Arena Matchmaking

It has been months with this new matchmaking setup. It is so amazing. The matches are so balanced and fair. I can’t believe I felt the old way was good. I have finally changed my mind.

You’re joking right?
Old system with all its flaws i think was better. playing team roles that didnt involve kills per minute or finishing top board were rewarded more. If my friend keeps finishing 4th but was a good, useful team asset he should rank up, not only down when we lose… thats how TS2 works. Top boards kill alot, win. What about the support and objective players? They get short end of stick.

> 2535468801534271;2:
> You’re joking right?
> Old system with all its flaws i think was better. playing team roles that didnt involve kills per minute or finishing top board were rewarded more. If my friend keeps finishing 4th but was a good, useful team asset he should rank up, not only down when we lose… thats how TS2 works. Top boards kill alot, win. What about the support and objective players? They get short end of stick.

“Objective players” wouldn’t be successful if their team wasn’t slaying the other team to create openings for efficient objective play. Might be a little different in BTB where you can zoom past a team with a warthog and be successful if the enemy isn’t paying attention. However, moving the flag in arena without numbers is scrappy and often unsuccessful.

The problem for us outside of the USA is lag/latency.

Does this game even attempt to look for a good connection game!!! We just can’t compete.

I would rather wait a few minutes for it to at least even try to find a decent connection game. It’s so fu**ing frustrating. Makes you not want to play.

I’m over it. Just need to get it off my chest.

> 2806707624942642;4:
> The problem for us outside of the USA is lag/latency.
>
> Does this game even attempt to look for a good connection game!!! We just can’t compete.
>
> I would rather wait a few minutes for it to at least even try to find a decent connection game. It’s so fu**ing frustrating. Makes you not want to play.
>
> I’m over it. Just need to get it off my chest.

If you don’t mind waiting a few minutes, you can always search on Focused. Not sure if you have tried that yet, but it is something to consider.

> 2535431933064458;3:
> > 2535468801534271;2:
> > You’re joking right?
> > Old system with all its flaws i think was better. playing team roles that didnt involve kills per minute or finishing top board were rewarded more. If my friend keeps finishing 4th but was a good, useful team asset he should rank up, not only down when we lose… thats how TS2 works. Top boards kill alot, win. What about the support and objective players? They get short end of stick.
>
> “Objective players” wouldn’t be successful if their team wasn’t slaying the other team to create openings for efficient objective play. Might be a little different in BTB where you can zoom past a team with a warthog and be successful if the enemy isn’t paying attention. However, moving the flag in arena without numbers is scrappy and often unsuccessful.

Except the issue is the enemy team will always respawn next to the objective. It’s like people don’t realize you will always spawn on your side or near it in these gametypes. In CTF, for example, constantly killing the enemy team while others are trying to grab their flag makes it that much harder to get the flag because you’re allowing them to keep respawning close to it, and then the next thing you know, by the time you get to the flag you suddenly run into 3 of them.

> 2533274824050480;5:
> > 2806707624942642;4:
> > The problem for us outside of the USA is lag/latency.
> >
> > Does this game even attempt to look for a good connection game!!! We just can’t compete.
> >
> > I would rather wait a few minutes for it to at least even try to find a decent connection game. It’s so fu**ing frustrating. Makes you not want to play.
> >
> > I’m over it. Just need to get it off my chest.
>
> If you don’t mind waiting a few minutes, you can always search on Focused. Not sure if you have tried that yet, but it is something to consider.

That’s just it. I do search on focussed, and I’m getting into games almost immediately. It doesn’t seem like it checks for anything.

> 2806707624942642;7:
> > 2533274824050480;5:
> > > 2806707624942642;4:
> > > The problem for us outside of the USA is lag/latency.
> > >
> > > Does this game even attempt to look for a good connection game!!! We just can’t compete.
> > >
> > > I would rather wait a few minutes for it to at least even try to find a decent connection game. It’s so fu**ing frustrating. Makes you not want to play.
> > >
> > > I’m over it. Just need to get it off my chest.
> >
> > If you don’t mind waiting a few minutes, you can always search on Focused. Not sure if you have tried that yet, but it is something to consider.
>
> That’s just it. I do search on focussed, and I’m getting into games almost immediately. It doesn’t seem like it checks for anything.

Odd. I wonder if maybe they relaxed the search criteria a bit since the population is not that high.

