Are you getting the Xbox One?

Hey, I am wondering how many of you all are getting the Xbox One and how many of you are not.

I am getting the Xbox One as I have had my Xbox Live profile for years now and really do not want to leave it for… Playstation, nothing got me excited for Playstation as for the Xbox One on the other hand…

I get to keep my profile so I was sold pretty much straight away, plus Xbox and Halo got me into gaming so it would be a little hard to move to Playstation knowing Halo is not there.

Also I love the Xbox controller.

Also… How else would I play Halo :smiley:

Im it buying when Halo 5 comes out.
I find the X1 being better for me than PS4, so there is that too why im buying it.

I really wasn’t sure that I would after first news of the x1 broke, but after seeing the games for it during e3 I am giving it more consideration (titanfall looks sick).

Like most of you, I am an Xbox fan because of halo. This should be an easy choice an I hate the fact that Microsoft is making me think about it.

However as time goes by I feel that the trade off for halo just might be worth the restrictions and my privacy haha

I’m getting an Xbox One.

I like Halo, so that is a no brainer. Also Titan Fall looks great, so does Ryse, Killer Instinct and everything else. Add in Destiny and it’s good!

The Playstation 4 conference said that Sony isn’t changing their stance on anything and everyone went crazy but they haven’t really announced any good looking games besides Infamous. They’re staying the same while Xbox One is pushing forward (and getting flak for it).

It’s going to be an interesting console generation. If I had the time and money to get both, I would but I’m getting an Xbox One first and foremost.

I am definitely getting the XBone because:

1.Games I like (Modnation racers was the only ps3 game I liked yet they made that into LBP karting…)

2.Always online doesn’t matter, I am already online.

1. Never bought used games, plus I am used to steam, DRM is nothing new.

2. Prefer controller and general system.

5.I’m not too bothered about the compulsory £80 for the kinect, nor do I comprehend why some people are paranoid of it. Really do yout think you are that important that MS will spy on you, lol no. (Why is everybody so concerned with their privacy, Im pretty sure these companies don’t care about your history unless you intend to go on a bombing spree…

PS4 has nothing for me while all the “negatives” of XBone don’t really matter to meeeeeeeeeee…

I’m honestly so torn about this right now. The policies Microsoft are implementing on the Xbox One is very restrictive however, their exclusives (in my opinion) blows Sony’s right out of the water. Not to mention, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV are going to be multiplatform now so I have absolutely no reason to pick up a PS4 other than them being a lot less anti-consumer…I guess I will wait and see because I still have a good 1-2 years on my 360 before even considering buying a next gen console.

asinine policies aside, MS’s launch line-up is pretty solid. Hard to ignore.

(That and I already reserved my Day-One edition)

Not a chance for either the xbox or playstation at that price. i can think of far better things to spend my money on

> I’m honestly so torn about this right now. The policies Microsoft are implementing on the Xbox One is very restrictive however, their exclusives (in my opinion) blows Sony’s right out of the water. Not to mention, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV are going to be multiplatform now so I have absolutely no reason to pick up a PS4 other than them being a lot less anti-consumer…I guess I will wait and see because I still have a good 1-2 years on my 360 before even considering buying a next gen console.

I’ll wait and see also, my 360’s still in good order and also wait to see if any bugs pop up and get ironed out before buying (the fatel Red Ring in early 360’s)and the price to come down a bit (halos not enough to make me jump at it, considering all the problems that 4 has seemed to have)

Yep. Can’t play Halo on anything else and it’s really all I play. Other than that I only use my Xbox for streaming movies and now I’ll be able to watch TV on it as well. Their new console is targeting me perfectly.

I am waiting to see what the exact privacy restrictions are on the 24 hour check-in to make sure it’s not just a data-mining box, although it is a data-mining box with a superior game lineup. The newest generation doesn’t seem to have the same privacy hangups that old farts like me do.

The extreme levels of DRM is very troubling, but it is also probably inevitable. Ultra-restrictive DRM is what all tech companies and Intellectual Property owners would ultimately prefer. Consumer outrage is currently the only thing holding them back. Microsoft just jumped the gun and introduced it a few years too early.

Everyone on the internet is hating on xbox one at the moment, but they fail to realise (or ignoring it on purpose) that they were the ones talking about xbox1 being all about tv and that ps4 is the gamers console, while microsoft announced around 10 EXCLUSIVES for xbox1 (<mark>Ryse, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, Forza 5, Minecraft, Quantum Break, D4, Project Spark, Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3, Titanfall and ofcourse Halo</mark>). The ps4 on the other hand only has 3 (The order, infamous and killzone)and 9 ‘arcade’ games. Iconic ps exclusives like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts are also coming to the xbox1, so buying an xbox1 is actually having everything ps4 has, and more.

With that being said, i’m definitely going to buy one as well :stuck_out_tongue:

i have nothing confirmed yet.

Probably until I see whay Halo 5 will be like. Maybe until I see hands on reviews of it and final details of what it does or can’t do, the problems associated with it (buggy etc), or more.

Not going tp buy this or any console off the back. I play on keeping my 360 once I make a decision though…

I dont really like the fact that microsoft is removing my rights to my property that I paid for. If i buy a chess set I can sell it to a stranger or lend it to a friend, and console video games have been that way from the atari 2600 to the xbox360.

But so many here are so quick to flush their rights down the drain,

anyway if the next halo is a return to trilogy gameplay and removes AAs and ideally sprint and adds a visible skill based 1-50 I may buy an xbone. Other than Halo I play DOA which I can play on the PS4 which is what I will buy if xbone doesnt either fix the xbone or halo.

I’m not sure about getting it at launch, but I’m sure I’ll be getting it for the next major Halo installment. Sunset Overdrive and Spark look pretty cool, though. And depending on my friends’ choices, getting Minecraft for the One might be a thing (since the only value the Xbox version adds over PC for me is ease of local and online multiplayer).

But yeah. I’ll have an Xbox One by the end of 2014.

I’m getting my Xbox One at day-one with no regrets. I kind of like Sony, but PS4 haven’t draw my attention at all.

I do not care for DRM, I really enjoy XBL and I like MS exclusives better.

> I’m getting an Xbox One.
>
> I like Halo, so that is a no brainer. Also Titan Fall looks great, so does Ryse, Killer Instinct and everything else. Add in Destiny and it’s good!
>
> <mark>The Playstation 4 conference said that Sony isn’t changing their stance on anything and everyone went crazy but they haven’t really announced any good looking games besides Infamous. They’re staying the same while Xbox One is pushing forward (and getting flak for it).</mark>
>
> It’s going to be an interesting console generation. If I had the time and money to get both, I would but I’m getting an Xbox One first and foremost.

This is what I don’t get, everybody is talking about how Sony destroyed Microsoft at E3. But from what I’ve seen I think that Microsoft had a better presentation.

The only reason why people went crazy was because Sony just attacked Microsoft by saying that they will allow trading games and that you don’t have to log in every 24 hours. And that was it, there was nothing special about the rest of their presentation.

I will always stick with the Xbox, mainly for Halo and the controller is just always better. And all the stuff about trading games doesn’t effect me anyway. I buy everything new and I never lent my games. I’m also always connected to internet, so it really doesn’t change anything…

If all this stuff really effects Xbox’s popularity, then I’m sure Microsoft will loosen up a bit. People should just wait untill we know everything about the consoles, instead of making an opinion before even knowing how it will all work out.