Arena rank armor?

how would you guys feel about that? Like how in halo 5 they had bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond,onyx and champion rank. But each group had its own helmet or armor mod/attachment to show off in game your skill was.

Of of course This is not the only way I want armor to be unlocked in halo. I also was achievement, experience and reach style credit unlocks.

I don’t think that’s a great idea. While this may please people aesthetically, you’re setting yourself up for a wildfire. If people in-game used even minute armor representations to show skill during ranked matches, you’re pretty much making yourself a target.

Take this for example:

Blue Team

• Diamond 4 - Diamond 6 - Onyx 1600 - Champion 180Red Team

• Diamond 2 - Onyx 1550 - Onyx 1650 - Onyx 1675Now, if each division has their own in-game armor identifier, how do you think that affects this match? I can tell you right now, those diamond players will be targeted the most. Higher-tiered Players will understand they can visually see who a certain rank is in a match and push them harder, collapsing in and going just for the weaker players as much as possible.

This in reality would deter people from playing ranked because if they ever matched higher players, they know they would get picked on just because their visual armor is openly depicting their rank during a match. Right now, you can’t see who is who across a map, so players may be targeting that Diamond player, or maybe the Champ. Who knows, but adding in armor to be displayed based on rank will only hurt the lower-skilled players.

I like it

> 2533274795739611;2:
> I don’t think that’s a great idea. While this may please people aesthetically, you’re setting yourself up for a wildfire. If people in-game used even minute armor representations to show skill during ranked matches, you’re pretty much making yourself a target.
>
> Take this for example:
> Blue Team - Diamond 4 - Diamond 6 - Onyx 1600 - Champion 180Red Team - Diamond 2 - Onyx 1550 - Onyx 1650 - Onyx 1675Now, if each division has their own in-game armor identifier, how do you think that affects this match? I can tell you right now, those diamond players will be targeted the most. Higher-tiered Players will understand they can visually see who a certain rank is in a match and push them harder, collapsing in and going just for the weaker players as much as possible.
>
> This in reality would deter people from playing ranked because if they ever matched higher players, they know they would get picked on just because their visual armor is openly depicting their rank during a match. Right now, you can’t see who is who across a map, so players may be targeting that Diamond player, or maybe the Champ. Who knows, but adding in armor to be displayed based on rank will only hurt the lower-skilled players.

Good players don’t target certain people based on their gamertag or armour, especially here where you’re talking about diamond - champion level players.

They are going to target enemies based on their position on the map, what weapons they have, if they have a powerup, where your teammates are, etc. R6S has little charms for your weapon for each ranked season based on what you placed. I really don’t think this would hurt the game at all, and if people try targeting weaker players then the better players aren’t getting shot at so that inherently isn’t even a good strategy to win the game

> 2533274847480519;1:
> how would you guys feel about that? Like how in halo 5 they had bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond,onyx and champion rank. But each group had its own helmet or armor mod/attachment to show off in game your skill was.
>
> Of of course This is not the only way I want armor to be unlocked in halo. I also was achievement, experience and reach style credit unlocks.

I don’t like the idea. It divides the community into the have and have nots. Just like achiles. Now I don’t care about achiles because it does not appeal to me, so I didn’t try to get it. Now if I like the look of an onyx or champ variant I’ll never be able to get it. I’m not good enough, and I think it is terrible that players will be excluded because of a lack of skill. You get an emblem to show off your skill, perhaps being able to put the emblem on armour is a way to show off skill ?

> 2592250499819446;5:
> > 2533274847480519;1:
> > how would you guys feel about that? Like how in halo 5 they had bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond,onyx and champion rank. But each group had its own helmet or armor mod/attachment to show off in game your skill was.
> >
> > Of of course This is not the only way I want armor to be unlocked in halo. I also was achievement, experience and reach style credit unlocks.
>
> I don’t like the idea. It divides the community into the have and have nots. Just like achiles. Now I don’t care about achiles because it does not appeal to me, so I didn’t try to get it. Now if I like the look of an onyx or champ variant I’ll never be able to get it. I’m not good enough, and I think it is terrible that players will be excluded because of a lack of skill. You get an emblem to show off your skill, perhaps being able to put the emblem on armour is a way to show off skill ?

