Armor Abilites on map...

Anyone else notice that there are map pick up AA’s?

Look closely as this guy spawns and moves forward right at the start of the match.
Linky.

EDIT: It’s at 2:37

> Here is a pic of the pickup message. (sorry about the quality)

You mean like what we’ve been able to do since Halo: CE?

> You mean like what we’ve been able to do since Halo: CE?

Really? How do you get Armor Abilities in CE? Please tell me.

> > You mean like what we’ve been able to do since Halo: CE?
>
> Really? How do you get Armor Abilities in CE? Please tell me.

Overshield and Camo. They’re pretty much the origin of AAs that have kept up in all Halo games (except ODST). It just wasn’t until Reach where you were given the option of having them as a Loadout or on the map as pickup.

I don’t see what you’re talking about OP. Besides the power weapon locations, and the flag location indicators, I don’t see anything about an AA pickup. :confused:

> > > You mean like what we’ve been able to do since Halo: CE?
> >
> > Really? How do you get Armor Abilities in CE? Please tell me.
>
> Overshield and Camo. They’re pretty much the origin of AAs that have kept up in all Halo games (except ODST). It just wasn’t until Reach where you were given the option of having them as a Loadout or on the map as pickup.

It’s nothing like CE and those were considered power ups. AA’s are tools just like grenades and firearms. Why are you being all smart when I’m simply trying to point something out that we haven’t seen before except in custom Reach matches?

> I don’t see what you’re talking about OP. Besides the power weapon locations, and the flag location indicators, I don’t see anything about an AA pickup. :confused:

It’s right when the game starts. He takes a step forward and the option to pick up the thruster pack pops up. You have to pause it to really see it. It happens pretty quick.

> > > > You mean like what we’ve been able to do since Halo: CE?
> > >
> > > Really? How do you get Armor Abilities in CE? Please tell me.
> >
> > Overshield and Camo. They’re pretty much the origin of AAs that have kept up in all Halo games (except ODST). It just wasn’t until Reach where you were given the option of having them as a Loadout or on the map as pickup.
>
> It’s nothing like CE and those were considered power ups. AA’s are tools just like grenades and firearms. Why are you being all smart when I’m simply trying to point something out that we haven’t seen before except in custom Reach matches?

Yeah, they were the origin of AAs and equipment. They’re just an evolution of them.

and don’t say “Custom Reach”, there are playlists in Reach that have AAs as pickup and matchmaking is just saved Custom Game settings on the servers. Meaning we can easily include gametypes where AAs are on the map.

Here is a pic of the pickup message. (sorry about the quality)