Armor Augmentations

Items that:

-are picked up from the map
-physically attach to your Spartan’s armor
-modify his attributes in some way

The items would attach to your Spartan’s:

Boots, knees, thigh, belt, chest, elbow, hands, head, back

Boots - Gravity Boots - can run up certain walls with enough momentum

Knees - Sonic Pads - eliminate fall damage and emit a sonic blast who’s size is relative to the distance fallen

Thigh - Auxiliary Regenerator - reduces the time it takes for shields to begin recharging

Belt - Grenade Belt - gives the maximum amount of grenades

Chest - Armor Plate - reduces damage taken from body shots

Elbow - Repulsor - causes your melee to physically knock the recipient backward a mongoose length

Hands - Quantum Gloves - eliminates the delay between switching weapons

Head - Field Scanner - enemies within range appear on radar even when crouching or standing still

Back - Sling - can carry 3 weapons

All of these sound ridiculously over-powered.

this is genius

This is up there with terrible ideas like bringing back the CE magnum and making a load of useless playlists in Reach.

Halo is about everyone start off with the same perks as each other. Not giving one guy a faster reload time, or putting a red dot on your rifle. Please for the love of god stop trying to make Halo something it isn’t!

nah,its way overpowered and even further screwing up any equipment system whatsoever

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

> All of these sound ridiculously over-powered.

Could you elaborate on this. Pick one and tell me why you think it is overpowered so I may have to chance to adjust it if I find your claim to be valid.

<strong>* Post edited by moderator. Do not insult or flame other members, as per the Waypoint Forum Rules. Keep it clean! *</strong>

> this is genius

It’s nice to be appreciated. Thank you for your support.

> Could you elaborate on this. Pick one and tell me why you think it is overpowered so I may have to chance to adjust it if I find your claim to be valid.

Gladly.

Running up walls? This is Halo, not Matrix. Halo is competitive in gameplay; if you’re in the middle of fighting and chicken out, all you have to do is run up a wall, an unfair advantage that the other player may not have.

I guess eliminating fall damage isn’t so bad, but to emit said “Sonic boom” to a size relative to the distance fallen? You could be at the highest point of a map, jump from the top, land undamaged, and you could end up Sonic Booming someone which will probably cause the player to rage quit. Halo’s meant to be fun as well as competitive. The advantage is all for the player falling.

The thigh thing regenerating your shields. Is there even any point in this other to annoy other players? You could win a little fight with your shields depleted, and charge them up again a second later when coincidently another player walks around the corner. Unfair advantage, there’s nothing difficult about taking cover for 5 seconds and waiting for your shields to regenerate.

Grenade belt? Everyone could start off with two grenades each, but no, you pick this thing up and get an additional two grenades to add to your collection, and this can cause the player to grenade spam; unfair advantage.

Chest plate? Reducing damage? Okay, take for instance; The Assault Rifle takes nearly a full ammo clip to kill another Spartan/Elite in Halo 3, if you’re reducing the damage you’re just going to eventually burn through one clip and get killed before you can load another one, and yet, the player with the Chest Plate will still remain alive. You can’t compare this to an Overshield because that just adds an additional layer of Shields, and even then, it depletes by itself eventually.

Elbow thing? Heck no. It’s one thing to be a Super Soldier, it’s another thing to physically move someone half way across a room like you’re on Steroids.

Hands? What’s the point of this!? It takes a second to switch between weapons, what’s no delay going to do to make a difference?

Head? What’s the point? You won’t know what the enemy is armed with anyway; people only tend to crouch when they have a power weapon and are being wary or if they’re camping. All you will see is a little red dot on your Motion Sensor with no capability of knowing what they have unless they are in your sights anyway.

Carrying three weapons just destroys a Halo tradition of carrying two weapons. You could hog three power weapons and the advantage is all yours.

Think of it like this, this is Halo, not CoD where you can give yourself advantages and disadvantages, this is Halo where everyone starts off equal and we all have to fight for everything. With all these “Armour Augmentations”, it’ll be as insane and ridiculous as CoD’s multiplayer.