Halo 3 had armor tied to 1,000 Gamer Score. It took a certain amount of skill to achieve. Cool armor should be based on achievement and skill. Onyx and Champion armor being super hard to get is the point. Not many people should have it and it certainly should not be easy to get.

> 2533274814210937;6:
> > 2592250499819446;5:
> > > 2533274847480519;1:
> > > how would you guys feel about that? Like how in halo 5 they had bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond,onyx and champion rank. But each group had its own helmet or armor mod/attachment to show off in game your skill was.
> > >
> > > Of of course This is not the only way I want armor to be unlocked in halo. I also was achievement, experience and reach style credit unlocks.
> >
> > I don’t like the idea. It divides the community into the have and have nots. Just like achiles. Now I don’t care about achiles because it does not appeal to me, so I didn’t try to get it. Now if I like the look of an onyx or champ variant I’ll never be able to get it. I’m not good enough, and I think it is terrible that players will be excluded because of a lack of skill. You get an emblem to show off your skill, perhaps being able to put the emblem on armour is a way to show off skill ?
>
> Halo 3 had armor tied to 1,000 Gamer Score. It took a certain amount of skill to achieve. Cool armor should be based on achievement and skill. Onyx and Champion armor being super hard to get is the point. Not many people should have it and it certainly should not be easy to get.

Being a feature in Halo 3 does not make it ok in Halo Infinite, and it should not be impossible to get either. I don’t support this idea, we have ranks to show our skill. We don’t need more ways to divide players imo.

> 2533274795739611;2:
> I don’t think that’s a great idea. While this may please people aesthetically, you’re setting yourself up for a wildfire. If people in-game used even minute armor representations to show skill during ranked matches, you’re pretty much making yourself a target.
>
> Take this for example:
> Blue Team - Diamond 4 - Diamond 6 - Onyx 1600 - Champion 180Red Team - Diamond 2 - Onyx 1550 - Onyx 1650 - Onyx 1675Now, if each division has their own in-game armor identifier, how do you think that affects this match? I can tell you right now, those diamond players will be targeted the most. Higher-tiered Players will understand they can visually see who a certain rank is in a match and push them harder, collapsing in and going just for the weaker players as much as possible.
>
> This in reality would deter people from playing ranked because if they ever matched higher players, they know they would get picked on just because their visual armor is openly depicting their rank during a match. Right now, you can’t see who is who across a map, so players may be targeting that Diamond player, or maybe the Champ. Who knows, but adding in armor to be displayed based on rank will only hurt the lower-skilled players.

I’ve never went into a halo match and tried to kill a certain armor type. I think you may be thinking way to deep into it. The only time I actually tried to target a player was when I played a bungie employee in halo reach just so I could get that medal.

But I like the idea of it. Halo needs more reward factors in its game for people to strive to be better players. That’s what made halo so addicting back in the day.

> 2592250499819446;5:
> > 2533274847480519;1:
> > how would you guys feel about that? Like how in halo 5 they had bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond,onyx and champion rank. But each group had its own helmet or armor mod/attachment to show off in game your skill was.
> >
> > Of of course This is not the only way I want armor to be unlocked in halo. I also was achievement, experience and reach style credit unlocks.
>
> I don’t like the idea. It divides the community into the have and have nots. Just like achiles. Now I don’t care about achiles because it does not appeal to me, so I didn’t try to get it. Now if I like the look of an onyx or champ variant I’ll never be able to get it. I’m not good enough, and I think it is terrible that players will be excluded because of a lack of skill. You get an emblem to show off your skill, perhaps being able to put the emblem on armour is a way to show off skill ?

Yeah the player would be motivated to play better and most likely end up getting it in the long run. Practice makes perfect. I just feel if you can have different armors to be rewarded to you for your skill and hard work in the game what’s the point of even having any armor.

I mean I like a Ferrari but I won’t be able to buy one and the majority of people are not able to?

