Armor Color in War Games

I’ve never really liked the red and blue colors for the armor in multiplayer. Usually the maps color gives one team a distinct advantage (such as blue team on any green/ grey environment). I think it would be a lot cooler if your primary color stayed the same, but the secondary/ lights on the armor changed to what team you where on, this way the armor color you choose isn’t replaced by a completely red/ blue repaint and players could choose their primary color to camouflage with the map, adding a little new bit of strategy into the game.

What does everyone else think?

I personally think that idea is a little excessive. If you could change your primary colour, it would make it a bit too difficult to tell what team you’re on. Yeah, I know team mates would have arrows above their heads etc, but I still think it’s going a bit too far. I don’t think the colour advantage on some maps is really that big a deal, natural camouflage has never been a big part of Halo.

Having said that, it would be nice to have some personalisation. For Red and Blue teams, you should be able to customise all your spartan’s colours and visor, but from a reduced colour palette. So blue team colour are all blue and turquoise, red team gets red, maroon and lightish red. You can still easily identify which team you’re on, but it gives you some personalisation. This would get very confusing in multi team, so just revert to standard colours for that.

Plus my green visor looks terrible in red armour, it would be nice if I could change it to something else only in team games.

No, I don’t think this is a good idea for team games, would confuse people too much.

Maybe keep your secondary colour… That would be ok.

If the armor color’s were dark and gritty like they were in Halo Reach, it would look better.

I’ve always thought when playing COD that I wished they would just dress my team in red and get rid of all the names cluttering up my HUD

So I’m pro everyone looking identical have blue V red is fine for me

They’ll keep it Red vs Blue no matter even though I would like to see my own colours.

I’m also fine with R & B, if you want to show of your own armor colours play spartan ops co-op & the FFA games etc

I know the Red vs. Blue is iconic, but I wish we we were able to vote for the color of our team along with the map voting.

No because what if the person’s primary colour is blue and then they are on the red team?

The only thing I want to change about the Team colors is to have the Team Color Hues available to use as Armor Colors.

The Purple, Green, Blue and Orange aren’t available to use.

I like the idea that someone had a while ago, where you could choose what armor set and colors you would have depending on what team you got put on.

For example, you could choose to have (just picking things out of the blue) Scout armor, with a sunburst visor for red team, and you would have that whenever you got put on red team. If you got put on blue team, you’d have MARK IV, with a cyan visor.

Essentially, you can choose what armor permutations you wear for a certain team. It was a fantastic idea, and I hope 343i implements it in future games.

You’re kidding, right?

But seriously, we could maybe use the system used in Crysis 2 if you want your armor colors. The teams in that game were a little difficult to tell from a distance (White team [C.E.L.L.] and light tan team [Marines]), but there was a light digital/holographic coloring on your team mates. For the white team, your allies had blue tented holographic light while the tan team had yellow holographic lights. These lights are only visible to teammates, so you don’t have to worry about your position being given away in darkness.

Maybe these lights could shimmer over teammates’ armor? Red for red team and blue for blue.

The only true complication I see to this is your armor color: What if you’re so red or so blue that these shimmers are over powered? It just a spur of the moment thing and with no friendly fire it isn’t too much of a problem. It would just be a bit embarrassing if you were shooting the wrong person because you didn’t look hard enough.
Which in turn means you just gave away your and your teammates positions while wasting ammo on the wrong guy.

It’s just an idea, ponder on it if you wish…