Armor colors not fully customizable?

While watching the preview yesterday, I noticed the armor customization menu was a little thin and low on options. I appreciate most of the things they added, for sure. But I noticed they had preset armor colors in various materials or camos as different selections rather than just letting us pick our colors and materials personally. It reminded me instantly of Destiny’s “armor shaders” and I got real worried about that.
Does anyone know how this is really going to be? Would preset colors be okay or does that seem bothersome? I would love to know.

I don’t like customization being taken away, especially if you need to buy colors. We’ll see what happens but so far this looks like a huge detriment.

> 2533274875412897;2:
> I don’t like customization being taken away, especially if you need to buy colors. We’ll see what happens but so far this looks like a huge detriment.

I hope it ends up being the materials presets and just let us change the colors afterward. Like some accents were very reflective while others were a matt color.
They talked a lot about “your spartan in the world” and having it tie into the story. I have my own story behind my spartan and a color scheme to match. I’d hate to have to reinvent that for this new generation. Time will tell.

This has been known since last year, in the first inside infinite the devs talk about how they took player choice to make it easier for them to make skins.

> 2533274847845259;4:
> This has been known since last year, in the first inside infinite the devs talk about how they took player choice to make it easier for them to make skins.

They couldn’t just make the camos and materials and let us color them ourselves? That kinda smells.
I guess I just have to hope my favorite colors are in the right places when I put a skin on or wait for it to be added in the next season.

> 2533274855413187;5:
> > 2533274847845259;4:
> > This has been known since last year, in the first inside infinite the devs talk about how they took player choice to make it easier for them to make skins.
>
> They couldn’t just make the camos and materials and let us color them ourselves? That kinda smells.
> I guess I just have to hope my favorite colors are in the right places when I put a skin on or wait for it to be added in the next season.

thats the part that sucks, now you have to hope a 343 dev makes the skin you like

> 2533274847845259;6:
> > 2533274855413187;5:
> > > 2533274847845259;4:
> > > This has been known since last year, in the first inside infinite the devs talk about how they took player choice to make it easier for them to make skins.
> >
> > They couldn’t just make the camos and materials and let us color them ourselves? That kinda smells.
> > I guess I just have to hope my favorite colors are in the right places when I put a skin on or wait for it to be added in the next season.
>
> thats the part that sucks, now you have to hope a 343 dev makes the skin you like

The last thing I want to see out of this is a list of about 20 coatings and they’re all the same colors just in different places and none of them are exactly right for me. Either way, the game looks fun and I’m still going to play it. It just might feel a little off for a while.