> 2592250499819446;7:
> > 2533274814210937;6:
> > > 2592250499819446;5:
> > > > 2533274847480519;1:
> > > > how would you guys feel about that? Like how in halo 5 they had bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond,onyx and champion rank. But each group had its own helmet or armor mod/attachment to show off in game your skill was.
> > > >
> > > > Of of course This is not the only way I want armor to be unlocked in halo. I also was achievement, experience and reach style credit unlocks.
> > >
> > > I don’t like the idea. It divides the community into the have and have nots. Just like achiles. Now I don’t care about achiles because it does not appeal to me, so I didn’t try to get it. Now if I like the look of an onyx or champ variant I’ll never be able to get it. I’m not good enough, and I think it is terrible that players will be excluded because of a lack of skill. You get an emblem to show off your skill, perhaps being able to put the emblem on armour is a way to show off skill ?
> >
> > Halo 3 had armor tied to 1,000 Gamer Score. It took a certain amount of skill to achieve. Cool armor should be based on achievement and skill. Onyx and Champion armor being super hard to get is the point. Not many people should have it and it certainly should not be easy to get.
>
> Being a feature in Halo 3 does not make it ok in Halo Infinite, and it should not be impossible to get either. I don’t support this idea, we have ranks to show our skill. We don’t need more ways to divide players imo.

Getting high ranks isn’t impossible. It just requires practice and skill. Those things should be rewarded. I would definitely be more invested if I knew making Onyx would get me a sweet armor/helmet. People might actually stop quitting ranked games lol.

I’ve never loved armor locked behind arbitrary accomplishments in-game, aside maybe from beating the campaign on legendary and getting Chief inspired sets. This dates back all the way to the insane pain in the -Yoink!- it was to get Recon in the Halo 3 and ODST days. Armor awarded to only high level matchmaking players has the same problem as Recon had after Bungie left the franchise (until a few years later when 343 gave everyone Recon)- it’s not going to be unlockable after the game passes out of the mainstream. Sure, 343i could do it the same way as they did with Recon and eventually just give everyone the armor, but that would take away the sense that it means a lot to have it at all. If it’s a game like Halo 5, where there’s nothing worth doing that isn’t online, this would be fine. I’m hoping it’s more like older Halo games, though, and has replayabilty and value after its been suceeded by a new Halo game that takes the majority of the online community away from it.

Plus, at the end of the day I think players ought to have equal access to the armory in a similar fashion to how Reach did it (but maybe even one step further in that I’m not sure I’m for rank prerequisites). As in, players earn credits doing everything in game and can save or spend them however they choose. If they did that, more skilled players who presumably have more credits at their disposal would have more and “better” (worth more credits) bling than newbies and lower tier players anyhow. Win-win.

Ultimately, skill should speak for itself. The baddest-Yoink!- player I can imagine is the one who rocks Recruit armor to lull everyone into a sense that he’s garbage and then owns the entire battlefield anyways.

> 2533274949158966;4:
> > 2533274795739611;2:
> > I don’t think that’s a great idea. While this may please people aesthetically, you’re setting yourself up for a wildfire. If people in-game used even minute armor representations to show skill during ranked matches, you’re pretty much making yourself a target.
> >
> > Take this for example:
> > Blue Team - Diamond 4 - Diamond 6 - Onyx 1600 - Champion 180Red Team - Diamond 2 - Onyx 1550 - Onyx 1650 - Onyx 1675Now, if each division has their own in-game armor identifier, how do you think that affects this match? I can tell you right now, those diamond players will be targeted the most. Higher-tiered Players will understand they can visually see who a certain rank is in a match and push them harder, collapsing in and going just for the weaker players as much as possible.
> >
> > This in reality would deter people from playing ranked because if they ever matched higher players, they know they would get picked on just because their visual armor is openly depicting their rank during a match. Right now, you can’t see who is who across a map, so players may be targeting that Diamond player, or maybe the Champ. Who knows, but adding in armor to be displayed based on rank will only hurt the lower-skilled players.
>
> Good players don’t target certain people based on their gamertag or armour, especially here where you’re talking about diamond - champion level players.
>
> They are going to target enemies based on their position on the map, what weapons they have, if they have a powerup, where your teammates are, etc. R6S has little charms for your weapon for each ranked season based on what you placed. I really don’t think this would hurt the game at all, and if people try targeting weaker players then the better players aren’t getting shot at so that inherently isn’t even a good strategy to win the game

I beg to differ; higher ranked players will always target the weakest links on the enemy team for easy kills. The fact of the matter is; people in any rank will see anyone lower than themselves as ‘garbage’ in comparison to them. It happens in every game that has competitive and it honestly really falls back to how the skill gap deepens between elo’s (or ‘ranks’).