Running up walls? This is Halo, not Matrix. Halo is competitive in gameplay; if you’re in the middle of fighting and chicken out, all you have to do is run up a wall, an unfair advantage that the other player may not have.

If a wall is joined perpendicularly to the ground it cannot be run up. In forerunner architecture some walls would be joined to the ground by a small quarter pipe. These are the walls that can be run up. Gravity Boots are like Jetpack in the fact that they allow you to be mobile on the Z-axis but only in approved locations.

I guess eliminating fall damage isn’t so bad, but to emit said “Sonic boom” to a size relative to the distance fallen? You could be at the highest point of a map, jump from the top, land undamaged, and you could end up Sonic Booming someone which will probably cause the player to rage quit. Halo’s meant to be fun as well as competitive. The advantage is all for the player falling.

How often do you fall from a great height? Jumping from the top of the Spire, jumping from the top to the bottom of sword base. There are not an abundance of situations that you can fall far enough to make the sonic blast useful. The sonic blast would not damage enemies, only stun them. Chances are if you see an enemy and have the height advantage that you will kill that enemy anyway with or without Sonic Pads.

The thigh thing regenerating your shields. Is there even any point in this other to annoy other players? You could win a little fight with your shields depleted, and charge them up again a second later when coincidently another player walks around the corner. Unfair advantage, there’s nothing difficult about taking cover for 5 seconds and waiting for your shields to regenerate.

The point of this is to force the enemy to continually attack and not let up. You do not activate your shield recharge, they recharge automatically. They just begin recharging sooner than they would have. Most encounters end with one player dead before the others’ shields can recharge so this won’t affect most encounters.

Grenade belt? Everyone could start off with two grenades each, but no, you pick this thing up and get an additional two grenades to add to your collection, and this can cause the player to grenade spam; unfair advantage.

The grenade belt is akin to a power weapon. It gives you lots of grenades so you should spam them. It is no different from picking up a big pile of grenades which maps already have.

Chest plate? Reducing damage? Okay, take for instance; The Assault Rifle takes nearly a full ammo clip to kill another Spartan/Elite in Halo 3, if you’re reducing the damage you’re just going to eventually burn through one clip and get killed before you can load another one, and yet, the player with the Chest Plate will still remain alive. You can’t compare this to an Overshield because that just adds an additional layer of Shields, and even then, it depletes by itself eventually.

In Halo, when using the utility weapon, the only headshot that matters is the last one. There is no difference between 4 body shots + 1 head shot or 5 straight headshots. The Armor Plate would add a greater skill gap by rewarding headshots before the last one.

Elbow thing? Heck no. It’s one thing to be a Super Soldier, it’s another thing to physically move someone half way across a room like you’re on Steroids.

A mongoose length is not that far. This item would work well on a location like the top of the teleporter on Damnation. Your melee can push an enemy off. The player who acquires the Repulsor then positions himself where it would give him the greatest advantage is playing smart, like grabbing a Sniper Rifle and going to a good sniper perch.

Hands? What’s the point of this!? It takes a second to switch between weapons, what’s no delay going to do to make a difference?

If it makes no difference than how is it overpowered? I imagine the kill times to be faster in Halo 4 than Reach so this would make a bigger difference. I remember I was playing Zero Bloom slayer, I bodyshotted someone with the Sniper, switched to my DMR for the lethal headshot and was barely able to get it off before the enemy 5 shotted me. This would help alleviate that problem.

Head? What’s the point? You won’t know what the enemy is armed with anyway; people only tend to crouch when they have a power weapon and are being wary or if they’re camping. All you will see is a little red dot on your Motion Sensor with no capability of knowing what they have unless they are in your sights anyway.

It helps you flush out campers. Knowing where an enemy is hiding is a large part of the battle. This item helps you find them. No you don’t know what weapon they are holding due to this item but you may know because they killed your buddy with an Energy Sword and he called it out.

Carrying three weapons just destroys a Halo tradition of carrying two weapons. You could hog three power weapons and the advantage is all yours.

You can carry a ripped off turret and two weapons. Is that not Halo? If you were able to secure 2 power weapons, let alone 3, then the enemy team is not doing their job and they deserve to lose those weapons.

