Arena Maps

So I am just curious if there are anyone that enjoys playing, Orion, Pegasus, or Mercy. So far all the people I play with have stated that they either despise them or just don’t care for them. Just wanted to get some opinions from a larger group of people. I personally don’t like them, think they frame rate issue is too severe and there is no gameplay flow to these maps. What do you guys think?

I like Pegasus and Mercy. I don’t care for Orion all that much but it’s not as bad as plaza or overgrowth.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> I like Pegasus and Mercy. I don’t care for Orion all that much but it’s not as bad as plaza or overgrowth.

Plaza’s great.

I like all 3. Mercy’s visuals are stunning, and Orion/Pegasus feel much better now that they’ve been updated.

> 2533274919101675;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > I like Pegasus and Mercy. I don’t care for Orion all that much but it’s not as bad as plaza or overgrowth.
>
> Plaza’s great.

I like Plaza and overgrowth, but a lot of people I know don’t like overgrowth. I honestly want overgrowth and Riptide back in doubles and take out mercy. glad to see that someone enjoys Pegasus, but Orion just needs to be removed.

> 2535458298006257;1:
> So I am just curious if there are anyone that enjoys playing, Orion, Pegasus, or Mercy. So far all the people I play with have stated that they either despise them or just don’t care for them. Just wanted to get some opinions from a larger group of people. I personally don’t like them, think they frame rate issue is too severe and there is no gameplay flow to these maps. What do you guys think?

I like Orion and Mercy. I think Mercy is cool for its half space, half ship style.

> 2535458298006257;1:
> So I am just curious if there are anyone that enjoys playing, Orion, Pegasus, or Mercy. So far all the people I play with have stated that they either despise them or just don’t care for them. Just wanted to get some opinions from a larger group of people. I personally don’t like them, think they frame rate issue is too severe and there is no gameplay flow to these maps. What do you guys think?

yea, forge maps are laggy. I bet its the xbox one that struggles though. Watch it run buttery smooth on the One X

I think you are referring to Slayer and not Arena…

Orion definitely needs to go and so does Riptide.

Orion feels like it’s open season and I’m walking around with my underwear all throughout the map. There’s barely any cover on that map. It’s horrible.

As far as Riptide goes, it’s a camping type of map. All they do is camp in Blue Room. It’s so annoying.

> 2535458298006257;1:

Don’t mind mercy the other two are garbage they just don’t play well compared to the more popular maps

Mercy is awful… terrible sight-lines, red blends in with the bottom hallways, cluttered middle areas, bad power weapon selection… ugh, I could go on and on. It was never all that great in H4 either, it was just one of few TOLERABLE maps… And why is it still heavily weighted in MM as if it were a new map? After 2-4 weeks it should’ve been dialed back. At the rate we’re going, it’ll be 2-4 years.

The Forge maps are better… but still appear a lot. Feels like I rarely play on The Rig or Truth anymore, Riptide is a rarity (actually like this map a lot)… why aren’t these maps appropriately weighted?? A veto system could even help to determine what maps are being skipped the most, and the more favored maps could be given slight boosts over the lesser favored.

Man, this stuff is not rocket science!

> 2533274873580796;10:
> Mercy is awful… terrible sight-lines, red blends in with the bottom hallways, cluttered middle areas, had power weapon selection… ugh, I could go on and on. It was never all that great in H4 either, it was just one of few TOLERABLE maps… And why is it still heavily weighted in MM as if it were a new map? After 2-4 weeks it should’ve been dialed back. At the rate we’re going, it’ll be 2-4 years.
>
> The Forge maps are better… but still appear a lot. Feels like I rarely play on The Rig or Truth anymore, Riptide is a rarity (actually like this map a lot)… why aren’t these maps appropriately weighted?? A veto system could even help to determine what maps are being skipped the most, and the more favored maps could be given slight boosts over the lesser favored.
>
> Man, this stuff is not rocket science!

You expressed my exact feelings on the matter. However the forge maps shouldn’t be in any ranked play. the veto system needs to come back to halo ASAP.