[Arena - BTB] Useless Turrets

I’m talking about mounted turrets (including Shades)

I was thinking how useless are the turrets in Arena MP… Well, first of all it’s not like there are that many of them… I only recall there being a Shade Turrent on “Altar”, and it is so awfully placed that combined with is horrible firing mode it is a miracle if you manage to kill someone.

I wish more maps had turrets placed on them. What do you guys think?

Bad idea, unless more cover was added people would just be mowed down.

Turrets have always been useless in multiplayer. They’ve never been particularly useful in PvE, either… it’d be nice if they could change that. Make the Shade turret something you can actually use.

Did sandtrap have a shade turret or is it something the creator of the map just decided to add in?

Shade turrets do literally no damage. And when there is an enemy banshee well one fuel rod bomb will kill you. Absolutely useless.

> 2533274834952794;3:
> Turrets have always been useless in multiplayer. They’ve never been particularly useful in PvE, either… it’d be nice if they could change that. Make the Shade turret something you can actually use.

This ^^^

I actually would like a turret to be somewhere in a map where it matters to use it, now people just pass them by, nobody wants to use them because it just makes you a huge “HEY SHOOT ME PLEASE!!!”

Turrets are the only things that aren’t balanced in Halo 5 in the way of weapon balance. Including the darn warthog turret, it’s way too easy to get shot off.

I don’t know about shades, never bothered using them. I suppose they’re only there because they were in the original Sandtrap?

But the other turrets are incredibly powerful in the right hands. On Fracture and Recurve, the first thing I do is take the turret or rocket pod, depending on which map. You just need to stay close to cover and never wander out in the open. As for splinter turrets, I’d avoid them unless you’re playing on Antifreeze. In which case, pair it with the Active Camo nearby. Even when you fire, you’ll stay invisible. This combo basically turns you into the grim reaper.

> 2533274833830630;1:
> I’m talking about mounted turrets (including Shades)
>
> I was thinking how useless are the turrets in Arena MP… Well, first of all it’s not like there are that many of them… I only recall there being a Shade Turrent on “Altar”, and it is so awfully placed that combined with is horrible firing mode it is a miracle if you manage to kill someone.
>
> I wish more maps had turrets placed on them. What do you guys think?

So then don’t use it??? I mean if it’s not useful then stay away from it. And the fact it’s included in the map itself doesn’t take anything away from the map itself…