Armor Abilities ruined reach.

In Halo 2, it was a tactical advantage to have the sniper tower in lockout; jetpacks nullified that.

All the cool spots you could get to only in a banshee were also ruined by the jetpack.

Armor lock is hideous, and the saddest part to me is how it disgraces the plasma grenade. Man, I love the plasma grenade. And watching the one, possibly most signature quirky halo weapon bounce off someone after they’ve been stuck is possibly the most disappointing thing in the game.

Hologram has its pluses, and sprint helps speed things up; at least camo is counterable.

But as a whole, we can all agree that AA’s were the bane of serious matchmaking in reach. Whenever I play reach, it just makes me wonder how good the game could have been. Lord knows it’s better than whatever 343 made into Halo 4.

It’s worth remembering AA’s are optional. You can make a custom without them, and there even used to be a dedicated ‘classic’ playlist (which wasn’t very popular).

Although I like* them overall I wish 343 would add some game-types without them for those who don’t. Even just for variety.

Don’t get me started on Halo4.

Except when someone is using armour lock ‘tanking’ with their teammate; it’s almost impossible to counter especially if you are out numbered. Seriously we should have a gentleman’s agreement against that. Or it should earn you the achievement "Chicken sht"

If anything, loadouts ruined Reach more than AA’s. They were just spammed endlessly.

I can agree with the AA part.
If it was a bit more balanced(game) such as the Elites vs Spartans or Armour lock and jetpack, Halo reach could have been one of the best games.
Oh, and map design.

> <mark>If anything, loadouts ruined Reach more than AA’s.</mark> They were just spammed endlessly.

At least they’re not custom loadouts like in Halo 4.

In my opinion their better than halo 4’s abilities, I mean at least your shields are recharged when ur in armor lock, in h4 that shield thing doesn’t help at all! Ur shields don’t recharge, they can get you from the back, and grenades still do damage!

> In my opinion their better than halo 4’s abilities, I mean at least your shields are recharged when ur in armor lock, in h4 that shield thing doesn’t help at all! Ur shields don’t recharge, they can get you from the back, and grenades still do damage!

To be fair, that shield in Halo 4 is powered by your energy shields. Keeps it form being over-powered, yet the thing wound up useless. I’d rather have a useless ability no one ever uses than an overpowered, vehicle destroying, shield-stripping, plasma grenade un-sticking, atrocity such as armor lock. It’s the worst. And I’m in between matches in Reach right now, I have nothing against the game except for armor lock.

How many game types are currently available in Reach that do not include AL or JP?

What game types are currently and consistently the most/least populated?

My old Mercedes was great, I loved it even though it had no Stereo system.
10/10

My new replacement Mercedes is the same except it does have a Stereo system. However my passengers insist on playing music I don’t like. Therefore my new Mercedes is not as good as my old one. I blame the manufacturers.
1/10

I don’t think they “ruined” Halo. After 4 installments, Bungie was trying to do something new and different from what we’ve seen in Halo. Otherwise it would have been $60 for a new campaign and multiplayer maps. Can’t blame them for trying to do something different. I will say that Halo 4 was a step in the wrong direction because of how far they went with those new features. The only thing that really bothered me in Reach was the Warthog being turned into a glorified bumper car.