Arena Slayer, please!

This game absolutely needs Arena Slayer. He is sick of just playing objective. Please add, it has always been there.

9 Likes
  1. You’re right
  2. There’s exactly 16,547,528 posts saying the same
  3. 343 have said it’ll be here before Xmas
  4. It’s a joke they needed to be told but at least it’s coming
  5. It’s a joke it’ll take so long but at least it’s coming
4 Likes

Yeah says the studio that took 7 months to give us an infection playlist in 5. I mean the campaign is decent but consider reading the articles that they took out 2/3 of the campaign out and they technically only worked on this game for 2 years I don’t understand one of the biggest studios having so much problems.

5 Likes

I am done playing until arena slayer is out.

2 Likes

Out as in out or out as in in? :thinking:

Forge delay, co-op delay, the entire game delayed… but the one thing I was adamant had to ship day one was a content filled multiplayer with a bevy of playlists and modes. It didn’t and it’s sickening. No excuse.

3 Likes

Hey it takes weeks, and weeks, 1000 of outside vendors to push a server request with the new playlists… lol 343 should be able to add any playlist within 5 mins… It doesn’t take much dev time to have that push go out.

2 Likes

Should have been there day 1 tbh.

1 Like

they said slayer would be here after the holidays, not before xmas

1 Like

You sure? I thought they said slayer, fiesta etc before Xmas and other issues after xmas/holidays.

If not then they are a bigger joke than I suggested before I got banned for saying so the last time :joy:

1 Like

These are tweets from John Junyszek, 343’s community manager

Let’s talk about Halo Infinite playlists! We’ve been reading your feedback, and we’re working on plans to add Fiesta, Tactical Slayer (SWAT), and Free-For-All playlists as we speak. They won’t land by Dec 8, but the team is pushing to get them in before the end of year !

Our goal for Events is to try new modes prior to adding to playlists. We’ll monitor playlist health after the 3 additions above and adjust our offering if needed, but we’re excited to make these updates before the holidays. This is just the start of the conversation with y’all

A Social Slayer playlist (with multiple variations) is also in the works (we see this request the most), but we won’t be able to get that one ready until after the holidays. We hope you can understand and enjoy the ones that make it in before the team takes a well-deserved break!

The top one was just what I was about to copy and paste to you but yeah no slayer.
So before the end of the year - close enough to Xmas, I’ll be out trying to get my Xmas belly worked off that week so that’s ok for fiesta but yeah slayer’s a weird one, I know they said they wanted to use different maps etc but slayer’s already in arena so how difficult they make things is more entertaining than the games they make :joy:

its a matter of establishing dedicated servers to dedicated playlists. There might be more to it then just that but i know it factors into their time table

1 Like

In the topic I was not talking about Social Slayer but Arena Slayer with HCS settings, ranked. As in Halo 5, so to speak.

Social Slayer will also be appreciable, but imho we need a competitive Slayer-only mode.

What in the hell, I take it all back, I thought they mentioned ranked slayer too. These crazy mothers

2 Likes

Any Slayer Playlist at this point would be appreciated, but agreed, there does need to be a Ranked one at the very least.

Slayer and Objective modes don’t play remotely similar and require different skillsets. I guess the idea is that the current system determines who is the OVERALL better player, but screw that. Just let me slay lmao

3 Likes

They’ve eluded to the idea that there are technical limitations that make this harder than it sounds.
But honestly I just can’t believe that unless they can walk me through it. Why is Social Slayer on the 7 existing maps such a hard-ask? Perhaps they could tell us the predictions they had about it that prevented them from trying to include it from the beginning? Was the multiplayer matchmaking system developed by contractors who haven’t worked there in 6 months? Do the current programmers need time to figure out how it works because they didn’t build it?

Looking forward to Slayer and FFA playlists, either way. Even if it should’ve been there on day 1 and it’s mind boggling that it wasn’t.

So really you’re talking about hardcore or mlg slayer not just slayer.

I think it would make more sense to bring in just a ranked/social slayer before HCS slayer….

Although I don’t think there would be a need for a HCS Slayer. That playlist is pretty niche compared, especially with Arena. Which has HCS variants to mimic tournaments.

Wait, custom games has Slayer but matchmaking doesn’t… super odd… must be crazy hard to add a game mode that has been in all Halos for the past 20 years.

2 Likes

I would like an HCS Slayer first of all. it is no coincidence that I titled the topic “Arena Slayer”, in the same way as the current Arena mode has HCS settings.

The ideal, in my opinion, would be to have Arena Skirmish (only objective modes) and Arena Slayer (Only HCS Slayer).

I would also like a social variant with radar, community maps and BR/AR as starting weapons (BR first, AR secondary).