have Mark VI armor that looks like the multiplayer Mark VI armor?

MC’s Mark VI was modified by nano bots while he was frozen in the Forward Unto Dawn (Cortana doesn’t mention this because she didn’t have to do, it is an update protocol, as said in “Glasslands”), so that’s why it looks so different from the Vanilla Mark VI.

See I was just thinking recruit helmet, mark vi chest, infiltrator shoulders… Recruit forearms, overlocking legs. With legendary visor and the classic green color would look sort of like a classic spartan two.