Are you buying Limited Edition?

I was just wondering everyone’s opinions on the Limited Edition and whether they’ll be buying it.

Personally, I think that for the only special edition for Halo 4 it should come with a bit more physical items, an actual bound book, or at least a patch or something, rather than a few pieces of paper.All we have is a “Spartan Handbook” (thin and made completely paper with no real cover), a mission briefing card, and a poster with Spartan-IV armour schematics.

Of course you get that nice steel case and while the package is also paper, it’s pretty cool looking, and you do get a LOT of downloadable goodies, such as in-game armour pieces, avatar items, and probably best of all, the entire Forward Unto Dawn movie for download. Still, is that worth forty bucks?

If I can get my hands on the extra forty bucks then I’ll definitely buy the limited edition because I’m a huge fan and I kind of have to.

Answer: Yes.

I have no issue with what we get in the LE.

just canceled my limited edition, everything in it will be available to everyone in a month or so, nothing in it is actually ‘‘LIMITED’’…so false advertising right of the bat…way to go 343…nice job.

Yes, yes I am. I ordered it because I am a die hard fan of the series. I won’t let some lack of exlcusives hinder my choice.

I paid the entire thing off ages ago… otherwise I would have cancelled my preorder.

Yes, advertising mix up or not I want the physical extras

Yeah, there’s really nothing exclusive in it, and the specializations can’t even be used until you unlock them anyways, so the way I see it that’s just completely pointless… 343 seems more money-hungry and rip-off-ish than BUNGiE. ANd of course they owuld be; They’re a division of Microsoft, plus they haven’t already made as much as BUNGiE has off of Halo.

> I paid the entire thing off ages ago… otherwise I would have cancelled my preorder.

I’m in the same position. Next time, I’ll be more cautious with my money and wait for more details (two months before release) before I pre-order a Halo 5 Limited Edition.

Oh, one more thing-So you get the map packs early. And… why? If no one else has the maps, who are you going to play them with? You have to wait a few months to even use it.

Issues: yes
Buying LE: Yes

I have many problems with other people being able to obtain “limited” content, but it’s more of a hassle to change it now, and I want the limited case. I’m going to collect them for all the past games. Need H2 LE, and Legendary H3.

> Yeah, there’s really nothing exclusive in it, and the specializations can’t even be used until you unlock them anyways, so the way I see it that’s just completely pointless… 343 seems more money-hungry and rip-off-ish than BUNGiE. ANd of course they owuld be; They’re a division of Microsoft, plus they haven’t already made as much as BUNGiE has off of Halo.

Flaming 343 and/or Microsoft is a sure way to get your thread locked.

I like more digital content than physical content, but I’ll still be getting mine. Even though I am disappointed with what 343/Microsoft decided to do, make the Recruit armor un-exclusive and letting everybody have all the specializations early.

But I think that the people that cancelled their pre-orders will regret it, they will have to pay for future Map Packs.

Can not wait to get the halo 4 console! I will also be getting the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Although I am fairly disappointed with the contents, as a big halo fan, I can’t pull myself away from the few exclusives that do come with it. Oh and $83 isn’t a bad price to pay for both :))

I’m buying the limited edition.

I personally think its worth getting because you’re getting the map packs and everything else at the same time in a bundle and don’t have to worry about buying everything later on down the road when it comes out for everyone.

Still getting the Limited Edition.

> > Yeah, there’s really nothing exclusive in it, and the specializations can’t even be used until you unlock them anyways, so the way I see it that’s just completely pointless… 343 seems more money-hungry and rip-off-ish than BUNGiE. ANd of course they owuld be; They’re a division of Microsoft, plus they haven’t already made as much as BUNGiE has off of Halo.
>
> Flaming 343 and/or Microsoft is a sure way to get your thread locked.

I understand the people who own microsoft and 343 believe themselves to be gods but this until further notice and over the blood,sweat and tears of its countrymen is still a free nation and everyone and anyone can say whatever they want about its companies.

> > I paid the entire thing off ages ago… otherwise I would have cancelled my preorder.
>
> I’m in the same position. Next time, I’ll be more cautious with my money and wait for more details (two months before release) before I pre-order a Halo 5 Limited Edition.

I am in the same situation, I will also wait when Halo 5 comes out before I pay off a copy of the LE like I did with Halo 4

Yes, because it is awesome posom.

> just canceled my limited edition, everything in it will be available to everyone in a month or so, nothing in it is actually ‘‘LIMITED’’…so false advertising right of the bat…way to go 343…nice job.

There was never any false advertising by Microsoft of 343, look again. So this Recruit PRME isn’t exclusive? This Assault Rifle skin isn’t exclusive? The briefing packet and armour schematics aren’t exclusive? This version of FuD that’s 1080p and not a terrible 480p DVD isn’t exclusive? The avatar bonuses aren’t exclusive? The only thing that isn’t exclusive are the Specializations, but guess what? They never said early access were exclusive to the limited edition.

Why don’t you guys stop blaming other companies or your failure to understand. I read what we were getting with the Limited Edition day one on that bulletin, and I ordered it without problems. Nothing has changed since that first announcement except for the number of people who don’t know that 343/Microsoft aren’t the same people as every company that wrote the details wrong. Wake up and smell the coffee. Just because somebody is getting something you aren’t doesn’t mean you have to falsely accuse the developer. Why don’t you go buy a copy of Halo 4 at every retail store since that is basically what you guys want.

You can’t have everything, and 343 never advertised anything wrong so stop bringing up this immature accusations.

I traded my LE pre order today for the standard edition, I will pick up a UNSC controller instead. It really is sad that there is nothing in the LE that makes it worth buying. FUD will be on DVD and Blu Ray later, everyone will get early access to the specializations, and it benefits others to buy the season pass seperate to get more unlockables. The Fiction pieces in the box look very lazily done, at best. Halsey’s journal from the Reach LE was awesome. They had a high bar to reach and they tripped before they even got there. Just my $.02.