Are you willing to kill Halsey?

Face it; with the end of Spartan Ops, it’s pretty obvious that’s where this is going. She’s going to work alongside Jul M’dama and his Storm contingency to ressurect the Promethean menace, exact it on Earth, and boom. You’ve got Halo 5 and 6.
This whole speculation could very likely be all bull-yoink, but what else is there? She’s one of the most significant characters in the entire Halo universe, 343’s not just going to throw her in whatever dungeon the Jul has on his huge ship and cut her other arm off and let her bleed to death. But regardless, are YOU ready to be the one to see her end by whatever screwed-up conclusion 343’s got in store for us?

Your post is a bit confusing…did u not like spartan ops? Did u not like the direction that they went with Cathrine?
Thought it was a poll about killing her…kinda all over the place.

I thought the spartan ops story was good. She never said WHO she wanted “revenge” on so speculating her death or where ever you meant this post to go, in my eyes is a little premature. Doubt they will have her killed. Prob give her a fake tech arm like The Massive Dynamic lady from Fringe (if u watched the show).

Oh absolutely : orders are orders…

> Face it; with the end of Spartan Ops, it’s pretty obvious that’s where this is going. She’s going to work alongside Jul M’dama and his Storm contingency to ressurect the Promethean menace, exact it on Earth, and boom. You’ve got Halo 5 and 6.
> This whole speculation could very likely be all bull-yoink, but what else is there? She’s one of the most significant characters in the entire Halo universe, 343’s not just going to throw her in whatever dungeon the Jul has on his huge ship and cut her other arm off and let her bleed to death. But regardless, are YOU ready to be the one to see her end by whatever screwed-up conclusion 343’s got in store for us?

I’ll give 343i a chance because I personally loved the campaign. I don’t think all stories are one-dimensional so I won’t make any big assumptions for now. As for killing Halsey, I’d need a very good reason for it to happen but I’m not 100% against her death. However, the eulogy she made in Reach hints at the fact she probably lives.

I say no because I really don’t think we are going to kill her. She is going to use the covenant to get what she wants and when she does she will head back to the unsc and convince them she is on their side like she did with the covanant.

In my opinion she only said she wanted revenge to convince Jul that she was not going to betray him but in the end she will when she gets what she wants.

I’m going to pull a Commander Palmer and let my emotions and my opinion on Halsey cloud my judgement.

No, I won’t kill her.

> Your post is a bit confusing…did u not like spartan ops? Did u not like the direction that they went with Cathrine?
> Thought it was a poll about killing her…kinda all over the place.
>
> I thought the spartan ops story was good. She never said WHO she wanted “revenge” on so speculating her death or where ever you meant this post to go, in my eyes is a little premature. Doubt they will have her killed. Prob give her a fake tech arm like The Massive Dynamic lady from Fringe (if u watched the show).

What I meant was by the sound of it, she might be an antagonist for the upcoming titles and could be put in a position where killing her could be an objective.

Yes.

I really hope that’s not Halo 5 and 6’s story. I want to see some Forerunners, Precursors, and Flood.

Anyone who knows her character knows she wouldn’t turn against John and the other spartan twos. She is manipulating Mdama.

What if Dr. Halsey’s plan to betray Mdama required the deaths of 100 UNSC soldiers?

I would bust her Yoink! so hard she would have to get it amputated.

Sign me up, man. Lend me a Spartan assassination knife and I’ll take her other arm and then her life with it. She totally deserves it.

Well if the game demands that I kill Halsey then I have no choice. But if it could be avoided, then I won’t kill her. Killing Halsey accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Halsey indirectly saved humanity. And she never put the Infinity in danger. She deserves revenge.

Doubt it. Knowing her, she is only going to kill if it means getting Jul at the right moment to get him killed.

Halsey isn’t an idiot. She plays anyone as if they are a chess piece. She is more than likely changing her plan on the fly just to get closer to whatever she is working on.

John and the others would never kill her. No matter what happens to them they will protect Halsey. This was seen in Glasslands when they arrested her Kelly defended her, however I think Halsey accepted being arrested which also made Kelly angry.

Why not? We already got our Master Chief, and I doubt that Halsey would get another Chief. Sorry, I’m taking shooting my way out too seriously.

> Oh absolutely : orders are orders…

“Are you a puppet or a spartan?”
-Halsey Halo:Reach

I said No because of what we seen so far. If you read the last weekly bulletin you get the idea that 343 were developing the story as they went. I would hope they had an idea of where they wanted to take the story when they decided in the trilogy.

I think the Halo universe could survive Hulsey’s death. The thing is, I’m not sure how Halo 5 and 6 could survive it at this point.

Easy answer. NO, I would not be able to pull the trigger knowing what she has done for humanity.