Armor Abilities should mimic the books...

So I posted a response in another forum that asked if AA’s should be in Halo 4. I suggested something instead of actually answering. So my answer is yes, but only if they mimic what Mjölnir armor can do in the books. What if you could cycle through what AA’s you wanted to use instead of just being limited to one ability. In the books Mjölnir allows Spartans to use active camouflage, they can run and jump. So what do you think about having all the AA’s instead of having to choose them from the load out menu? Use the D-pad to cycle through, Active Camo, Sprint, Evade and the Jet Pack. And bring the H3 jump ability back by having to double tap the jump button or by holding the jump button down to build up for a “super jump”. In the books Mjölnir is able to do all of those things and personally being able to do them in the game would bring a realism to the gameplay that I haven’t seen yet. What do you think??

EDIT: After finishing Glasslands I forgot that Lucy was a Spartan-III and didn’t have Mjölnir. She wore the SPI which could boost their camouflaging properties. So to that I concede. As for the Jet Pack, as far as I know it hasn’t been used outside of the Reach game so it could be done away with. But the “super jump” from H3 that is mentioned in the books and I would very much like to see it return in H4. So then that leaves being able to cycle through AA’s like Sprint, Evade and the Halo 3 “super jump”. Which are all part of what Mjölnir armor can do in the books. Making it more canon than having Active Camo, Armor Lock, Hologram and Jet Pack. Now what do you think?

From a canon perspective, nice thinking (with some misconceptions). But from a gameplay perspective, that idea absolutely sucks. Being able to sprint, evade, go invisible, and fly at the same time would literally break the game. Double jump just isn’t a very good idea either, it hinders map movement from design perspective.

About those canon mistakes, in reality Spartans are only able to evade and sprint. Mjolnir doesn’t have integrated Jetpack or Active Camoflage. Even the so called “Jetpack” in the Halo 4 trailer was just a small thruster pack, not an actual Jetpack.

> From a canon perspective, nice thinking (with some misconceptions). But from a gameplay perspective, that idea absolutely sucks. Being able to sprint, evade, go invisible, and fly at the same time would literally break the game. Double jump just isn’t a very good idea either, it hinders map movement from design perspective.
>
> About those canon mistakes, in reality Spartans are only able to evade and sprint. Mjolnir doesn’t have integrated Jetpack or Active Camoflage. Even the so called “Jetpack” in the Halo 4 trailer was just a small thruster pack, not an actual Jetpack.

lol, obviously not at the same time, canonically, the power needed for the mjolnir to do that would just cause a breakdown.

Active camo can work. Look at the arbiter, he had camo at will in h2. But of course it would need to be a tool not a game mechanic. The main idea sounds cool as long as no one starts with something another player cannot have. Everybody starts the same and you have a very balanced Multiplayer

> From a canon perspective, nice thinking (with some misconceptions). But from a gameplay perspective, that idea absolutely sucks. Being able to sprint, evade, go invisible, and fly at the same time would literally break the game. Double jump just isn’t a very good idea either, it hinders map movement from design perspective.
>
> About those canon mistakes, in reality Spartans are only able to evade and sprint. <mark>Mjolnir doesn’t have integrated Jetpack or Active Camoflage</mark>. Even the so called “Jetpack” in the Halo 4 trailer was just a small thruster pack, not an actual Jetpack.

It said in the instruction booklet that Kat modified them so Noble Team could use them.