Armor Aesthetics

I don’t know about the rest of you, but i’m hoping they add features that really immerse the player in the action. I was thinking that as your shields are recharging “drag flaps” can open up on your armor as if the shields are converting the damage to heat and then expelling it from the armor. Maybe when a grenade goes of too close to you, your visor has a quick flash of snow. These are just shots in the dark to make it feel like you’re actually behind a suit of hyper advanced shielding. What do you guys think?

Gets a no from me.

Not because it wouldn’t be cool, but I can’t stand unnecessary effects that impair my vision, and get me killed. Frustrating is the only word for it.

drag flaps would impair your vision? I agree about the grenade stuff though. Immersive, but ultimately annoying.

As much as I’d love stuff like that which make you feel like you’re behind the visor, many of the things that can do so inhibit gameplay. And there is a very fine balance that’d need to be acquired in order for it to be a success.

If stuff that effects vision and such is to be included it’d fit best in custom games as an option. Because it’d frustrate many people to no end.

As an option when you die your visor could be filled with static before showing your dead body so you have that feel of being in tech armor without it actually affecting game play.

One thing I’d really like to see is first person deaths. It wouldn’t effect gameplay and it’d help immerse you. Think about it, watching as your body goes limp and falls to the ground, maybe slams into a warthog or even watch as you go end over end off a cliff.

I don’t know exactly what 343 is doing to eliminate that ‘floating gun feeling’.

If you ask me, you can’t do anything to remove that feeling from an FPS. Flashy arrows on the HUD don’t cut it either.

> I don’t know exactly what 343 is doing to eliminate that ‘floating gun feeling’.
>
> If you ask me, you can’t do anything to remove that feeling from an FPS. Flashy arrows on the HUD don’t cut it either.

This is true. The only fps I know of that gets rid of the floating gun feeling is KZ2. Naturally people hated the feeling of weighted guns. I loved it, but the mainstream masses weren’t kind about it. My only gripe with first person deaths is that i lol a lot when i’m blasted around after i’m dead.

Maybe, I ain’t entirely overjoyed with how annoying that would eventually get.

That would be very annoying.

Um…I don’t see how drag flaps in the armor or moving parts would be annoying. I think it would look awsome to see players landing from a long drop, have parts of the armor on their legs react as if, dispersing the impact force. I’d also like it if some of the armor parts, like the little cam or scope on the side of the helmet actually had a function. I dunno what function, but just something. Spartans are wearing ultra advanced, expensive armor. It’d be cool if it felt more like it.

No. I don’t agree. Too goofy in my sense, it would be fun, but the idea is a little usless and would take up UN needed time, but good idea