Arena Idea!

Ok this may be a little far fetched, and probably won’t happen. But what if there was a cR payout for division placing within each season?

The “seasons” would have to be shorter. (1 month max). Still would have to play X amount of games on X amount of days to get rated. Pending on what your division ranking is, you will get X amount of cR as a reward.

Example of payouts for final division standing:

Onyx Top 1-15%: 200,000cR bonus
Top 16-25%: 175,000cR bonus
Top 26-50%: 150,000cR bonus
Top 51-75%: 125,000cR bonus
Top 76-99%: 100,000cR bonus

Gold: 75,000cR bonus
*Possible different variations like above

Silver: 50,000cR bonus
Bronze: 25,000cR bonus
Iron: 15,000cR bonus

*Note: These numbers are just used as example, didn’t put too much thought into what would be “fair”.

I think this would be a cool way to promote people playing in the Arena, bring back some competitive Halo again, and give reason to have a good ranking?

Thoughts?

-poppin

Too little too late…

> Too little too late…

True… =(

an excellent idea but it won’t happen in a million years. it rewards good players.

This is the type of thing 343 should have done instead of creating the boost-happy custom challenges.

I’m not saying it’s a bad idea… I’m just saying that lack of credit rewards isn’t why I avoid Arena.

> an excellent idea but it won’t happen in a million years. it rewards good players.

LOL. So true. Credit’s have never been desired by the ‘good’ players. It would just inject 1000’s of bad kids into the playlist for little to no reason like it did in Season 8…

> > an excellent idea but it won’t happen in a million years. it rewards good players.
>
> LOL. So true. Credit’s have never been desired by the ‘good’ players. It would just inject 1000’s of bad kids into the playlist for little to no reason like it did in Season 8…

I’m cool with doing whatever it takes to bring more people to Arena. Will help with search times, as well as playing the same kids over and over. (Atleast until you reach high Onyx)

> an excellent idea but it won’t happen in a million years. it rewards good players.

This. Reach’s rank system gives no incentive to get placed in Arena. At least displaying your rank in all playlists would boost population in Arena for sure.