As an example, in Overwatch people in Masters will consider players in Diamond (one rank beneath them) as trash tier players. People in Grand Master (one above Masters) will consider Masters garbage tier. In Halo people in Plat will consider players in Gold as horrible and players in Diamond will consider players in Plat as horrible.

While it’s true that good players will punish those who have horrible placement/positioning, they will make the lower skilled or lower ranked players lives miserable during that game.

I wonder what armor will it be.

> 2533274847480519;9:
> > 2592250499819446;5:
> > > 2533274847480519;1:
> > > how would you guys feel about that? Like how in halo 5 they had bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond,onyx and champion rank. But each group had its own helmet or armor mod/attachment to show off in game your skill was.
> > >
> > > Of of course This is not the only way I want armor to be unlocked in halo. I also was achievement, experience and reach style credit unlocks.
> >
> > I don’t like the idea. It divides the community into the have and have nots. Just like achiles. Now I don’t care about achiles because it does not appeal to me, so I didn’t try to get it. Now if I like the look of an onyx or champ variant I’ll never be able to get it. I’m not good enough, and I think it is terrible that players will be excluded because of a lack of skill. You get an emblem to show off your skill, perhaps being able to put the emblem on armour is a way to show off skill ?
>
> Yeah the player would be motivated to play better and most likely end up getting it in the long run. Practice makes perfect. I just feel if you can have different armors to be rewarded to you for your skill and hard work in the game what’s the point of even having any armor.
>
> I mean I like a Ferrari but I won’t be able to buy one and the majority of people are not able to?

SOME players might be motivated, and no, you cannot say they would most likely get it in the long run. Practice does make perfect, but not all of us can run the four minute mile, regardless of how much we practice. As for your Ferrari comparison, really ? That car costs six figures and very few will ever be able to afford it, it’s not the same. You’re talking about players buying a game here, and then denying access to content because of a lack of skill. That’s not the same as buying a Ferrari.

> 2533274814210937;10:
> > 2592250499819446;7:
> > > 2533274814210937;6:
> > > > 2592250499819446;5:
> > > > > 2533274847480519;1:
> > > > > how would you guys feel about that? Like how in halo 5 they had bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond,onyx and champion rank. But each group had its own helmet or armor mod/attachment to show off in game your skill was.
> > > > >
> > > > > Of of course This is not the only way I want armor to be unlocked in halo. I also was achievement, experience and reach style credit unlocks.
> > > >
> > > > I don’t like the idea. It divides the community into the have and have nots. Just like achiles. Now I don’t care about achiles because it does not appeal to me, so I didn’t try to get it. Now if I like the look of an onyx or champ variant I’ll never be able to get it. I’m not good enough, and I think it is terrible that players will be excluded because of a lack of skill. You get an emblem to show off your skill, perhaps being able to put the emblem on armour is a way to show off skill ?
> > >
> > > Halo 3 had armor tied to 1,000 Gamer Score. It took a certain amount of skill to achieve. Cool armor should be based on achievement and skill. Onyx and Champion armor being super hard to get is the point. Not many people should have it and it certainly should not be easy to get.
> >
> > Being a feature in Halo 3 does not make it ok in Halo Infinite, and it should not be impossible to get either. I don’t support this idea, we have ranks to show our skill. We don’t need more ways to divide players imo.
>
> Getting high ranks isn’t impossible. It just requires practice and skill. Those things should be rewarded. I would definitely be more invested if I knew making Onyx would get me a sweet armor/helmet. People might actually stop quitting ranked games lol.

