Armor Abilities CAN'T be in Halo 4...

They were only made for Spartan-III’s and the Covenant destroyed the data on them, when they glassed Reach. Not to mention it wouldn’t make any sense at all for Master Chief to suddenly have AA’s along with any other characters we may encounter in Halo 4…So, if 343i does put AA’s in Halo 4, I won’t only be sorely disappointed…it’d also break canon.

They were made for MJOLNIR MARK V, it wouldn’t make any sence. Also, i simply don’t want AA’s in Halo 4.

> They were only made for Spartan-III’s and the Covenant destroyed the data on them, when they glassed Reach. Not to mention it wouldn’t make any sense at all for Master Chief to suddenly have AA’s along with any other characters we may encounter in Halo 4…So, if 343i does put AA’s in Halo 4, I won’t only be sorely disappointed…it’d also break canon.

Okay, here’s the truth about Armor abilities: Bungie hinted that the possible reason these don’t show up in future games is because Reach got glass, but as far as I know, this was never made canon.

You really doing need a special module to run faster or evade. These were gameplay mechanics. The same can be said of the other armor abilities.

> They were only made for Spartan-III’s

Jorge.

> Also, i simply don’t want AA’s in Halo 4.

Yeah, I don’t want them in Halo 4 either.

> > They were only made for Spartan-III’s
>
> Jorge.

haha, well you just blew that up

> > > They were only made for Spartan-III’s
> >
> > Jorge.
>
> haha, well you just blew that up

I didn’t even see Jorge use Armor Abilities during the campaign…? Even if it wasn’t only made for Spartan-III’s, the data on them was still destroyed on Reach when the Covenant glassed it. Haha, well I just blew that up…

> > > > They were only made for Spartan-III’s
> > >
> > > Jorge.
> >
> > haha, well you just blew that up
>
> I didn’t even see Jorge use Armor Abilities during the campaign…? Even if it wasn’t only made for Spartan-III’s, the data on them was still destroyed on Reach when the Covenant glassed it. Haha, well I just blew that up…

Armor Abilities are game mechanics more than anything. The canonical status of Armor abilities being “destroyed on Reach” has never been confirmed one way or another.

> > > > > They were only made for Spartan-III’s
> > > >
> > > > Jorge.
> > >
> > > haha, well you just blew that up
> >
> > I didn’t even see Jorge use Armor Abilities during the campaign…? Even if it wasn’t only made for Spartan-III’s, the data on them was still destroyed on Reach when the Covenant glassed it. Haha, well I just blew that up…
>
> Armor Abilities are game mechanics more than anything. The canonical status of Armor abilities being “destroyed on Reach” has never been confirmed one way or another.

I can totally live with “messed up canon” if armor abilities sink into obscurity, never to be seen again.

And on a side note, Jorge uses armor lock every now and then. Just play the part of Winter Contingency after the “zealot ambush” cutscene where you and him fight a bunch of Grunts and Jackals; Catch skull and/or legendary difficulty helps making him use AL more often.

Anyways, yeah, AAs are just gameplay elements, like Spartan shields in Halo Wars.

Jetpacks, Armor Lock, etc. are canon, but they aren’t things that you pick up and actually put in your armor. That would just be stupid if you can only run fast when you have an armor attachment :smiley:

The AAs themselves are canon, but the applications are purely for gameplay. And I’m fine with that.

All I know, is that I will just wait till it’s $20-$30.

Unfortunatly the halo universe already contradicts itself a million times.

I agree I don’t want AA’s in Halo 4 but I still think Sprint and maybe Evade can be a natural game mechanic though.

100% agreed no AAs for Halo 4 and same goes for bloom

John didn’t have armor abilities with him in UNSC Forward Unto Dawn. Unless he makes contact with other UNSC personnel, it wouldn’t make sense for him to get armor abilities, unless a Forerunner AI gives them to him.

Everybody please sign/support this thread http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/7389.aspx

> Unfortunatly the halo universe already contradicts itself a million times.

Which is why the back story and plot should be told within the games, not the stupid novels.

I really hope they wont be in Halo 4 even sprint screwed up gameplay in many ways.

> John didn’t have armor abilities with him in UNSC Forward Unto Dawn. Unless he makes contact with other UNSC personnel, it wouldn’t make sense for him to get armor abilities, unless a Forerunner AI gives them to him.

Armor abilities aren’t literally things attached to your armor. That is just for gameplay purposes. The Forward Unto Dawn could easily have jetpacks in storage, Master Chief can run, etc.

> > Unfortunatly the halo universe already contradicts itself a million times.
>
> Which is why the back story and plot should be told within the games, not the stupid novels.

The “stupid novels” are what made a lot of people even interested in the Haloverse because in the games you can’t experience as much of the Haloverse as in the novels. Almost every novel is great and rich in story because it doesn’t have to worry about putting it in a game. That puts a lot of restrictions on the Halo games. So, it’s really the other way around. The back story and plot should be told within the novels and the games can just fill in a portion of it. You honestly think you can fit the vast Haloverse into one game? Or even just one trilogy?