ARMOR ABILITIES ARE NOT THE END

Why is everyone freaking out about armor abilities?

Sure, they didnt have their greatest run in Reach, but there is hope with 343.

Maybe 343 saw the problems with the abilities and tried to balance them out. Take a positive approach to it. Maybe they will try and implement new ones that will improve gameplay and appeal to more people and will not be deemed useless because they cater to the less experienced and more liable to troll.

Just a thought. Maybe they took a bad thing and made it good.

Im not considered about AA honestly I think 343 did a sensational job of fixing up some of the AA in Halo Reach with the TU and I’m sure they’ll do fine with Halo 4 and of course there is always the vocal halo community to help out with this.

Sprint is already pushing it

Bring back jetpacks and Armor Lock and the rage your seeing now will pale in comparison.

No more taking a dump on map control, jumping should be enough. No more invincibility crutches for bad players, over shields are much more balanced.

Don’t even get me started on Camo. That should never be on spawn. Ever. If 343 believes otherwise, then Halo 4 needs to change direction. Fast.

The game can be accessible to casuals by being easy to pick up but hard to master. It doesn’t need any hand holding in the form of game mechanics because most don’t care about the details; only that they can enjoy the game.

I couldn’t care less about Armor Abilities being back. I am concerned about Loadouts being back, so right off the bat, players are not equal. Then, on top of this, CUSTOMIZABLE LOADOUTS? WTF is this CoD ish? Halo is about players starting off even, not with different abilities.

> Sprint is already pushing it
>
> Bring back jetpacks and Armor Lock and the rage your seeing now will pale in comparison.
>
> No more taking a dump on map control, jumping should be enough. No more invincibility crutches for bad players, over shields are much more balanced.
>
>
> Don’t even get me started on Camo. That should never be on spawn. Ever. If 343 believes otherwise, then Halo 4 needs to change direction. Fast.
>
>
> The game can be accessible to casuals by being easy to pick up but hard to master. It doesn’t need any hand holding in the form of game mechanics because most don’t care about the details; only that they can enjoy the game.

Maybe they addressed these problems.

But then again armor abilities might be toned down and sprinting might just be a default ability while armor abilities are something that can be picked up, who knows at this point.

> But then again armor abilities might be toned down and sprinting might just be a default ability while armor abilities are something that can be picked up, who knows at this point.

I’m praying that it is this, but absolutely no good can come from Custom Loadouts. None whatsoever, unless you can change the color of your BR or something.

I don’t get all this hate for armor abilities.

> I don’t get all this hate for armor abilities.

Do you even play Reach? AA’s as loadouts was the worst thing to ever be added to Halo. Players are supposed to spawn with equal weapons, equal grenades, and equal abilities.

> > But then again armor abilities might be toned down and sprinting might just be a default ability while armor abilities are something that can be picked up, who knows at this point.
>
> I’m praying that it is this, but absolutely no good can come from Custom Loadouts. None whatsoever, unless you can change the color of your BR or something.

Loadouts just might be the classification of weapons or something.

The gameplay vid said “BR Slayer” so it seemed pretty simple. People were sprinting. They shot each other with BRs. No invisibility, no armor lock, nothing.

No armor lock is a good start.

Shhh! If you keep this up, you might convince all the whiners to stay.

Armor Abilities should never come back. Sprint is pushing it.

> Shhh! If you keep this up, you might convince all the whiners to stay.

-Yoink!-! Youre right!

> > Shhh! If you keep this up, you might convince all the whiners to stay.
>
> -Yoink!-! Youre right!

lol because criticism = whining

> > > Shhh! If you keep this up, you might convince all the whiners to stay.
> >
> > -Yoink!-! Youre right!
>
> lol because criticism = whining

Anything = Whining.

People can be creative. lol

> > I don’t get all this hate for armor abilities.
>
> Do you even play Reach? AA’s as loadouts was the worst thing to ever be added to Halo. Players are supposed to spawn with equal weapons, equal grenades, and equal abilities.

Yes, I play Reach, and if I had to criticize it for something, it would be its disappointingly shallow story and characters, certainly not for its gameplay. I understand your point, but after all, everyone is given the EQUAL opportunity to choose the ability they find most useful, and let’s face it - it’s not difficult to learn a few tricks to counter most AAs. Even the infamous armor lock is not nearly as invincible and unfair as people say.

> I don’t get all this hate for armor abilities.

Well they did suck in Halo: Reach…

> > > I don’t get all this hate for armor abilities.
> >
> > Do you even play Reach? AA’s as loadouts was the worst thing to ever be added to Halo. Players are supposed to spawn with equal weapons, equal grenades, and equal abilities.
>
> Yes, I play Reach, and if I had to criticize it for something, it would be its disappointingly shallow story and characters, certainly not for its gameplay. I understand your point, but after all, everyone is given the EQUAL opportunity to choose the ability they find most useful, and let’s face it - it’s not difficult to learn a few tricks to counter most AAs. Even the infamous armor lock is not nearly as invincible and unfair as people say.

Its just simply common sense to not have an ability that supplies people with invincibility when they are on the brink of dying. And to have camo whenever they please.

> lol because criticism = whining

What we’re seeing on the forums is not simple criticism, and it is definitely not constructive criticism. People are actually choosing to leave the franchise based upon one video; that’s melodrama.

> Sprint is already pushing it
>
> Bring back jetpacks and Armor Lock and the rage your seeing now will pale in comparison.
>
> No more taking a dump on map control, jumping should be enough. No more invincibility crutches for bad players, over shields are much more balanced.
>
>
> Don’t even get me started on Camo. That should never be on spawn. Ever. If 343 believes otherwise, then Halo 4 needs to change direction. Fast.
>
>
> The game can be accessible to casuals by being easy to pick up but hard to master. It doesn’t need any hand holding in the form of game mechanics because most don’t care about the details; only that they can enjoy the game.

Part of the problem with map control was the design of the map itself. The maps in Reach were awful.

> > lol because criticism = whining
>
> What we’re seeing on the forums is not simple criticism, and it is definitely not constructive criticism. People are actually choosing to leave the franchise based upon one video; that’s melodrama.

People are just whining because there is one picture with a possible verification of an armor ability. And there has been confirmation of loadouts. It will not be like Call of Duty, people think it will be. Thats just ridiculous.

Leave the franchise? Off of one video? Thats pathetic. Now theyre just annoying.

People just suck lol.