Arena Bloom or No-Bloom

I really like Arena, but rarely any people play and I think that is the reason because of BLOOM. I say Arena should have a voting system where the top is Bloom and the bottom is No-Bloom. Bloom can be such a issue when trying to get a kill and a good rating. I have had so many issues where I have a guy to a one shot kill and then Bloom cause me to get killed, because many times this has happened not to me but my friends where the player is a one shot you shoot then the bloom cause you to miss when its right on their head, not only frustrating but costly to your rating.

Why would the only ranked playlist have competitive settings? That’s just crazy.

> Why would the only ranked playlist have competitive settings? That’s just crazy.

June playlist update chagelog.
-Armor Lock and Active Camo TU changes returned to default settings. 300% bloom added.
-Removed Squad Slayer and MLG. MLG gametypes and maps added to Action Sack, with low weighting.
-Removed The Arena, in its place, Zombies Arena and Invasion Arena.
-Anyone with a K/D over 2 is banned from matchmaking.

> > Why would the only ranked playlist have competitive settings? That’s just crazy.
>
> June playlist update chagelog.
> -Armor Lock and Active Camo TU changes returned to default settings. 300% bloom added.
> -Removed Squad Slayer and MLG. MLG gametypes and maps added to Action Sack, with low weighting.
> -Removed The Arena, in its place, Zombies Arena and Invasion Arena.
> -Anyone with a K/D over 2 is banned from matchmaking.

=D <3 LOL

> > Why would the only ranked playlist have competitive settings? That’s just crazy.
>
> -Armor Lock and Active Camo TU changes returned to default settings. 300% bloom added.
> -Removed Squad Slayer and MLG. MLG gametypes and maps added to Action Sack, with low weighting.

Woaa, a 343 dev actually took the time to come here, read the forums, and even give us an answer! no way :smiley:

i wish it were the days when nobody knew what the word “bloom” ment, when it was but a silly fantasy in some bungie employee’s mind… ahh, one can dream…

The movement speed would need to be increased to match MLG if zero bloom were to be adopted, otherwise the gameplay actually stagnates, from my experiences in the TU Beta playlist.

Wassamatter guys? I though the hallowed TU fixed bloom for everyone, thats what was said at the time. Hallelujah the people sang, we fickle children are finally satisfied. Turns out that was less than accurate shall we say? lol.

Sure 85% us better than default. 85% still sucks. Stagnant? With Zb players seem to get a bit more aggressive when pursuing that final shot. A decent player with a dmr can still carry the team if his team just sucks. Right now the only way to be accurate is through teamshot. Relying solely on team shooting usually means more camping. More camping means very stagnant gameplay. Combine the crappy bloom with no bleed through and you get straight boring, boy scout camping game play. With less bloom you can still get that kill shot in when you have someone low and then get triple teamed. Did anyone have the chance to play with bleed through and ZB? Wow… That was amazing. Bloom is pointless and was just added to compensate for AR nubs

>

Seems legit.

• no bleed
  • DMR primary
  • AR secoundary
  • sprint only spawns
  • 110% damage, DMR is still 5sk but other weapons deal more damage
  • 110% movement
  • 110% jump height

> - no bleed
> - DMR primary
> - AR secoundary
> - sprint only spawns
> - 110% damage, DMR is still 5sk but other weapons deal more damage
> - 110% movement
> - 110% jump height

Yeah lets make grenades more OP. 110% damage resistance with bless thru is the way to go. Except for nerfing nades and making automatics more useless it doesn’t change gameplay. Kills are still:

4 body 1 head
4 body 1 melee
1 melee 1 head
2 melee

Relevant settings also include:
-110 movement
-110 jump
-150 gravity
-90 melee
-200 health/ shield recharge
-sprint, DMR, 1 frag
-zero bloom
-jetpack, evade, hologram pickups
-small(ish) arena style maps

Wait what? Why would you ban me?

> Wassamatter guys? I though the hallowed TU fixed bloom for everyone, thats what was said at the time. Hallelujah the people sang, we fickle children are finally satisfied. Turns out that was less than accurate shall we say? lol.

Broken bloom is broken bloom, its better than Vanilla but, it still crunches play at the top level with the random factor.

> Wassamatter guys? I though the hallowed TU fixed bloom for everyone, thats what was said at the time. Hallelujah the people sang, we fickle children are finally satisfied. Turns out that was less than accurate shall we say? lol.

The less variables when players are trying to win, the better.

> > -Anyone with a K/D over 2 is banned from matchmaking.
>
> Wait what? Why would you ban me?

Because of recent complaints with the matchmaking system, players have been put into very lopsided games. In order to remedy this, the minority group of players unfortunately cannot continue playing. This evens out the playing field for all of the remaining players in the sense that they will no longer be put into games with players far above their skill level.

Why does it feel like bloom is just becoming an excuse or scapegoat for whenever a player does something wrong?

It’s pretty hard to miss your shot on TU settings, since you REALLY have to be slamming that trigger to get up to max spread.
If you’re gunning that hard, more than likely you’ll be missing in Zero Bloom as well…

> Why does it feel like bloom is just becoming an excuse or scapegoat for whenever a player does something wrong?
>
> It’s pretty hard to miss your shot on TU settings, since you REALLY have to be slamming that trigger to get up to max spread.
> If you’re gunning that hard, more than likely you’ll be missing in Zero Bloom as well…

You touch upon perhaps a sore subject here. If every “random” “variable” is removed from the game, what will be left to blame except yourself when you get royally donged on? What will there be left to complain about on waypoint forums? I suspect Some might not like the answer to that.

Careful what you wish for fellers.

cough GoldPRO Playlist cough

Oh, Sitristahl, you forgot to add UNLIMITED ARMOR LOCK PRO and TEAM HAMMERS ON HEMORRHAGE to every playlist, in the first slot every time. IT’S THE WAY REACH WAS MEANT TO BE!

> > Why does it feel like bloom is just becoming an excuse or scapegoat for whenever a player does something wrong?
> >
> > It’s pretty hard to miss your shot on TU settings, since you REALLY have to be slamming that trigger to get up to max spread.
> > If you’re gunning that hard, more than likely you’ll be missing in Zero Bloom as well…
>
> You touch upon perhaps a sore subject here. If every “random” “variable” is removed from the game, what will be left to blame except yourself when you get royally donged on? What will there be left to complain about on waypoint forums? I suspect Some might not like the answer to that.
>
> Careful what you wish for fellers.

Zero bloom, Sprint only, DMR Slayer on dedicated servers would be glorious and remove all random variables besides the only one that matters: Skill.

> Zero bloom, Sprint only, DMR Slayer on dedicated servers would be glorious and remove all random variables besides the only one that matters: Skill.

Except no shooters today do this, trying to remove every single thing that could be different during gameplay. And Halo will certainly not be the one to do it. All it leads to is predictability and a stale, boring game to watch and play.
People like suspense, people like surprises. Competitive sports have all kinds of things that can’t be controlled, why should competitive videogames or my Halo suddenly become this sterile virtual battlefield?

Bullet spread/deviation/bloom or whatever other little random things have been around in so many forms throughout both casual and competitive videogames in the past decades or so, that I refuse to believe it suddenly has become this huge issue that it becomes the go to thing to bash whenever the game seems to wrong the player in a way. Afterall, it certainly is never the fault of the player.

But people throwing it around now just makes it seem bigger than it really is.
I mean come on, I saw people wanting bloomless/spreadless Assault Rifles for Halo 4. It’s getting out of hand.
Take your almighty skill, talk to your team, take what you’re given in-game, and just win.