Are you happy with Halo 4's release date?

I thought it was coming out on the 16th of November, but it turns out to be the 6th. This means that Halo 4 is released a bit early from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. I wanted Halo 4 to come after, just to see what would happen if Halo came out after the Call of Duty did.

Anyways, are you happy with Halo 4’s release date? Do you think it will sell well as it comes out before Call of Duty? Some people may buy Halo 4 just to play it before CoD, and some people may just wait until BO2, or some people may buy both or just one of them.

Personally, I’m okay with the release date. I wanted it to compete against CoD in a very similar release date though. I thought that H4 would come out in December, however.

Well, if by “Happy” you mean would I have wanted it a different way, then ofcourse I feel it necessary to say if it were up to me it’d be ready and released already…

…If you’re going to dream, Dream big

…But, seriously, I’m fine with the release date, obviously I’d appreciate it if it were released sooner, but I’m fine with waiting…

Every halo game to date has been released late in the year, so one game isn’t going to annoy me. Probably like everyone one else I’d prefer a properly finished and tested game as opposed to a slightly test and polished one.

> I thought it was coming out on the 16th of November, but it turns out to be the 6th. This means that Halo 4 is released a bit early from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. I wanted Halo 4 to come after, just to see what would happen if Halo came out after the Call of Duty did.
>
> Anyways, are you happy with Halo 4’s release date? Do you think it will sell well as it comes out before Call of Duty? Some people may buy Halo 4 just to play it before CoD, and some people may just wait until BO2, or some people may buy both or just one of them.
>
>
>
>
> Personally, I’m okay with the release date. I wanted it to compete against CoD in a very similar release date though. I thought that H4 would come out in December, however.

Microsoft

343 should take the time to make this a good game, not get it released as soon as possible. That would leave a lot of fans and I angry. However, I do want to play Halo 4 RIGHT NOW, but I can settle with playing other games and doing other stuff right now before Halo 4 comes out.

I have a few months to live before I lose my life on a masterpiece of a videogame.

Anyone with any other CoD game doesn’t need this CoD, if they buy this instead of Halo 4, or allot of other cool games coming out, then they lack sense.

I’m glad it’s coming out before it so people won’t all buy Black Ops 2 and then be like, “I don’t have enough money for Halo 4” or whatever.

> Anyone with any other CoD game doesn’t need this CoD, if they buy this instead of Halo 4, or allot of other cool games coming out, then they lack sense.
>
> I’m glad it’s coming out before it so people won’t all buy Black Ops 2 and then be like, “I don’t have enough money for Halo 4” or whatever.

I don’t like much of the Call of Duty community. A lot of them are just trendy-attention-seeking people who say “I play Call of Duty!” to get more attention. A lot of them are not very nice, as well.
Yeah I agree, Halo 4 will be the better game. But I still think they’ll buy BO2 no matter what, they’re brainwashed kids.

Why would you buy BO2 when it’s the same thing except with robots now, and set farther into the future. You have to pay for all the map packs, which costs A LOT of money, and next year another of the same CoD game would be released with more of the same map packs.
Halo 4 has Spartan Ops, which is updated weekly for you to play for FREE.

Releasing against CoD seems to me like a poor decision. CoD has proven to be the more popular and successful franchise, so all the “independents” who are tight on a budget, will likely stick with CoD over Halo. Had it been a September release, like some previous Halos, then I think some of the “independents” may have been more willing to try something new and give Halo 4 a solid go.

CoD might also be starting to get some franchise fatigue, so who knows, maybe Halo 4 can go head to head with CoD and do fine.

Not happy at all. I’m going to have finals a week or two after the release and I’m going to have to study so not a lot of play time.

If anything I’d be happier if it took more than a year more to come out. More time to work on it

> Releasing against CoD seems to me like a poor decision. CoD has proven to be the more popular and successful franchise, so all the “independents” who are tight on a budget, will likely stick with CoD over Halo. Had it been a September release, like some previous Halos, then I think some of the “independents” may have been more willing to try something new and give Halo 4 a solid go.
>
> CoD might also be starting to get some franchise fatigue, so who knows, maybe Halo 4 can go head to head with CoD and do fine.

Don’t forget that majority of the Fanboys didn’t like BO and since BO2 is making a bigger step in a different direction (since they dont like change) alot of them may not buy it. so Halo 4 may win regarding sales (360 only), But this is my hypothesis so only time will tell.

I’m happy with it, Blops has absolutely no impact on the matter for me.

It’d s good thing it gets released late. That way 343i has a change to fully test and polish the game.

I’m fine with the release date, I’m just happy that it is before that Black Ops 2 releases.

yeah of course I’m happy with the release date, Black-ops II can wait. C’mon The return of MASTER F*CK’N CHIEF or the return of Old man Woods??

How about this, buy Halo 4 when it comes out and get Black ops 2 for christmas.

I’m not unhappy with it. Meh…