Arena

Which of the 3 search modes is best to use to avoid getting pounced on by teams of 4 when you’re playing solo?

It’s unavoidable most times. FFA usually gets me a decent lobby. BTB is always okay.

You just kinda have to deal with it unfortunately, most of time time you’ll end up against a team of 4

> 2533274821761464;2:
> It’s unavoidable most times. FFA usually gets me a decent lobby. BTB is always okay.
>
> You just kinda have to deal with it unfortunately, most of time time you’ll end up against a team of 4

I can imagine H5 being better if they made a social playlist for arena as well. A permanent one.

I always use focused. I strictly play FFA and BTB in arena.

I couldn’t tell a difference between focused/balance in terms of being matched vs fireteams or not.

> 2535457828653583;3:
> > 2533274821761464;2:
> > It’s unavoidable most times. FFA usually gets me a decent lobby. BTB is always okay.
> >
> > You just kinda have to deal with it unfortunately, most of time time you’ll end up against a team of 4
>
>
> I can imagine H5 being better if they made a social playlist for arena as well. A permanent one.

The problem with this, is even in “social” playlists you still have teams of 4 who will constantly play it to prey on people looking for a relaxed experience. I think they had Social Slayer as a weekend playlist once and it was sweatier than ever. It’s a bummer really.

> 2535457828653583;3:
> > 2533274821761464;2:
> > It’s unavoidable most times. FFA usually gets me a decent lobby. BTB is always okay.
> >
> > You just kinda have to deal with it unfortunately, most of time time you’ll end up against a team of 4
>
>
> I can imagine H5 being better if they made a social playlist for arena as well. A permanent one.

Your imagination is just that, a fantasy. Social playlists will not provide anyone a social experience. You will still face 4 man teams who will stomp on you, just like in every other Halo that has tried to implement social/unranked playlists.

Yes, in social games you still get teams. How hard is it to make a slayer game (for example) where the fire team limit is 1 though?! That would fix the issue.

> 2613026033813031;8:
> Yes, in social games you still get teams. How hard is it to make a slayer game (for example) where the fire team limit is 1 though?! That would fix the issue.

That’s what I was thinking, that seems like a perfect solution to me. Preferably Arena as well as Slayer so we can enjoy objective without being pounced on by mic teams.