Think of it like this, this is Halo, not CoD where you can give yourself advantages and disadvantages, this is Halo where everyone starts off equal and we all have to fight for everything. With all these “Armour Augmentations”, it’ll be as insane and ridiculous as CoD’s multiplayer.

These items spawn on the map and need to be fought for. I’m honestly not sure how you think its anything like CoD other than you don’t like Cod and you don’t like these ideas.

Thank you for your well explained response. Posts that consist only of the word “dumb” do not help me understand the qualms people have with the ideas. Once again thanks for taking the time to address the issues you have.

While attritubte modifying armor pieces does sound like a really sweet idea,why find them on the map as opposed to earning them for purchase as with Reach? And yeah, no offense, but I don’t want rediculous things like wall walking or overpowered stuff, either. Just simple stuff that as you earn it, or leading up to earning better pieces that can actually help shift/adjust/improve your gameplay style because at least then you can pick and chose what works best for your improvement needs.

No, just no. Absolutely not.
This is way over the top, might as well make a whole new game, halo at least is realistically and hypothetically possible, this however, is not.
Not even the covenant have anything near as sophisticated as “gravity boots”, and they have been imitating forerunner technology for eons.
The only thing they have are lifts that manipulate gravity.
Just way over the top, again, just please no. Gameplay should at least somewhat stick by Canon.

I appreciate your creativity, but try being realistic concerning the halo universe with your ideas.

> No, just no. Absolutely not.
> This is way over the top, might as well make a whole new game, halo at least is realistically and hypothetically possible, this however, is not.
> Not even the covenant have anything near as sophisticated as “gravity boots”, and they have been imitating forerunner technology for eons.
> The only thing they have are lifts that manipulate gravity.
> Just way over the top, again, just please no. Gameplay should at least somewhat stick by Canon.
>
> I appreciate your creativity, but try being realistic concerning the halo universe with your ideas.

Actually this could be realistic (relatively speaking within in a video game) in the Halo universe. We’re going to a forerunner construct, chalk filled with enemy forerunner and their tech. The forerunners were ridiculously advanced. Who’s to say they couldn’t have invented some of this technology and it couldn’t be readily available on this Halo construct which seemingly will have a bountiful of forerunner enemies?

The covenant were imitators of forerunner technology and didn’t fully understand it but were able to make things such a gravity hammer that increases the blow of a hit by the use of some gravity affecting device and their transports themselves are defying gravity through use of some sort of repulsor lift technology. (ghost, banshees, wraiths, etc)

> > Could you elaborate on this. Pick one and tell me why you think it is overpowered so I may have to chance to adjust it if I find your claim to be valid.
>
> Gladly.
>
> Running up walls? This is Halo, not Matrix. Halo is competitive in gameplay; if you’re in the middle of fighting and chicken out, all you have to do is run up a wall, an unfair advantage that the other player may not have.
>
> I guess eliminating fall damage isn’t so bad, but to emit said “Sonic boom” to a size relative to the distance fallen? You could be at the highest point of a map, jump from the top, land undamaged, and you could end up Sonic Booming someone which will probably cause the player to rage quit. Halo’s meant to be fun as well as competitive. The advantage is all for the player falling.
>
> The thigh thing regenerating your shields. Is there even any point in this other to annoy other players? You could win a little fight with your shields depleted, and charge them up again a second later when coincidently another player walks around the corner. Unfair advantage, there’s nothing difficult about taking cover for 5 seconds and waiting for your shields to regenerate.
>
> Grenade belt? Everyone could start off with two grenades each, but no, you pick this thing up and get an additional two grenades to add to your collection, and this can cause the player to grenade spam; unfair advantage.
>
> Chest plate? Reducing damage? Okay, take for instance; The Assault Rifle takes nearly a full ammo clip to kill another Spartan/Elite in Halo 3, if you’re reducing the damage you’re just going to eventually burn through one clip and get killed before you can load another one, and yet, the player with the Chest Plate will still remain alive. You can’t compare this to an Overshield because that just adds an additional layer of Shields, and even then, it depletes by itself eventually.
>
> Elbow thing? Heck no. It’s one thing to be a Super Soldier, it’s another thing to physically move someone half way across a room like you’re on Steroids.
>
> Hands? What’s the point of this!? It takes a second to switch between weapons, what’s no delay going to do to make a difference?
>
> Head? What’s the point? You won’t know what the enemy is armed with anyway; people only tend to crouch when they have a power weapon and are being wary or if they’re camping. All you will see is a little red dot on your Motion Sensor with no capability of knowing what they have unless they are in your sights anyway.
>
> Carrying three weapons just destroys a Halo tradition of carrying two weapons. You could hog three power weapons and the advantage is all yours.
>
> Think of it like this, this is Halo, not CoD where you can give yourself advantages and disadvantages, this is Halo where everyone starts off equal and we all have to fight for everything. With all these “Armour Augmentations”, it’ll be as insane and ridiculous as CoD’s multiplayer.

