arena cheating

I was just searching solo, and for a brief second in the lobby it showed the opposite team as a full party.
So I went into their friends lists and sure enough they all know each other.
theyre are obviously searching in teams of 2.
I have heard of this but this was the first time I had seen it.
My question is is this punishable, and if so how would they be reported?

I doubt anything will change, don’t waste your time avoiding them either as it does nothing.

TC Really it is just best to stay out of Arena. It is an example of a great idea which was poorly implemented. My first Arena game I had a perfection, yet that somehow didn’t earn me the 1600 that I was going for. However next game my teammate was roughly 25-23, and his tool of destruction was Rockets. Guess what? He got his 1600. After seeing that the game considered spamming rockets and going +2, to be MORE skilled than having a perfection without touching power weapons, I really realized that it wasn’t what I had hoped it would be. I still played a while for my friends sake, but really we all wound up realizing how incredibly flawed the system was.

If you have friends who you can rotate with (The goal of each game is to get one person to 1600) then I’m sure it isn’t so terrible. If you go in with randoms, expect them to WATCH you die when they could help you, just so they can clean up the kill and get better individual stats. If even your own team is willing to be extremely cheap in order to get 1600, imagine what your opposition will do? Trust me, get out of there and never go back.

> I was just searching solo, and for a brief second in the lobby it showed the opposite team as a full party.
> So I went into their friends lists and sure enough they all know each other.
> theyre are obviously searching in teams of 2.
> I have heard of this but this was the first time I had seen it.
> My question is is this punishable, and if so how would they be reported?

It’s not a punishable offense and no, there is no one you can report it to.

Fact is that if you are a high level Arena player, search times are very slow in a full party. Thanks to craptacular population, players are forced to do the 2s trick just to find a match.

> TC Really it is just best to stay out of Arena. It is an example of a great idea which was poorly implemented. My first Arena game I had a perfection, yet that somehow didn’t earn me the 1600 that I was going for. However next game my teammate was roughly 25-23, and his tool of destruction was Rockets. Guess what? He got his 1600. After seeing that the game considered spamming rockets and going +2, to be MORE skilled than having a perfection without touching power weapons, I really realized that it wasn’t what I had hoped it would be. I still played a while for my friends sake, but really we all wound up realizing how incredibly flawed the system was.
>
> If you have friends who you can rotate with (The goal of each game is to get one person to 1600) then I’m sure it isn’t so terrible. If you go in with randoms, expect them to WATCH you die when they could help you, just so they can clean up the kill and get better individual stats. If even your own team is willing to be extremely cheap in order to get 1600, imagine what your opposition will do? Trust me, get out of there and never go back.

Your rating has absolutely nothing to do with how you’re ranked. All that matters if if your team wins or loses and if true skill predicted the outcome correctly.