ARENA iS nOT wIN lOSS aNYMORE ???????

As far as I can tell Arena is not win loss anymore. I played nearly the exact same games with my friend. We won and loss nearly the same games and he is 1% Onyx and I am 5% Gold. This does not make any sense at all. His K/D is higher then mine but his win loss is lower. So I can only assume that your daily rating is now what is used to determine your division. Can anyone explain? So now I guess instead of focusing on winning the game I will now Camp, not help my team, and betray my team for power weapons just like the good old days of arena. Thanks 343… you guys are so awesome.

> As far as I can tell Arena is not win loss anymore. I played nearly the exact same games with my friend. We won and loss nearly the same games and he is 1% Onyx and I am 5% Gold. This does not make any sense at all. His K/D is higher then mine but his win loss is lower. So I can only assume that your daily rating is now what is used to determine your division. Can anyone explain? So now I guess instead of focusing on winning the game I will now Camp, not help my team, and betray my team for power weapons just like the good old days of arena. Thanks 343… you guys are so awesome.

Why the red? And I find this hard to believe; no one but the people wanted individual rating back. By “played nearly the exact same games” and “won and loss nearly the same games” do you mean the AMOUNT of games or literally you were both in the games together? As this is a HUGE factor is your placement. If you go in by yourself and go 30/30 you will rarely be onyx or facing onyx’s by the time you get put in a division (you’d probably be mid gold or low onyx at best), while if you go 20/20 with a party of 4 single digit onyx’s, you will be a single digit onyx.

We were in the same games together…playing on the same team. Only difference is I played 10 by myself and he played 5 by hiself. We were both 6% Onyx last season.

> > As far as I can tell Arena is not win loss anymore. I played nearly the exact same games with my friend. We won and loss nearly the same games and he is 1% Onyx and I am 5% Gold. This does not make any sense at all. His K/D is higher then mine but his win loss is lower. So I can only assume that your daily rating is now what is used to determine your division. Can anyone explain? So now I guess instead of focusing on winning the game I will now Camp, not help my team, and betray my team for power weapons just like the good old days of arena. Thanks 343… you guys are so awesome.
>
> Why the red? And I find this hard to believe; no one but the people wanted individual rating back. By “played nearly the exact same games” and “won and loss nearly the same games” do you mean the AMOUNT of games or literally you were both in the games together? As this is a HUGE factor is your placement. If you go in by yourself and go 30/30 you will rarely be onyx or facing onyx’s by the time you get put in a division (you’d probably be mid gold or low onyx at best), while if you go 20/20 with a party of 4 single digit onyx’s, you will be a single digit onyx.

Well if those 5 games he won against single digit onyx players, and maybe you played equally skilled players or lost, that would make sense, as I really don’t see any other explanation. There was some rumor along time ago that Arena was never 100% W/L but I’m pretty sure that was due to people just being uninformed, and there hasn’t been any mention of changes to it. Sorry bud. I don’t foresee you having any problem reaching single digit once again though.

I won 6 out of the 10 games I played by myself. I think he won 2 out of the 5 he played by himself. When we played together about 9 out of 10 games were against onyx players. Alot of them were single digit onyx last season. I am not worried about placing in gold for right now because I know I will be back into single digit onyx soon. But it does not make a whole lot of sense that he would be 1% onyx and I would be 5% gold if it was win loss.

> Well if those 5 games he won against single digit onyx players, and maybe you played equally skilled players or lost, that would make sense, as I really don’t see any other explanation. There was some rumor along time ago that Arena was never 100% W/L but I’m pretty sure that was due to people just being uninformed, and there hasn’t been any mention of changes to it. Sorry bud. I don’t foresee you having any problem reaching single digit once again though.

Sorry man I don’t know what to tell you as there hasn’t been any modification to the Arena system in the past few months.

who you win and loose to also has an effect.

Since not many people have played Arena yet this season, the difference between Gold and Onyx is a lot smaller than it will be later. Maybe a few games difference is enough to place you so differently at this point.

> Since not many people have played Arena yet this season, the difference between Gold and Onyx is a lot smaller than it will be later. Maybe a few games difference is enough to place you so differently at this point.

Less and less people play it because the settings are awful. I won’t play it until it gets an update.