It is impossible for some. My higgest rank is diamond, I’m simply not good enough to get onyx or pro. It’s true, it does require practice and skill, but not everyone is that skilled. Those things are rewarded and shown through ranks, I’m sure you would be more invested to get the helmet or armour, and it won’t stop quitters. Your asking players to buy a game and then be denied access to something because they’re not good enough, how will completionists that collect everything feel ? It’s not fair and I’ll never support it, to the point where I would not buy the game. I think having the option to put the rank on armour is a fair way.

> 2592250499819446;14:
> > 2533274847480519;9:
> > > 2592250499819446;5:
> > > > 2533274847480519;1:
> > > > how would you guys feel about that? Like how in halo 5 they had bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond,onyx and champion rank. But each group had its own helmet or armor mod/attachment to show off in game your skill was.
> > > >
> > > > Of of course This is not the only way I want armor to be unlocked in halo. I also was achievement, experience and reach style credit unlocks.
> > >
> > > I don’t like the idea. It divides the community into the have and have nots. Just like achiles. Now I don’t care about achiles because it does not appeal to me, so I didn’t try to get it. Now if I like the look of an onyx or champ variant I’ll never be able to get it. I’m not good enough, and I think it is terrible that players will be excluded because of a lack of skill. You get an emblem to show off your skill, perhaps being able to put the emblem on armour is a way to show off skill ?
> >
> > Yeah the player would be motivated to play better and most likely end up getting it in the long run. Practice makes perfect. I just feel if you can have different armors to be rewarded to you for your skill and hard work in the game what’s the point of even having any armor.
> >
> > I mean I like a Ferrari but I won’t be able to buy one and the majority of people are not able to?
>
> SOME players might be motivated, and no, you cannot say they would most likely get it in the long run. Practice does make perfect, but not all of us can run the four minute mile, regardless of how much we practice. As for your Ferrari comparison, really ? That car costs six figures and very few will ever be able to afford it, it’s not the same. You’re talking about players buying a game here, and then denying access to content because of a lack of skill. That’s not the same as buying a Ferrari.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274814210937;10:
> > > 2592250499819446;7:
> > > > 2533274814210937;6:
> > > > > 2592250499819446;5:
> > > > > > 2533274847480519;1:
> > > > > > how would you guys feel about that? Like how in halo 5 they had bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond,onyx and champion rank. But each group had its own helmet or armor mod/attachment to show off in game your skill was.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Of of course This is not the only way I want armor to be unlocked in halo. I also was achievement, experience and reach style credit unlocks.
> > > > >
> > > > > I don’t like the idea. It divides the community into the have and have nots. Just like achiles. Now I don’t care about achiles because it does not appeal to me, so I didn’t try to get it. Now if I like the look of an onyx or champ variant I’ll never be able to get it. I’m not good enough, and I think it is terrible that players will be excluded because of a lack of skill. You get an emblem to show off your skill, perhaps being able to put the emblem on armour is a way to show off skill ?
> > > >
> > > > Halo 3 had armor tied to 1,000 Gamer Score. It took a certain amount of skill to achieve. Cool armor should be based on achievement and skill. Onyx and Champion armor being super hard to get is the point. Not many people should have it and it certainly should not be easy to get.
> > >
> > > Being a feature in Halo 3 does not make it ok in Halo Infinite, and it should not be impossible to get either. I don’t support this idea, we have ranks to show our skill. We don’t need more ways to divide players imo.
> >
> > Getting high ranks isn’t impossible. It just requires practice and skill. Those things should be rewarded. I would definitely be more invested if I knew making Onyx would get me a sweet armor/helmet. People might actually stop quitting ranked games lol.
>
> It is impossible for some. My higgest rank is diamond, I’m simply not good enough to get onyx or pro. It’s true, it does require practice and skill, but not everyone is that skilled. Those things are rewarded and shown through ranks, I’m sure you would be more invested to get the helmet or armour, and it won’t stop quitters. Your asking players to buy a game and then be denied access to something because they’re not good enough, how will completionists that collect everything feel ? It’s not fair and I’ll never support it, to the point where I would not buy the game. I think having the option to put the rank on armour is a fair way.