Basically this ^

Your ideas are either horribly overpowered, or just horrible in general. And yes, I read your responses (coldFUSION) to what this guy said, and I still think that they’re horrible ideas that totally do not fit into Halo’s gameplay in any way at all. You think armour lock was annoying? Chasing a guy and having him run up a wall and away would be quite annoying as well. Hell, now that I think about it, it’s pretty much just another version of jetpack (destroys all map control). I’m not even going to bother commenting on the other stuff since SquiggilySquid did a good job at that already.

Am I the only who likes them? These seem like tactical equipment that teams should be fighting for a the start of the match, and not just spawning with them, like in Reach.

> This is up there with terrible ideas like bringing back the CE magnum and making a load of useless playlists in Reach.
>
> Halo is about everyone start off with the same perks as each other. Not giving one guy a faster reload time, or putting a red dot on your rifle. Please for the love of god stop trying to make Halo something it isn’t!

THIS.

> Actually this could be realistic (relatively speaking within in a video game) in the Halo universe. We’re going to a forerunner construct, chalk filled with enemy forerunner and their tech. The forerunners were ridiculously advanced. Who’s to say they couldn’t have invented some of this technology and it couldn’t be readily available on this Halo construct which seemingly will have a bountiful of forerunner enemies?
>
> The covenant were imitators of forerunner technology and didn’t fully understand it but were able to make things such a gravity hammer that increases the blow of a hit by the use of some gravity affecting device and their transports themselves are defying gravity through use of some sort of repulsor lift technology. (ghost, banshees, wraiths, etc)

“We’re going to a forerunner construct, chalk filled with enemy forerunner and their tech” - Source? Because I do not believe that to be correct, nor mentioned ever.

I know the forerunner were ridiculously advanced, but where are their gravity boots? If they existed, they would be well known through the halo universe. The covenant would have most likely have imitated it by now.
Also, the gravity hammer is no where near as complex as “gravity boots”, the gravity hammer simply manipulates gravity to push, or to pull. Not balance out perfectly and hover, and the ghosts and such run off “anti-gravity” systems, not repulsion. They aren’t some magical device that utilizes gravity to pure stability. There are vast differences between these things.

Even if they could make “gravity boots” they are absolutely impractical. Halo is relatively realistic in terms of futuristic space combat, the utilization of “gravity boots” would throw quite a bit off in the halo universe, and even if they did exist or are going to exist in the future, they would be exclusive to the covenant and forerunner. As humans aren’t that advanced and do not have access to the forerunner armory, so having them on spartans in multiplayer would be foolish, and not to mention the imbalances they would cause in multiplayer, absolutely destroying any recognition of halos flow, and pace of gameplay.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

> Thank you for your well explained response. Posts that consist only of the word “dumb” do not help me understand the qualms people have with the ideas. Once again thanks for taking the time to address the issues you have.

Well look, sorry man, but these are just my opinions. They are either over-powered or completley pointless. And no, I’m not just a simple CoD Hater and that everything in CoD should be burnt, but everything in CoD’s multiplayer is just ridiculous where you can give your self so many advantages.

Plus, I couldn’t exactly give you proper understanding as to why I dislike the ideas because your ideas aren’t very well explained; it’s difficult to explain something when you have a limited knowledge of someone’s idea.