ARENA: NO VEHICLES/4v4 .... WTF

First off let me say that “warzone” isn’t even close to the same game or experience as classic “Arena” multiplayer play.

So how can you offer classic multiplayer halo action with ABSOLUTELY NO VEHICLES in Arena? The best part of halo is jumping on a hogg with a buddy and causing some chaos. Or, alternately, sticking a passing Hogg and getting a triple kill. This omission is mind blowing and treasonous.

And 4v4 in Arena. Really? not even 6v6? 4v4 is so small, then someone quits everytime and it becomes a 4v3. These multiplayer games feel like a total chore.

GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT.

NickySalads
HOGG

Warzone isn’t supposed to be the Arena experience, that’s why it is it’s own separate mode.

As far as everything else you said, it’s not going to happen. People have wanted a 4v4 competitive Halo for years and we finally got it.

yes but you can have 4v4 and also bigger matches with vehicles. Every halo before this has vehicles in multiplayer, does it not ?

> 2535444867361780;2:
> Warzone isn’t supposed to be the Arena experience, that’s why it is it’s own separate mode.
>
> As far as everything else you said, it’s not going to happen. People have wanted a 4v4 competitive Halo for years and we finally got it.

Nick,

Tranz is right here in saying that there was an overwhelming cry for a more competitive based multiplayer since Halo 4 dropped. Arena is definitely for players looking to go up against tough competition in a straight up match where the outcome will be decided on which team has the better weapon skills and utilizes solid team tactics. Throwing a warthog in there I think would mess up what 343 was intending for Arena.

Warzone is definitely full of vehicle opportunities if you want to cruise around and rack up those splatter kills or wheelmans. Moving forward I wouldn’t mind see some smaller vehicles being integrated into the Slayer playlist (gungoose, ghost, or warthog) but to do that we will need some new maps thrown into the mix since since right now it would be near impossible to properly use any vehicles on any of the slayer maps, there’s just not enough room.

I’m struggling to remember a classic 4v4 map, from any older version of Halo, that had vehicles. I don’t remember a Hog on Guardian. I don’t remember a Wraith on Ivory Tower. I don’t recall Scorpions in The Pit. What am I missing here?

Keyword: Arena.
Besides, none of the maps I’ve played so far would support vehicle-based combat.

> 2533274862966625;6:
> Keyword: Arena.
> Besides, none of the maps I’ve played so far would support vehicle-based combat.

This, we are playing arena, which basically means 4v4 competitive. No vehicles really. If I remember correctly Post-launch DLC will have some bigger maps with vehicles. The current maps would not support any vehicles at all.

Ok guys, I see your point. And I know warzone has the vehicles and big match size, but for me it’s not the same.

I think I’d just prefer at least 6v6 even if there were no vehicles. I just remember always playing halo (especially CTF) with a warthog always part of the game, helping to deliver the flag or whatnot.

The arenas are SO small. And I feel like there are only about 3 maps? I feel like we are field testing Spartans on a training paintball course instead of playing slayer. I miss old halo multiplayer.

> 2533274801030590;9:
> The arenas are SO small. And I feel like there are only about 3 maps? I feel like we are field testing Spartans on a training paintball course instead of playing slayer. I miss old halo multiplayer.

10 arena maps in team arena, 6 in slayer.