With that line of thought, you’re saying Legendary difficulty should be easy enough for anyone to beat otherwise it’s unfair to completionists who buy the game. Buying the game doesn’t entitle you to automatically getting all the achievements and unlockables. Those should be earned.

> 2533274879757912;12:
> > 2533274949158966;4:
> > > 2533274795739611;2:
> > > I don’t think that’s a great idea. While this may please people aesthetically, you’re setting yourself up for a wildfire. If people in-game used even minute armor representations to show skill during ranked matches, you’re pretty much making yourself a target.
> > >
> > > Take this for example:
> > > Blue Team - Diamond 4 - Diamond 6 - Onyx 1600 - Champion 180Red Team - Diamond 2 - Onyx 1550 - Onyx 1650 - Onyx 1675Now, if each division has their own in-game armor identifier, how do you think that affects this match? I can tell you right now, those diamond players will be targeted the most. Higher-tiered Players will understand they can visually see who a certain rank is in a match and push them harder, collapsing in and going just for the weaker players as much as possible.
> > >
> > > This in reality would deter people from playing ranked because if they ever matched higher players, they know they would get picked on just because their visual armor is openly depicting their rank during a match. Right now, you can’t see who is who across a map, so players may be targeting that Diamond player, or maybe the Champ. Who knows, but adding in armor to be displayed based on rank will only hurt the lower-skilled players.
> >
> > Good players don’t target certain people based on their gamertag or armour, especially here where you’re talking about diamond - champion level players.
> >
> > They are going to target enemies based on their position on the map, what weapons they have, if they have a powerup, where your teammates are, etc. R6S has little charms for your weapon for each ranked season based on what you placed. I really don’t think this would hurt the game at all, and if people try targeting weaker players then the better players aren’t getting shot at so that inherently isn’t even a good strategy to win the game
>
> I beg to differ; higher ranked players will always target the weakest links on the enemy team for easy kills. The fact of the matter is; people in any rank will see anyone lower than themselves as ‘garbage’ in comparison to them. It happens in every game that has competitive and it honestly really falls back to how the skill gap deepens between elo’s (or ‘ranks’).
>
> As an example, in Overwatch people in Masters will consider players in Diamond (one rank beneath them) as trash tier players. People in Grand Master (one above Masters) will consider Masters garbage tier. In Halo people in Plat will consider players in Gold as horrible and players in Diamond will consider players in Plat as horrible.
>
> While it’s true that good players will punish those who have horrible placement/positioning, they will make the lower skilled or lower ranked players lives miserable during that game.

I don’t think I’ve ever met someone online who said “ he has Achilles let’s rush this guy”. Armor should be about showing off your achievements and hard work you put in. I say the majority of people who play halo only care about controlling the map rather then worrying about some dude with high skill rank armor. And if everyone could get the armor it would completely take out the fun in the armor. What even is the point of wearing armor if you can’t feel good and show it off?

And if you think you are getting targeted because you are wearing a certain pice of armor for reaching onyx then just take it off easy as that.

Just like the olive helmet most of us will never get a map into matchmaking. I’m not over here upset because I can’t get it??? If anything that person earned it and got a exclusive helmet for doing so.

