Armor Abilities- A possible solution

Some of you like AA, some of you hate AA. Some say they’re balanced, others say they destroy gameplay. Well, this post may offer a solution for both sides, just keep reading and then discuss!

The first form of armor abilities started in Halo 3 (power drain, bubble shield, and others), one off the best Halo games to date (in my opinion). In Halo 3, you had to fight for these AA, and could only use them once. Simple and fair.

In Halo Reach loadouts were born (in a Halo game) and with those came the problems… AAs weren’t balanced and were completely overused.

And, of course, Halo 4 did no better (at least for me). There’s always a camo camper in every corner with a Boltshot. There is always some one flying with a mini sniper (aka DMR) and i could go on and on and on…

THE SOLUTION: What if you could only use your armor ability once every life?

Picture this: You start the game with your camo loadout. But you can only use your camo for 10 seconds each life. You use it all, you have to die to get some more, and no one likes to die (at least the people i know xD). Wouldn’t that help prevent some campers? Wouldn’t that help with the excessive use of AAs?

This can be used for any armor ability, it just needs to be tunned to every single one of them…

I really hope 343 is listening (to all posts, not just this one) but i know this wont be implemented in Halo 4. Do you think it’s a good idea for Halo 5? Can you see any flaw in this solution?

PS- sorry for grammar errors!

Fine idea, but completely counter to why AAs were made in the first place. I’d rather go the other way if AAs are going to be changed: make them map pick-up only, but re-usable once equipped and dropped upon death.

But I like them as is.

AA’s would actually be great as a map pick up.

Great idea I think it should be one ordinance drop per game to and one grenade per life

I would love AA as a pick up too (especially camo) but there are many gamers against that… The original idea would still let the players choose any AA but prevent the excessive use of it pleasing more people i think…

I;m still thinking of the put AA’s into ordinance, have them disappear with death and have a limited use once obtained idea. Really the only issues i see with current AA’s is the camo which should go back to a power up even though ive never really had much of a problem with it due to using thruster pack ( an AA if you didnt know) it still needs to be rid of and the jetpack DMR thing is just the usual DMR stuff if DMR was taken out as a loadout weapon then br would take its place unless it goes back to normal AR / magnum starts then that would solve a lot of problems you have with invisiblity and jetpack. 343’s AA’s are way more balanced just depends on how you use them.

To tell you the truth AAs should just be removed from the game because IMO they never add anything positive to gameplay especially that sprint is defualt. Promo Vision, Active Camo and Thruster Packs all feel OP and ruin balance. In reach I only used sprint and maybe hologram (out of respect for other players) and now that sprint is defualt I haven’t used a single AA in MP and it hasn’t changed anything especially considering my K/D is higher then most noobs who spam camo and promo vison

Why can’t we just get rid of Armor Abilities altogther since they’ve ruined the game? We don’t need them and we don’t want them. If Halo 2 had them, nobody would have played it, just like nobody played Reach or H4, comparably speaking. Look at the drop off in how many people have played Reach and Halo 4 compared to Halo 2 and Halo 3. In Halo 3, the equipment could be annoying, but it wasn’t a big deal, since not every single player on the map could have it. In Halo 2, it was perfect because there was just overshield and camo spawned on the map and you usually had to battle for it.

Armor abilities were a great addition to this game. Before AA this game was way to bland and boring.

I think this should be applied to a brand new gametype.
Everything is limited.

DMR / Magnum / 1 Frag / Thruster or Jetpack / Shielding / Dexterity .
After killing a player, you are awarded 5 bullets in your DMR and 6 in your Magnum. Otherwise, there is no method of getting more ammo.
That one Frag is all you get, there are no refills.

The AAs are tripled in usage, for example:
Thruster: 3 uses, then you’re done.
Jetpack: The Jetpack can be used for triple it’s average use-time.
But it does not recharge.
The only exception to this is Active Camo, which has it’s usual use-time.
But it also does not recharge.

All players have one life only.
Also, the motion sensor is degraded to a 10m radius, rather than 40m.
Any player who is completely out of ammo appears on the motion sensor whether they are moving or not.
There is no ordnance whatsoever.
There are no vehicles whatsoever, there are also no turrets.
Points are achieved solely through kills, 1 point per kill.
Players jump lower than usual, 90% would be good.
There is no fall damage, but gravity is increased, up to 150%.
Players also move faster, 120%.
There are 3 rounds, each lasting 6 minutes.
When the round is 1 minute from being over, a waypoint is placed over the head of each living player.

Obviously, this isn’t all so specific.
I would like for 343 to start getting more creative with their gametypes.
I think this would be a nice addition.
Just my thoughts… :stuck_out_tongue:

> I think this should be applied to a brand new gametype.
> Everything is limited.
>
> DMR / Magnum / 1 Frag / Thruster or Jetpack / Shielding / Dexterity .
> After killing a player, you are awarded 5 bullets in your DMR and 6 in your Magnum. Otherwise, there is no method of getting more ammo.
> That one Frag is all you get, there are no refills.
>
> The AAs are tripled in usage, for example:
> Thruster: 3 uses, then you’re done.
> Jetpack: The Jetpack can be used for triple it’s average use-time.
> But it does not recharge.
> The only exception to this is Active Camo, which has it’s usual use-time.
> But it also does not recharge.
>
> All players have one life only.
> Also, the motion sensor is degraded to a 10m radius, rather than 40m.
> Any player who is completely out of ammo appears on the motion sensor whether they are moving or not.
> There is no ordnance whatsoever.
> There are no vehicles whatsoever, there are also no turrets.
> Points are achieved solely through kills, 1 point per kill.
> Players jump lower than usual, 90% would be good.
> There is no fall damage, but gravity is increased, up to 150%.
> Players also move faster, 120%.
> There are 3 rounds, each lasting 6 minutes.
> When the round is 1 minute from being over, a waypoint is placed over the head of each living player.
>
> Obviously, this isn’t all so specific.
> I would like for 343 to start getting more creative with their gametypes.
> I think this would be a nice addition.
> Just my thoughts… :stuck_out_tongue:

That gametype does not sound good.