Armor Abilities

I found the Jet pack the most useful due to getting places up higher to good sniping spots.

Sprint came in handy to me quite often. I used it to make quick escapes and navigate multiplayer maps in an instant.

Armor lock, if youre good at timing it right, you can blow up a ghost charging at you or bounce back a plasma grenade

I will simply say, there is a reason armor lock didn’t make it past Halo: Reach

I enjoy active camo the most

camooo

I only need and use sprint

i like evade

I can’t really choose a “best” since they’re all useful at a certain point. I’d dare say they’re pretty balanced. :stuck_out_tongue:

I usually skip Jet Pack, personally, because it presents a lot of vulnerability that I don’t deal well with. I like the Exodus mission, up to the point where you’re forced to take that. It’s a lot less useful than Armor Lock for handling plasma grenades…

I’ve never found a use for Hologram, either. Most enemies seem too smart for anything less than Active Camo. Is there something I’m missing here?

I sprint. I always sprint.

I only use sprint or jetpack. Hellen Keller wouldn’t be fooled by a hologram, active camo is way worse than it was in previous games (And I just find it annoying), armor lock is literally the most annoying thing in the game, and you rarely find drop shield (Which isn’t as good as the bubble shield, even though it can regen health) or evade (Which I actually do really like) outside of Invasion, which I don’t play.

> 2535449371625876;9:
> I’ve never found a use for Hologram, either. Most enemies seem too smart for anything less than Active Camo. Is there something I’m missing here?

There is 100% chance you ‘scare’ the A.I. if you activate it close enough and when you do that with Elites or Brutes, they become angry, now for Elites it’s an easy assassination because they can’t break both animations (surprise and anger but they can melee between them) and for Brutes an easier kill since they don’t evade anything when they target someone.

Usually Rangers and Spec Ops are only surprised but never roar but those Rangers in the Long Night of Solace’s comms room don’t and behave like normal Elites.

EDIT : not only the hologram, spawning next to the enemy is the same, don’t spawn near a bunch of Elites in firefight.

I think it all comes down to what type of a weapon you have and the map. Obviously, jet pack is very useful in maps where you can take high ground, because it puts you in an advantage over your enemy. In maps where you are usually on the ground, it just makes you an easy target for everyone if you use the jetpack, so a sprint is more useful. Evade is not that bad either. I never really did use hologram, not many experienced players fall for it. There are instances where you can tactically use it, but not at all times.

> 2533274964556797;12:
> There is 100% chance you ‘scare’ the A.I. if you activate it close enough and when you do that with Elites or Brutes, they become angry, now for Elites it’s an easy assassination because they can’t break both animations (surprise and anger but they can melee between them) and for Brutes an easier kill since they don’t evade anything when they target someone.

So it doesn’t necessarily fool them, but it does slow them down a bit. I might set up a “low punishment” custom firefight and play with it a bit.

> 2533274832402841;13:
> I think it all comes down to what type of a weapon you have and the map.

Yes, and certain combinations work well. I’ve found Jet Pack works great with explosives: You get a chance at a direct hit without sacrificing the splash damage if you do miss. Evade is pretty effective with the sword or hammer, once you’re used to the timing. (It closes range faster than sprint can, but you can’t attack until the roll is done.) Active Camo works well with the sniper rifle of course, but it’s also good for making surprise GL+Pistol attacks. (Thinking about it, I’ve never tried a charged plasma pistol while cloaked, will AI notice this?)

> 2535449371625876;14:
> So it doesn’t necessarily fool them

I never use the hologram for that, always to ‘stun’ Elites (Brutes are already easy to stun and kill with a single Plasma Pistol) but maybe you can stop an Elite/Brute berserk with one if the hologram is the only target.

I always liked the drop shield and jet pack

I loved the jet pack, Armourlock and sprint the most.

None of them are for say, the best, its just that they are all useful in different scenarios. I have to pick sprint though because it can be used all the time and be useful.