> 2533274814210937;15:
> > 2592250499819446;14:
> > > 2533274847480519;9:
> > > > 2592250499819446;5:
> > > > > 2533274847480519;1:
> > > > > how would you guys feel about that? Like how in halo 5 they had bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond,onyx and champion rank. But each group had its own helmet or armor mod/attachment to show off in game your skill was.
> > > > >
> > > > > Of of course This is not the only way I want armor to be unlocked in halo. I also was achievement, experience and reach style credit unlocks.
> > > >
> > > > I don’t like the idea. It divides the community into the have and have nots. Just like achiles. Now I don’t care about achiles because it does not appeal to me, so I didn’t try to get it. Now if I like the look of an onyx or champ variant I’ll never be able to get it. I’m not good enough, and I think it is terrible that players will be excluded because of a lack of skill. You get an emblem to show off your skill, perhaps being able to put the emblem on armour is a way to show off skill ?
> > >
> > > Yeah the player would be motivated to play better and most likely end up getting it in the long run. Practice makes perfect. I just feel if you can have different armors to be rewarded to you for your skill and hard work in the game what’s the point of even having any armor.
> > >
> > > I mean I like a Ferrari but I won’t be able to buy one and the majority of people are not able to?
> >
> > SOME players might be motivated, and no, you cannot say they would most likely get it in the long run. Practice does make perfect, but not all of us can run the four minute mile, regardless of how much we practice. As for your Ferrari comparison, really ? That car costs six figures and very few will ever be able to afford it, it’s not the same. You’re talking about players buying a game here, and then denying access to content because of a lack of skill. That’s not the same as buying a Ferrari.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274814210937;10:
> > > > 2592250499819446;7:
> > > > > 2533274814210937;6:
> > > > > > 2592250499819446;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274847480519;1:
> > > > > > > how would you guys feel about that? Like how in halo 5 they had bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond,onyx and champion rank. But each group had its own helmet or armor mod/attachment to show off in game your skill was.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Of of course This is not the only way I want armor to be unlocked in halo. I also was achievement, experience and reach style credit unlocks.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I don’t like the idea. It divides the community into the have and have nots. Just like achiles. Now I don’t care about achiles because it does not appeal to me, so I didn’t try to get it. Now if I like the look of an onyx or champ variant I’ll never be able to get it. I’m not good enough, and I think it is terrible that players will be excluded because of a lack of skill. You get an emblem to show off your skill, perhaps being able to put the emblem on armour is a way to show off skill ?
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo 3 had armor tied to 1,000 Gamer Score. It took a certain amount of skill to achieve. Cool armor should be based on achievement and skill. Onyx and Champion armor being super hard to get is the point. Not many people should have it and it certainly should not be easy to get.
> > > >
> > > > Being a feature in Halo 3 does not make it ok in Halo Infinite, and it should not be impossible to get either. I don’t support this idea, we have ranks to show our skill. We don’t need more ways to divide players imo.
> > >
> > > Getting high ranks isn’t impossible. It just requires practice and skill. Those things should be rewarded. I would definitely be more invested if I knew making Onyx would get me a sweet armor/helmet. People might actually stop quitting ranked games lol.
> >
> > It is impossible for some. My higgest rank is diamond, I’m simply not good enough to get onyx or pro. It’s true, it does require practice and skill, but not everyone is that skilled. Those things are rewarded and shown through ranks, I’m sure you would be more invested to get the helmet or armour, and it won’t stop quitters. Your asking players to buy a game and then be denied access to something because they’re not good enough, how will completionists that collect everything feel ? It’s not fair and I’ll never support it, to the point where I would not buy the game. I think having the option to put the rank on armour is a fair way.
>
> With that line of thought, you’re saying Legendary difficulty should be easy enough for anyone to beat otherwise it’s unfair to completionists who buy the game. Buying the game doesn’t entitle you to automatically getting all the achievements and unlockables. Those should be earned.

No, I’m not saying that at all. I said completionists that COLLECT everything. I was quite specific with that wording. Please don’t put words in my mouth. Many will be able to complete Legendary but not get to Onyx or higher. I’m capable of completing all the Halo games on Legendary solo, and I’ve done so many times. I’ve also helped others do certain levels in co op to get them their achievement.

Obtaining achievements is one thing. Putting armour behind a skill gap is another imo, armour is content, achievements are not. Players will be able to assist each other at times, and there are guides on True Achievements that help too. I have used many, especially for Sekiro. Having the skill and know how to be a champion is another thing entirely imo.

I’ll throw it back to you with this. We earn achievements to show completing games, levels, bosses. We earn ranks to show our skill level in multiplayer. Why not have the ability to put the rank on armour ? I think that’s the fairest way. You can show your rank off, just like the players that have the achievements to show, and the completionists can collect everything.

I like it. The game needs some good skill-based rewards based on playlist and everyone likes shiny armor. Along these lines, I hope spartans are displayed in the lobby, like in Reach, so we can look at who we’re about to play.

I don’t think cosmetic armor would negatively impact gameplay. Sure, it could alert you about a high-skill player but that doesn’t help you defeat him.