> 2533274804839145;6:
> Except the issue is the enemy team will always respawn next to the objective. It’s like people don’t realize you will always spawn on your side or near it in these gametypes. In CTF, for example, constantly killing the enemy team while others are trying to grab their flag makes it that much harder to get the flag because you’re allowing them to keep respawning close to it, and then the next thing you know, by the time you get to the flag you suddenly run into 3 of them.

That’s because you’re not playing with any kind of setup or coordination and running the flag at the wrong times. If you play it correctly, you can set your team in positions on the map to block certain spawns, kill players and then run the flag where they won’t spawn because your team is blocking them. If you’re not that coordinated, you should at least wait until two of their players are in respawn before pulling the flag.

> 2535431933064458;3:
> > 2535468801534271;2:
> > You’re joking right?
> > Old system with all its flaws i think was better. playing team roles that didnt involve kills per minute or finishing top board were rewarded more. If my friend keeps finishing 4th but was a good, useful team asset he should rank up, not only down when we lose… thats how TS2 works. Top boards kill alot, win. What about the support and objective players? They get short end of stick.
>
> “Objective players” wouldn’t be successful if their team wasn’t slaying the other team to create openings for efficient objective play. Might be a little different in BTB where you can zoom past a team with a warthog and be successful if the enemy isn’t paying attention. However, moving the flag in arena without numbers is scrappy and often unsuccessful.

I slay for my team, so they can run flag, make ball rotations, etc. we just assume roles based on who we think would be best at what. I can do al the obj too, but sure cant run a flag and hold the ball for 150 while slaying entire enemy team. They do deserve credit cause sometimes it’s me running flag and them main slaying. Why the game modes are team based. Ive been trying to improve on objective, team viceversa but honestly cant say im good at it outside flag slide juggle lol. Idk if you check the playlist leaderboards but theres champ 1s and 2s blatent boosting who dont deserve the spot. TS2 is broken if exploits can be learned just as easily as looking at someones game history. I could go on about plenty of issus it has outside the leaderboadd but im already -Yoinked!- enough lol. I dont play arena much, but the hcs settings are great. No cheap BS

> 2727626560040591;9:
> > 2533274804839145;6:
> > Except the issue is the enemy team will always respawn next to the objective. It’s like people don’t realize you will always spawn on your side or near it in these gametypes. In CTF, for example, constantly killing the enemy team while others are trying to grab their flag makes it that much harder to get the flag because you’re allowing them to keep respawning close to it, and then the next thing you know, by the time you get to the flag you suddenly run into 3 of them.
>
> That’s because you’re not playing with any kind of setup or coordination and running the flag at the wrong times. If you play it correctly, you can set your team in positions on the map to block certain spawns, kill players and then run the flag where they won’t spawn because your team is blocking them. If you’re not that coordinated, you should at least wait until two of their players are in respawn before pulling the flag.

This guy halos.
Was just thinking pros usually love 2+ enemies dead to pull, ideally 4.

Yes it was obvious sarcasm. Just wanted to see if I was still the only one. Just played a match yes I did bad but there is constant dead weight on every team. Some dude is always going like 1-15? No matter how good you are it’s hard to overcome. That’s my opinion. Glad some people share it.

What balanced. I hardly can find games at champ level.

They are not balanced. That’s the problem.

> 2533274800616847;12:
> Yes it was obvious sarcasm. Just wanted to see if I was still the only one. Just played a match yes I did bad but there is constant dead weight on every team. Some dude is always going like 1-15? No matter how good you are it’s hard to overcome. That’s my opinion. Glad some people share it.

I also suffer from this, but every match it seems my whole team earns their spot for 1-10 or something for some strange unknown reason. I also as an American am forced to connect to European servers for most games and Halo is no different. It gives me a bit a of ping, but not much to matter. The problem is when the other players have so much lag that they have a 85 foot horizontal leap across the map killing me. Honestly that gets me laughing instead of raging, but still it’s annoying I can’t kill them from their insane lag. Most matches my team scores an amazing, godly 15-20 points (mostly from me ://). If there is the occasion I am on a team that is half decent, it feels like Jesus Christ has blessed me.

> 2533274825726490;13:
> What balanced. I hardly can find games at champ level.

I am not anywhere near champ level. Last game I just played bottom guy went 0-10! It happens all the time!!