Armor Abilities Need Balance.

I am not here to argue the position of if armor abilities belong in halo or not. I am here so we can make them work properly. I have a few suggestions that make the choice of using an armor ability have pros and cons.

Jetpack - If you get shot while using your jetpack you should fall down immediately. This would lead to less people trying to rain down from above because they would get shot down potentially over an area which could lead to their death.

Hologram - Take away the players ability to shoot while their hologram is being projected. This would make you as useless as the hologram so if you use it your really hoping the opposing player falls for it.

Active Camo - While using active camo you should always appear on an opponents radar. This way someone who is using camo won’t be able to crouch to avoid detection. Although with the radar manipulating properties of the current active camo it is the most balanced armor ability.

Forerunner Vision - If someone is using an ability to find out where other people are on the map, they shouldn’t be able to move. This would give them the benifit of knowing the approximate location of the enemy but being locked into their current position while being vulnerable to damage.

Sprint - Until you are finished sprinting the timer on your shield recharge shouldn’t start. This way if you do decide to run around a corner away from someone you don’t get your shields back before they can sprint and catch you in your damaged state. This would lead to less people running away from encounters they are losing because their opponent can chase them knowing their shields won’t be coming back because they chose to run away.

Jetpack - People are trying to get fall damage removed, not much of a nerf.

Hologram - Holo needs a buff if anything else. Taking away the ability to shoot leaves you at a huge disadvantage (especially when you’re hoping they shoot it for at least for a moment) and nobody will ever use it.

Camo - You already show up on the radar, there’s just a lot of other dots around as well. We can even turn on the option of players always showing up on radar. Finding a camo player isn’t really that hard.

Forerunner Vision - You don’t know how it works yet.

Sprint - There are plenty of ways to balance out Sprint, taking away shield regeneration seems rather lame. You’ll also be able to still run away and let your shields start to recharge, if the other player comes running around the corner then their shields wouldn’t have had a chance to recover and they’ll be at a disadvantage. and frankly, if people played gametypes with health as part of the gameplay then running away won’t let them recover their health.

Why are you nerfing Hologram? It is the most useless AA in the game. It needs a massive boost.

Camo has become the most abused AA in the game. Full teams of four are running around as mobile radar jammers and they’re still hard to see. Asylum and Pinnacle are filled with Camo snipers. Easy solution? Camo jams your own radar but not your opponent who can always see you on radar, period.

Jet packing time just needs to be reduced so you can’t float forever.

Sprint is just fine. It’s the doyle melee’s that are bogus.

> Jetpack - People are trying to get fall damage removed, not much of a nerf.
>
> Hologram - Holo needs a buff if anything else. Taking away the ability to shoot leaves you at a huge disadvantage (especially when you’re hoping they shoot it for at least for a moment) and nobody will ever use it.
>
> Camo - You already show up on the radar, there’s just a lot of other dots around as well. We can even turn on the option of players always showing up on radar. Finding a camo player isn’t really that hard.
>
> Forerunner Vision - You don’t know how it works yet.
>
> Sprint - There are plenty of ways to balance out Sprint, taking away shield regeneration seems rather lame. You’ll also be able to still run away and let your shields start to recharge, if the other player comes running around the corner then their shields wouldn’t have had a chance to recover and they’ll be at a disadvantage. and frankly, if people played gametypes with health as part of the gameplay then running away won’t let them recover their health.

Jetpack - It wasn’t about fall damage, it was about map positioning.

Hologram - You don’t want people to use an AA as a crutch, if you are going to die you should die.

Camo - At the end I said camo was balanced enough already and remember these are just suggestions

Sprint - Health is not in H4. Exactly the battle would resume with both players with damaged shields except the person who tried to run would be facing away.

> > Jetpack - People are trying to get fall damage removed, not much of a nerf.
> >
> > Hologram - Holo needs a buff if anything else. Taking away the ability to shoot leaves you at a huge disadvantage (especially when you’re hoping they shoot it for at least for a moment) and nobody will ever use it.
> >
> > Camo - You already show up on the radar, there’s just a lot of other dots around as well. We can even turn on the option of players always showing up on radar. Finding a camo player isn’t really that hard.
> >
> > Forerunner Vision - You don’t know how it works yet.
> >
> > Sprint - There are plenty of ways to balance out Sprint, taking away shield regeneration seems rather lame. You’ll also be able to still run away and let your shields start to recharge, if the other player comes running around the corner then their shields wouldn’t have had a chance to recover and they’ll be at a disadvantage. and frankly, if people played gametypes with health as part of the gameplay then running away won’t let them recover their health.
>
> Jetpack - It wasn’t about fall damage, it was about map positioning.
>
> Hologram - You don’t want people to use an AA as a crutch, if you are going to die you should die.
>
> Camo - At the end I said camo was balanced enough already and remember these are just suggestions
>
> Sprint - Health is not in H4. Exactly the battle would resume with both players with damaged shields except the person who tried to run would be facing away.

When has Hologram EVER saved ANYONE from a death?

I’m glad you’re not in charge of armor abilities in Halo 4, OP… You are just making it unbalanced now.

Ahem… Now if I may intervene I would like to remind you that the POINT of AAs is to- enhance the player’s already apparent in-game capabilities. (That being said I will note that while AL contradicts this and possibly my next statement I will remind you that you most likely would not want me or anyone for that matter walking/jumping around in AL…)

Now then onto the main point… These are terrible ideas… Saying that you essentially cannot function while using an AA is… Mentally limited. You are essentially saying that if they are going to keep this in-game they might as well stop you from playing it at the same time.

While I am PROBABLY wrong- I feel that Halo 4 will likely have AAs like FV (Forerunner Vision) that don’t necessarily physically help you during a battle but will help you in small (though worthwhile) ways. Now THAT being said- an AA that doesn’t help you fight (FV, Holorgram, Invis ((in a way)) ) SHOULDN’T literally stop you from being able to battle.